Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Was Jesus a community organizer?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Was Jesus a community organizer? (Read 10,191 times)
jeff
Ex Member

Re: Was Jesus a community organizer?
Reply #10 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 8:13am
Print Post  
Quote:
I think Karl Marx was a little more radical than that...

just another cheap attempt at equating community organizer with communism.

now Ghandi... there was a community organizer.  interestingly, Ghandi reflected Jesus better than most do and most ever have.

IP Logged

MonsterMan the Sheepdog
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Praise Jesus, my Lord
and Savior.

Reply #11 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:

now Ghandi... there was a community organizer.  interestingly, Ghandi reflected Jesus better than most do and most ever have.

Well, minus the whole believing in God the Father part.... sure.

IP Logged

jeff
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 12:52am
Print Post  
Quote:
Well, minus the whole believing in God the Father part.... sure.

clearly one doesn't need to believe in God in order to well exemplify Jesus' ideals.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #13 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:

now Ghandi... there was a community organizer.  interestingly, Ghandi reflected Jesus better than most do and most ever have.

And where is Ghandi now? In hell. Way to go, Ghandi.

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #14 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Nov 18th, 2008 at 8:13pm:
And where is Ghandi now? In hell. Way to go, Ghandi.

Quote:
Mahatma Gandhi is one of the most respected leaders of modern history. A Hindu, Ghandi nevertheless admired Jesus and often quoted from the Sermon on the Mount. Once when the missionary E. Stanley Jones met with Ghandi he asked him, "Mr. Ghandi, though you quote the words of Christ often, why is that you appear to so adamantly reject becoming his follower?"

Ghandi replied, "Oh, I don't reject your Christ. I love your Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Apparently Ghandi's rejection of Christianity grew out of an incident that happened when he was a young man practicing law in South Africa. He had become attracted to the Christian faith, had studied the Bible and the teachings of Jesus, and was seriously exploring becoming a Christian. And so he decided to attend a church service. As he came up the steps of the large church where he intended to go, a white South African elder of the church barred his way at the door. "Where do you think you're going, kaffir?" the man asked Ghandi in a belligerent tone of voice.

Ghandi replied, "I'd like to attend worship here."

The church elder snarled at him, "There's no room for kaffirs in this church. Get out of here or I'll have my assistants throw you down the steps."

From that moment, Ghandi said, he decided to adopt what good he found in Christianity, but would never again consider becoming a Christian if it meant being part of the church.

How we treat those others tells e people MORE about what we believe, and what followibng Jesus means to us than all tracts we pass out, or all the fine sermons we deliver.

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/552.htm

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #15 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:

So what? That doesn't change the fact that the oh-so-holy-Ghandi is in hell right now.

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

Triple_R
LNF Representative
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #16 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 12:45am
Print Post  
Quote:
clearly one doesn't need to believe in God in order to well exemplify Jesus' ideals.

I strongly disagree. Belief in God is at the core of many of the ideals of Jesus Christ.

You can't have complete trust in God (as Jesus taught - encouraging people to trust in God for everything, in the portion of the Bible which talks about God knowing every hair on our head) with out believing in God, clearly.

You can't have a mighty faith (as per the mustard seed parable) with out faith, clearly.

You can't return to "the father" as the parable son did, with out believing in God, clearly.

Secularizing Jesus is wrong-headed to the nth degree - Jesus frequently spoke of the importance of belief in God the Father, and we as Christians should must certainly do so as well. Obviously, folks who lack belief in God can not "exemplify" the ideals of Jesus Christ in this crucial area.

« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2008 at 12:52am by Triple_R »  

IP Logged

DPMartin
LNF Staffer3

Let there be Light

Reply #17 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 7:40am
Print Post  
Triple_R wrote on Nov 19th, 2008 at 12:45am:
I strongly disagree. Belief in God is at the core of many of the ideals of Jesus Christ.

You can't have complete trust in God (as Jesus taught - encouraging people to trust in God for everything, in the portion of the Bible which talks about God knowing every hair on our head) with out believing in God, clearly.

You can't have a mighty faith (as per the mustard seed parable) with out faith, clearly.

You can't return to "the father" as the parable son did, with out believing in God, clearly.

Secularizing Jesus is wrong-headed to the nth degree - Jesus frequently spoke of the importance of belief in God the Father, and we as Christians should must certainly do so as well. Obviously, folks who lack belief in God can not "exemplify" the ideals of Jesus Christ in this crucial area.

agreed:

there seems to be a world miss perception that Jesus Christ is some kind of philosopher of ideals. But He is the revelation of the Truth of God in man, to man.

&&&&A citizen in need of changing his ways. For as it has been said by one much wiser: “The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.”
IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Reply #18 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 9:34am
Print Post  
Triple_R wrote on Nov 19th, 2008 at 12:45am:

How do you demonstrate "belief in God"?  And how does that demonstration contrast with Gandhi's actions?

I know a lot of people that say they believe in God, or believe in his existence, or whatever, but you might be hard pressed to find evidence of their belief in their actions.  So...

IP Logged

Triple_R
LNF Representative
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #19 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
How do you demonstrate "belief in God"?  And how does that demonstration contrast with Gandhi's actions?

You demonstrate a belief in God through words and deeds - as you demonstrate any type of belief. First, your words must reflect that belief, and then your deeds (or actions) will determine just how seriously and consistently you take that belief. So, words are the first hurdle, and deeds/actions are the second hurdle.

A person who states that he or she does not believe in God, and/or that he or she is an atheist, has clearly demonstrated by his or her words that he or she lacks belief in God, and hence are completely unable to exemplify a very large portion of the ideals taught by Jesus Christ.

Quote:
I know a lot of people that say they believe in God, or believe in his existence, or whatever, but you might be hard pressed to find evidence of their belief in their actions.  So...

I'm not saying that everyone who claims a belief in God exemplifies the ideals of Jesus. I'm saying that if you claim the contrary, you are unable to exemplify a very large portion of the ideals of Jesus.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Was Jesus a community organizer?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog