Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Was Jesus a community organizer?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Was Jesus a community organizer? (Read 10,192 times)
Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Re: Was Jesus a community organizer?
Reply #20 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Triple_R wrote on Nov 19th, 2008 at 12:03pm:
You demonstrate a belief in God through words and deeds - as you demonstrate any type of belief. First, your words must reflect that belief, and then your deeds (or actions) will determine just how seriously and consistently you take that belief. So, words are the first hurdle, and deeds/actions are the second hurdle.

A person who states that he or she does not believe in God, and/or that he or she is an atheist, has clearly demonstrated by his or her words that he or she lacks belief in God, and hence are completely unable to exemplify a very large portion of the ideals taught by Jesus Christ.

I'm not saying that everyone who claims a belief in God exemplifies the ideals of Jesus. I'm saying that if you claim the contrary, you are unable to exemplify a very large portion of the ideals of Jesus.

Did Gandhi claim the contrary?

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #21 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Ghandi was a hindu. Hindus do not accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

Ghandi is in hell.

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #22 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Nov 19th, 2008 at 3:36pm:
Ghandi was a hindu. Hindus do not accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

Ghandi is in hell.

Apparently Gandhi did accept Jesus at some level.  As "Lord and Savior"?  How could we possibly know whether or not he did?  Did he ever make a confession for or against?

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #23 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:
  How could we possibly know whether or not he did?  Did he ever make a confession for or against?

Because he was a hindu. Hindus worship cows, not Jesus.

If you're suggesting that maybe Ghandi at the very last minute of his life accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior, that's a different thing altogether. But let's get real here: Hindus are not Christians. And if you don't accept Jesus as the Son of God and as your Lord and Savior, you are condemned to hell. Whatever good Ghandi did on earth would be meaningless. Good works don't qualify you to have eternal life.

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #24 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Nov 19th, 2008 at 6:16pm:

If you're suggesting that maybe Ghandi at the very last minute of his life accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior, that's a different thing altogether. But let's get real here: Hindus are not Christians. And if you don't accept Jesus as the Son of God and as your Lord and Savior, you are condemned to hell. Whatever good Ghandi did on earth would be meaningless. Good works don't qualify you to have eternal life.

I agree. "Who do you say I am?" There are plenty of charitable,
brave and goodnatured people that do great acts and deeds for whatever motive. None
of that brings them an inch closer to Heaven if they reject the work and person of Christ.

That being said I won't go around showing of about how "saved I am" and how lost or in hell
the other guy is. Brings to mind the parable of the self-righteous Pharisee: "The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican".

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #25 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Nov 19th, 2008 at 6:16pm:

Do you know this to be true?  That he was both a Hindu and a cow worshiper?

Quote:

No, I'm not suggesting this.  Actually, I don't quite know exactly what Gandhi believed.  I'm asking questions.  Everybody else is making statements.  So I'm assuming everybody else knows more about exactly what Gandhi believed that what I did.

Are you sure he was Hindu?  How?

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #26 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Do you know this to be true?  That he was both a Hindu and a cow worshiper?

No, I'm not suggesting this.  Actually, I don't quite know exactly what Gandhi believed.  I'm asking questions.  Everybody else is making statements.  So I'm assuming everybody else knows more about exactly what Gandhi believed that what I did.

Are you sure he was Hindu?  How?

Just look at the freak. If that's not a hindu, I don't know what is.

Look him up on Wikipedia, and it says he was a hindu.

A quote from him:

Quote:
"Hinduism as I know it entirely satisfies my soul, fills my whole being...When doubts haunt me, when disappointments stare me in the face, and when I see not one ray of light on the horizon, I turn to the Bhagavad Gita, and find a verse to comfort me; and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming sorrow. My life has been full of tragedies and if they have not left any visible and indelible effect on me, I owe it to the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita."

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #27 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Nov 19th, 2008 at 8:24pm:
Just look at the freak. If that's not a hindu, I don't know what is.

Look him up on Wikipedia, and it says he was a hindu.

A quote from him:

Well, you couldn't tell by appearances.  I'm sure you might consider Sadhu Sundar Singh a "freak" based on appearances.  But about Gandhi, if it comes to a choice between Jesus and the Bhagavad Gita, I guess he made the wrong choice. Undecided

IP Logged

Triple_R
LNF Representative
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #28 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Did Gandhi claim the contrary?

I honestly don't know.

Honestly, I was never a huge Gandhi fan because I felt that he took the concept of pacifism a bit too far, and I also felt that some of his comments on Christians were overly insulting, not to mention presumptuous for anybody who's not a Christian to make. The concept that a person who's not part of Group A telling members of Group A what a "good" Group A member is has always struck me as highly arrogant, and generally unwanted intrusion.

As such, I've honestly never dwelt much on the state of Gandhi's soul. I personally think that the man has been overly adored - much like Barack Obama, actually, now that I think about it.

I'm not going to claim to know what's in Gandhi's heart and soul just before he died... I'm not going to claim this for any person.

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #29 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Triple_R wrote on Nov 19th, 2008 at 9:26pm:
I honestly don't know.

Honestly, I was never a huge Gandhi fan because I felt that he took the concept of pacifism a bit too far, and I also felt that some of his comments on Christians were overly insulting, not to mention presumptuous for anybody who's not a Christian to make. The concept that a person who's not part of Group A telling members of Group A what a "good" Group A member is has always struck me as highly arrogant, and generally unwanted intrusion.

I can understand his criticism of Christians given that his experience was that of Christianity married with British colonialism.  He said, "I consider western Christianity in its practical working a negation of Christ's Christianity."  He certainly understood the difference experientially.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Was Jesus a community organizer?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog