Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › The Ceremonial Law/The Ten Commandment Covenant
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Ceremonial Law/The Ten Commandment Covenant (Read 11,844 times)
joe_christian
LNF Speaker
*****
Offline

Religious Rights

Posts: 27,973
Joined: Feb 22nd, 2006
Gender: Male
Re: The Ceremonial Law/The Ten Commandment Covenan
Reply #50 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So then you reject part of the Bible.  Too bad. Undecided

You reject the bulk of the Bible including God's law.  Too bad.

How about God's creation?  Do you believe in His six-day creation or are you one of those Christians who feels bound to accommodate the millions of years which mathematicians concoct in their day-dreams?

  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
joe_christian
LNF Speaker
*****
Offline

Religious Rights

Posts: 27,973
Joined: Feb 22nd, 2006
Gender: Male
Re: The Ceremonial Law/The Ten Commandment Covenan
Reply #51 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Again, it was never God's intention for us to be just law-abiding.

God's law and God's love are the same thing.

If you love Him you abide by His Word.

If you keep His laws it is a sign that you love Him.

Jesus condemned the Pharisees for not keeping the law.

Do you think that the Lord Jesus wants us to break it?

He said: "If you love me, keep my commandments."

If Jesus is Lord of lords, is Jesus not also the Lord of Moses?

  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker
*****
Offline

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Posts: 43,785
Joined: Aug 7th, 2004
Gender: Male
Re: The Ceremonial Law/The Ten Commandment Covenan
Reply #52 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 11:27am
Print Post  
joe_christian wrote on Oct 31st, 2008 at 11:44pm:
You reject the bulk of the Bible including God's law.  Too bad.

How about God's creation?  Do you believe in His six-day creation or are you one of those Christians who feels bound to accommodate the millions of years which mathematicians concoct in their day-dreams?



I don't reject any of the Bible.  It's quite clear, however, that not every command in the Bible is normative for all people for all time.  Do you think that every command is?
  

Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker
*****
Offline

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Posts: 43,785
Joined: Aug 7th, 2004
Gender: Male
Re: The Ceremonial Law/The Ten Commandment Covenan
Reply #53 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 11:29am
Print Post  
joe_christian wrote on Oct 31st, 2008 at 11:58pm:
God's law and God's love are the same thing.

If you love Him you abide by His Word.

If you keep His laws it is a sign that you love Him.

Jesus condemned the Pharisees for not keeping the law.

Do you think that the Lord Jesus wants us to break it?

He said: "If you love me, keep my commandments."

If Jesus is Lord of lords, is Jesus not also the Lord of Moses?



Again, you're confusing "God's law" with Mosaic law.  They're not necessarily interchangeable as the Mosaic law was for specific people at a specific time.

The Bible says "God is love."  It doesn't say "God is law."
  

Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
joe_christian
LNF Speaker
*****
Offline

Religious Rights

Posts: 27,973
Joined: Feb 22nd, 2006
Gender: Male
Re: The Ceremonial Law/The Ten Commandment Covenan
Reply #54 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I don't reject any of the Bible.  It's quite clear, however, that not every command in the Bible is normative for all people for all time.  Do you think that every command is?

Quite clear to who?  Did you get that clarity from the Bible?

Who are we to say what is normative for anyone at any time?

God is normative.   Man changes like a reed bending with the wind.

The argument that God's rule over the world ended with the crucifixion of Jesus is a modern-day heresy and you know where heretics end up.

When Jewish, Islamic and Christian people allow unrepentent sinners such as atheistic and anti-theistic politicians to rule over them, God's judgment on them is not long in coming.

  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker
*****
Offline

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Posts: 43,785
Joined: Aug 7th, 2004
Gender: Male
Re: The Ceremonial Law/The Ten Commandment Covenan
Reply #55 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
joe_christian wrote on Nov 1st, 2008 at 7:05pm:
Quite clear to who?  Did you get that clarity from the Bible?


Very clear.  Surely you don't mean that every command in the Bible is for everyone for all time?

Quote:
When Jewish, Islamic and Christian people allow unrepentent sinners such as atheistic and anti-theistic politicians to rule over them, God's judgment on them is not long in coming.


You are arrogant.  The Bible says that God is the one who sets governments in place.  We don't "allow" people to rule us.

The early Christians didn't "allow" Rome to rule, to persecute Christians, to destroy the Temple, etc.
  

Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
joe_christian
LNF Speaker
*****
Offline

Religious Rights

Posts: 27,973
Joined: Feb 22nd, 2006
Gender: Male
Re: The Ceremonial Law/The Ten Commandment Covenan
Reply #56 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Again, you're confusing "God's law" with Mosaic law.

