Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Was Jesus a community organizer?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Was Jesus a community organizer? (Read 10,193 times)
MonsterMan the Sheepdog
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Praise Jesus, my Lord
and Savior.

Was Jesus a community organizer?
Sep 10th, 2008 at 3:05am
Print Post  
Curious to see what my fellow Christians think about this.  The Obama camp was circulating emails saying that Jesus was a "community organizer" and Pilate was a Governor.

I have even had that goofball I routinely debate with that I mentioned here before tell me that Jesus is a community organizer.

I have been a Christian for about 10 years now and have been going to church for the last 25 years.

I have NEVER heard of Jesus being called a community organizer.

Do you think it is a bit of a stretch to say Jesus is one and if he is to compare Obama to Jesus in this regard????

IP Logged

joe_christian
LNF Speaker

Religious Rights

Re: Was Jesus a community organizer?
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Quote:
Curious to see what my fellow Christians think about this.  The Obama camp was circulating emails saying that Jesus was a "community organizer" and Pilate was a Governor.

I have even had that goofball I routinely debate with that I mentioned here before tell me that Jesus is a community organizer.

I have been a Christian for about 10 years now and have been going to church for the last 25 years.

Do you think it is a bit of a stretch to say Jesus is one and if he is to compare Obama to Jesus in this regard????

I think it's just fine for the libs to compare Obama to Jesus because it shows how religious liberalism really is.

One thing is for sure. Jesus never got any federal funding for his religious work in the community.

Besides, Muslims and communists do a lot of community organizing also and I would compare Obama to them if you want to get the true picture.

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 9:40am
Print Post  
I've never heard of Jesus being called a "community organizer."  Granted, he organized a community, but that's like calling a nuclear reactor an "atomic arranger."

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Curious to see what my fellow Christians think about this.  The Obama camp was circulating emails saying that Jesus was a "community organizer" and Pilate was a Governor.

I think Jesus had more important things to do than "organize" a community. And unlike Obama, Jesus did everything with the eternal future of his children on his mind, not trying to earn brownie points toward getting elected.

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Jesus wasn't a political, community organizer. His purpose was to save fallen mankind. That being said, i got more respect for community organizers than I do most politicians. I don't consider it anything to be ashamed of, or to denigrate.

IP Logged

Triple_R
LNF Representative
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #5 - Sep 20th, 2008 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
A few points...

1. When some Obama supporters/liberals say that they're not attacking, or denigrating, Jesus. At least not in their own mind (how Jesus Himself takes it, I don't know). They consider the comment a compliment.

2. That being said, the comment is mostly related to the fight over the term "community organizer", what it precisely means, and whether or not it'll hold a largely positive, or largely negative, connotation in the general public. Religious concerns/perspectives are very much secondary in the minds of the people making the comment.

3. When I think of "community organizer", I think of a person who brings people together to try to accomplish things like urban renewal projects, town beautification, the establishment of youth centers to help out the youth, lobbying for more affordable housing creation, trying to improve race relations, combating violence in schools, etc...

By this measure, the term "community organizer" seems very ill-fitting of Jesus Christ, to me. Granted, Jesus arguably touched slightly on some of these (His teachings, if followed, would prove very helpful in combating violence in schools, for example), but I don't think that either of them were a goal in and of itself for Jesus - I think that they would simply be beneficial side-effects of religious and spiritual goals.

So, to me, Jesus isn't/wasn't really a community organizer.

If someone has a different conception of "community organizer" to offer up, I'll consider it, but this is my view right now.

IP Logged

Low_pockets
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
IMHO i think maybe this should be on the political forum.
Did not Jesus avoid politics?

IP Logged

Fig-bearing_Thistle
LNF Staffer1

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #7 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Curious to see what my fellow Christians think about this.  The Obama camp was circulating emails saying that Jesus was a "community organizer" and Pilate was a Governor.

Jesus is a King.  Karl Marx was a community organizer.

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Reply #8 - Oct 14th, 2008 at 8:56am
Print Post  
Fig-bearing_Thistle wrote on Oct 13th, 2008 at 11:46pm:
Jesus is a King.  Karl Marx was a community organizer.

I think Karl Marx was a little more radical than that...

IP Logged

IMPEACH BARACK OBAMA
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Reply #9 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 1:25am
Print Post  
Quote:
IMHO i think maybe this should be on the political forum.
Did not Jesus avoid politics?

No, in fact he said to render unto Ceaser what belongs to Ceaser and give unto God what belongs to God.

There's your politics right there.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Was Jesus a community organizer?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog