Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › The Day of Judgment
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic The Day of Judgment (Read 1,653 times)
sherha
LNF Staffer2

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

The Day of Judgment
Nov 6th, 2008 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Jesus said, "He that rejecteth Me and receiveth not My words, hath one that judgeth him:THE WORD THAT I HAVE SPOKEN, THE SAME SHALL JUDGE HIM IN THE LAST DAY." John 12:48

Paul wrote, "For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and AS MANY AS HAVE SINNED IN THE LAW SHALL BE JUDGED BY THE LAW; For not the hearers of law are just before God, BUT THE DOERS OF THE LAW SHALL BE JUSTIFIED." Rom 2:12,13

His Word/His law will judge each one of us.  Do you want His Word/Law to judge you, or, to hear Him say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant?"

Jesus said, "Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord,Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, BUT HE THAT DOETH THE WILL OF MY FATHER, WHICH IS IN HEAVEN.

MANY will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name?  and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity." (lawlessness) Mt 7:21-23

"And hereby we do know that we know Him, IF we keep His commandments: He that saith, I KNOW HIM and keepeth not His commandments, is a LIAR and the Truth is not in Him.  BUT WHOSO KEEPETH HIS WORD, IN HIM VERILY IS THE LOVE OF GOD PERFECTED: hereby we do know that we are in Him. He that saith, he abideth in Him ought himself also so to walk, even as He walked." 1 John 2:3-6.

Do you obey the fourth commandment?

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Re: The Day of Judgment
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
That's what all that was about?  The fourth commandment?

Saturday?

How about the specific context of that commandment of the Mosaic Covenant?

Colossians 2:16-17 - "Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath dayThese are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ"

Is that in your Bible?  If so, do you ignore it?  Believe it?  Or explain it away?  If you explain it away, how?

IP Logged

sherha
LNF Staffer2

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
You are referring to the Ceremonial law - the Sabbath Feast Days that were fulfilled at the cross. As I pointed out in the "Ceremonial Law," He was our Passover Lamb, He was without sin (Unleavened Bread), He "tabernacled among us." (Tabernacles)
The Ten Commandment Covenant endures...

In Mat 24:20 Jesus prophesied, that, the Sabbath would, still, be kept during The Great Tribulation, and we are not there, yet.

Isaiah prophesied, that, God's people will keep the Sabbath in His kingdom:

"For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before Me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.  And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before Me, saith the Lord." Isa 66:22,23.

Our Creator sanctified and blessed the Sabbath day at Creation - long before there was a Jewish nation.

"And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made.  AND GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY, AND SANCTIFIED IT: because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made." Gen 2:2,3

Then He made it part of His law:  "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.Six days shalt thou labour and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God...For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: WHEREFORE THE LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH DAY AND HALLOWED IT." Ex 20:8-11.

When He repeats in Scripture, it is for emphasis.

A sign of The Antichrist is "...he thinks to change times and laws." Dan 7:25.  He, only, "thinks to change," because no man/insititution can over-rule our Creator and change His law.

There is, only, one time in His Covenant - the Sabbath.

Jesus referred to Himself as "The Lord of The Sabbath." Mt 12:8;Mk 2:28;Lu 6:5.

The fourth commandment is just that - a commandment.

Dr. Edward T. Hiscox, author of The Baptist Manual, before a New York Ministers' Conference, held Nov 13, 1893, said, "There was and is a commandment to keep holy the Sabbath day, but that Sabbath day was not Sunday.  It will be said, and with some show of triumph, that the Sabbath was transferred from the seventh to the first day of the week, with all it's duties, privleges and sanctions.  Earnestly desiring information on this subject, which I have studied for many years, I ask, Where can the record of such a transaction be found?  Not in the New Testament, absolutely not. There is no Scriptural evidence of the change of the Sabbath institution from the seventh to the first day of the week.

"Of course," he continues,"I quite well know that Sunday did come into use in early Christian history as a religious day, as we learn from the Christian fathers, and other sources.  But what a pity that it comes with the mark of Paganism, and christened with the name of the sun god, when adopted and sanctioned by the papal apostasy, and bequeathed as a sacred legacy to Protestantism!"

What is "The Everlasting Gospel that is to go to the whole earth?

"And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue and people.

Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to Him; for the hour of His judgment is come: AND WORSHIP HIM THAT MADE HEAVEN, AND EARTH, AND THE SEA, AND THE FOUNTAINS OF WATER." Rev 14:6,7

How do we honor our Creator?  By keeping the day, that, He sanctified and blessed holy.

The Jew added hundreds of rules and regulations to the keeping of the Sabbath.  (Tradition) Jesus did not defer to them, yet, He kept the law, perfectly.

How did Jesus keep the Sabbath?  By worshiping the Father and meeting human need.
« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2008 at 7:31pm by sherha »  

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
sherha, you completely ignored my post.

How about, instead just posting more, you  respond to the questions and maybe we can discuss?

The issue was not about "Saturday" vs. "Sunday" at all...

Besides which, I was not referring to the "Ceremonial law."  I think I already pointed out in another one of your threads the point that you ignored:  All the law was covanental.  Any delineation into "ceremonial" vs. "civil" or "moral" is anachronistic and arbitrary.

So what about what Paul says in Colossians?  How do you interpret that?

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #4 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Quote:
sherha, you completely ignored my post.
So what about what Paul says in Colossians?  How do you interpret that?

Let me guess. She's gonna say that text is talking about the ceremonial Sabbaths but not
the seventh day Sabbath of the ten commandments.

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #5 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Quote:
Let me guess. She's gonna say that text is talking about the ceremonial Sabbaths but not

Ah...

IP Logged

jeff
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:

that's a generous assumption.

my guess is that she won't respond at all.   Undecided

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #7 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Quote:
that's a generous assumption.