Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › The Law
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Law (Read 13,723 times)
sherha
LNF Staffer2

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

The Law
Oct 5th, 2008 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
In Psalm 119, the word, "Word," is used interchangeably with, "law," "commandments," "precepts," "statutes," "judgments," "testimonies."

His Word = His law.

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.  And I will put My Spirit within you, and CAUSE YOU to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep My judgments and do them."  Ezek 36:26,27.

When His Spirit is within us, we are empowered by His Spirit to obey His Word - His law.  And that is what "walking in His Spirit" is all about.  the Holy Spirit will never lead us into sin, or, "the transgression of the law." 1 John 3:4.

We have abused grace:

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."  Ga 2:20.

"What shall we say then?  Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?  God forbid.  How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?"  Rom 6:1.

"Do we then make void the law through faith?  God forbid: yea, we establish the law."  Rom 3:31.

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." 1 John 3:4.

When Moses disobeyed the Lord and struck the rock, God charged him with unbelief.  Num 20:12.  When the children of Israel disobeyed the Lord, they were not able to enter The Promised Land, because of unbelief. Heb 3:19.  Unbelief comes out of an evil heart. Heb 3:12.

Disobedience = Unbelief
Obedience = Faith

Rom 16:26 refers to "the obedience of faith."

"By faith Abraham...obeyed." Heb 11:8.

Jesus said, "Not every one that SAITH, Lord, Lord, shall enter (Rev 22:14) into the kingdom of heaven, but he that DOETH the will of My Father, which is in heaven.

MANY will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name?  and in Thy name have cast out devils?  and in Thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity." (lawlessness) Mt 7:21-23.

"And hereby we do know that we know Him, IF we keep His commandments.  He that saith, I KNOW HIM, and keepeth not His commandments, is a LIAR, and the Truth is not in him.  But WHOSO KEEPETH HIS WORD, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby we do know that we are in Him." 1 John 2:3-5.

True faith obeys His every Word - His law.  It is not what we SAY, but, what we DO.

"As far as the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our transgressions ("of the law") from us...TO SUCH AS KEEP HIS COVENANT AND TO THOSE THAT REMEMBER HIS COMMANDMENTS TO DO THEM."  Ps 103.

Covenants have conditions.

"Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have RIGHT to the tree of life, AND MAY ENTER IN through the gates into the city."  Rev 22:14.

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Re: The Law
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
So does word mean law?  Or does law mean word?  Because our words are not synonymous.

Also, there are more covenants in the Bible than the Mosaic covenant.  To which one does the Psalm refer?

IP Logged

joe_christian
LNF Speaker

Religious Rights

Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Great post, sherha.

I tried to absolve my sins by erasing the law, but the law convicted me all over again.

O, foolish man that I was to think that I could abolish the law when Jesus said that "till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled."

IP Logged

David_K
LNF Intern10

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Not one of us can obey the law.

IP Logged

DPMartin
LNF Staffer3

Let there be Light

Reply #4 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
David_K wrote on Oct 9th, 2008 at 1:43pm:

in the flesh no, agreed, but in the Spirit yes. for the flesh is under the law, but the Holy Spirit is not.

In Jesus all is true, but without Him there is nothing. For the integrity of God is in the Christ Jesus. For all covenants and commandments of God are fulfilled in Jesus. In the Old Testament  was the Light given in law and discipline. But no man can fulfill the law nor the commandments. It’s in Jesus the fulfillment of commandment that saved us. For the commandment to the man was not fulfilled that Jesus (the Light ) fulfilled in the son of man. Hence, not only the commandments to man are fulfilled, but “let there be Light” is now fulfilled in the son of man.

Without the commandments fulfilled we are dead in the water, so to speak, but we are saved in the fulfillment of the commandments in Jesus. Including the commandment in the garden. For God’s commandments must be fulfilled. No ifs, buts, or ands, about it. There is no leeway on His commandments.

Therefore they must be fulfilled in us. Hence the Mercy of God unto us in Jesus.

Prov:6:23: For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

&&&&A citizen in need of changing his ways. For as it has been said by one much wiser: “The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.”
IP Logged

joe_christian
LNF Speaker

Religious Rights

Reply #5 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
David_K wrote on Oct 9th, 2008 at 1:43pm:

If you break the law, you risk getting arrested and being put on trial.

You can't break the law and still call yourself a model citizen or Christian.

You will have to pay a penalty if found guilty of your sin or crime.

« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2008 at 8:11pm by joe_christian »  

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #6 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 9:24am
Print Post  
joe_christian wrote on Oct 9th, 2008 at 9:59pm:
If you break the law, you risk getting arrested and being put on trial.

You can't bread the law and still call yourself a model citizen or Christian.

You will have to pay a penalty if found guilty of your sin or crime.

Do you mean civil law?  Or God's law?

IP Logged

Low_pockets
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
I believe Billy Graham said it all in one of his articles some time back.He said he once went out into a field got down on his knees and told God he just could not understand some of the bible.
I recall feeling the same way until i read in Ezekiel i believe it was.I am going back a long ways here.
When God was showing him what would happen in the later days and to write it down Ezekiel told him he didn't understand this.
God then told him the book is sealed and would only be revealed at the time.So people should not be concerned that there are things in the bible they don't understand.
I often wonder if this is what God meant about not adding or taking any thing out of the bible?In other words.when we don't understand,do not add personal opinions.
Any opinions on this?No pun intended.

IP Logged

joe_christian
LNF Speaker

Religious Rights

Reply #8 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Do you mean civil law?  Or God's law?

Both, since God gave the civil law to Moses.

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #9 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I often wonder if this is what God meant about not adding or taking any thing out of the bible?In other words.when we don't understand,do not add personal opinions.
Any opinions on this?No pun intended.

Personal opinions?  I don't count imperfect attempts at interpretation as "personal opinions."  That seems lazy and dismissive to me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › The Law

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News