One cannot separate God's law from Mosaic law.  Moses, Jesus and Paul didn't.

The sacrificial laws have obviously been fulfilled by Christ but neither one jot or tittle of the law shall pass away until all is fulfilled.

Quote:
They're not necessarily interchangeable as the Mosaic law was for specific people at a specific time.

That is just a modern day heresy.  God's laws are for the benefit and protection of His people at all time.

When Christians and Jews abandon God's law they end up getting persecuted by Nazi, communist and Islamic laws.

Modern man just likes to make up his own law since he is condemned by God's.

Do you think man's law is interchangable with God's?

Quote:
The Bible says "God is love."  It doesn't say "God is law."

Love rules then, and the law is the rule of love.

You don't want everyone following Satan's temptations and seductions, do you?

  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
joe_christian
LNF Speaker
*****
Offline

Religious Rights

Posts: 27,973
Joined: Feb 22nd, 2006
Gender: Male
Re: The Ceremonial Law/The Ten Commandment Covenan
Reply #57 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Very clear.  Surely you don't mean that every command in the Bible is for everyone for all time?

Why not.  Has God changed?

I thought He was the same yesterday, today and forever.

Quote:
You are arrogant.

I notice that you like to slip in perjoratives from time to time.

Shall I also call your views arrogant and perverted?

Quote:
The Bible says that God is the one who sets governments in place.

Only for the purpose of applying His law.

Quote:
We don't "allow" people to rule us.

Guess you never heard of rule with the consent of the governed.

Quote:
The early Christians didn't "allow" Rome to rule, to persecute Christians, to destroy the Temple, etc.

They were living under Caesar's dictatorship.

Is that what you want for Christians?

  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker
*****
Offline

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Posts: 43,785
Joined: Aug 7th, 2004
Gender: Male
Re: The Ceremonial Law/The Ten Commandment Covenan
Reply #58 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
joe_christian wrote on Nov 1st, 2008 at 7:55pm:
One cannot separate God's law from Mosaic law.  Moses, Jesus and Paul didn't.


Wrong.  To say so you run into so many problems, namely:

1)  That everyone in the world is under the same covenant; which is clearly not the case if you read the Old Testament
2)  That all the law applies, including laws that people who say this kind of thing obviously don't keep, like dietary laws, etc.
3)  You have to specifically ignore quite clear parts of the Bible, like Galatians.

Quote:
The sacrificial laws have obviously been fulfilled by Christ but neither one jot or tittle of the law shall pass away until all is fulfilled.


How about dietary laws and laws about clothing?

Quote:
That is just a modern day heresy.  God's laws are for the benefit and protection of His people at all time.

When Christians and Jews abandon God's law they end up getting persecuted by Nazi, communist and Islamic laws.

Modern man just likes to make up his own law since he is condemned by God's.


It's not a "modern day heresy."  It's in the Bible.  You really should pick it up and read it instead of Rushdoony.  It's a plain as day.  Acts 15,  Galatians, Romans.  Those are all in the Bible.

Quote:
Do you think man's law is interchangable with God's?


Nope.

Quote:
Love rules then, and the law is the rule of love.


Sure.  That would be an acceptable "compromise" for me.  Except it's not a compromise.  It's a higher standard and one espoused by Christ and Paul.

Quote:
You don't want everyone following Satan's temptations and seductions, do you?


Relevance?  Laws have no benefit towards holiness.  That's in the Bible.
  

Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker
*****
Offline

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Posts: 43,785
Joined: Aug 7th, 2004
Gender: Male
Re: The Ceremonial Law/The Ten Commandment Covenan
Reply #59 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
joe_christian wrote on Nov 1st, 2008 at 8:05pm:
Why not.  Has God changed?

I thought He was the same yesterday, today and forever.


How about simple "yes" or "no"?  Do you believe that all the commands in the Bible are for all people and for all time?

Quote:
I notice that you like to slip in perjoratives from time to time.

Shall I also call your views arrogant and perverted?


You twist scripture.  That is perverse.  You would place yourself over rulers that God has put in place.  That is arrogant.

You imply that I'm a heretic.  Why don't you show how without ignoring the Bible?

Quote:
Only for the purpose of applying His law.


And yet that is written in the context of a pagan ruler who persecuted Christians.  Seems you have no support for that point.

Quote:
Guess you never heard of rule with the consent of the governed.


Yes, I've heard of it.  I'm not sure God is so concerned about the consent of the governed.  Do you think he is?

Quote:
They were living under Caesar's dictatorship.

Is that what you want for Christians?


This is the crux of it, isn't it?  What does it matter what I want and what you want?
  

Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
Send TopicPrint
 
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › The Ceremonial Law/The Ten Commandment Covenant

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room





Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll
News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules