Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Can Obama call himself a Christian?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Can Obama call himself a Christian? (Read 26,450 times)
IMPEACH BARACK OBAMA
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Can Obama call himself a Christian?
Nov 20th, 2008 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
This was an interview by Christianity Today with Barack Obama.

http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ctpolitics/2008/11/obamas_fascinat.html

When you read the different responses from Barack Obama, you begin to seriously have doubts about his "relationship" with Jesus Christ.

Quote:
FALSANI: Whoís Jesus to you? (Obama laughs nervously)

OBAMA: Right. Jesus is an historical figure for me, and heís also a bridge between God and man, in the Christian faith, and one that I think is powerful precisely because he serves as that means of us reaching something higher. And heís also a wonderful teacher. I think itís important for all of us, of whatever faith, to have teachers in the flesh and also teachers in history

So where is the remark, "He's my Lord and Savior?"

Quote:
FALSANI: What is sin?

OBAMA: Being out of alignment with my values.

FALSANI: What happens if you have sin in your life?

OBAMA: I think itís the same thing as the question about heaven. In the same way that if Iím true to myself and my faith that that is its own reward, when Iím not true to it, itís its own punishment

Is this guy clueless? Has he ever opened up the Bible?

Quote:
Obama: ÖThereís the belief, certainly in some quarters, that people havenít embraced Jesus Christ as their personal savior that theyíre going to hell.

FALSANI: You donít believe that?

OBAMA: I find it hard to believe that my God would consign four-fifths of the world to hell

He definitely has not read the Bible.

Quote:
FALSANI: Do you believe in heaven?

OBAMA: Do I believe in the harps and clouds and wings?

FALSANI: A place spiritually you go to after you die?

OBAMA: What I believe in is that if I live my life as well as I can, that I will be rewarded. I donít presume to have knowledge of what happens after I die. But I feel very strongly that whether the reward is in the here and now or in the hereafter, the aligning myself to my faith and my values is a good thing

That man thinks doing good works will get him to heaven. Is this what Reverand Wright taught? It's definitely wrong.

Quote:
I believe that there are many paths to the same place, and that is a belief that there is a higher power, a belief that we are connected as a people

Definitely not biblical.

Quote:
Did you actually go up for an altar call?

OBAMA:
Yes. Absolutely.

It was a daytime service, during a daytime service. And it was a powerful moment. Because, it was powerful for me because it not only confirmed my faith, it not only gave shape to my faith, but I think, also, allowed me to connect the work I had been pursuing with my faith.

FALSANI:
How long ago?

OBAMA:
16, 17 years ago. 1987 or 88.

FALSANI:
So you got yourself born again?

OBAMA:
Yeah, although I don't, I retain from my childhood and my experiences growing up a suspicion of dogma. And I'm not somebody who is always comfortable with language that implies I've got a monopoly on the truth, or that my faith is automatically transferable to others.

What's missing is his confession as being a sinner. There again, he has a convaluted definition for sin. But no where did he say he asked for forgiveness.

Quote:
FALSANI:
Can we go back to that morning service in 1987 or 88 -- when you have a moment that you can go back to that as an epiphany...

OBAMA:
It wasn't an epiphany.

It was much more of a gradual process for me. I know there are some people who fall out. Which is wonderful. God bless them. For me it was probably because there is a certain self-consciousness that I possess as somebody with probably too much book learning, and also a very polyglot background.

FALSANI:
It wasn't like a moment where you finally got it? It was a symbol of that decision?

OBAMA:
Exactly. I think it was just a moment to certify or publicly affirm a growing faith in me

Yup, he really never got it.

Quote:
FALSANI:
Do you pray often?

OBAMA:
Uh, yeah, I guess I do

Now there's a prayer warrior for you. Roll Eyes But of course not. He never got it.

IP Logged

Bert #49
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

I can't play the cello

Re: Can Obama call himself a Christian?
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
I thought he was his own religion.

IP Logged

Simkin78
Moderate Caucus

Proud father of four!

Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Can I call myself a superhero and leap from a twenty story building?
The answer to both questions is yes. It's up to other superhero's to decide if I am one when my carcass hits the ground however. Grin

You have the right to do whatever you wish, so long as you do not infringe on the rights of another.&&-Simkins Golden Rule&&&&"A wise man will fear the power of government while keeping a wary eye on his well meaning neighbors who seek to use that power." - Simkin78&&&&

IP Logged

IMPEACH BARACK OBAMA
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Simkin78 wrote on Nov 20th, 2008 at 6:26pm:
Can I call myself a superhero and leap from a twenty story building?
The answer to both questions is yes. It's up to other superhero's to decide if I am one when my carcass hits the ground however. Grin

When we have a thread on superheros, I'll call you.

IP Logged

IMPEACH BARACK OBAMA
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Reply #4 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I thought he was his own religion.

Yup, he's the Messiah. He obviously has decided his own standards. And he sure didn't get it IN the Bible, but OUT OF the Bible.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #5 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Clearly, Obama isn't a Christian.

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

Simkin78
Moderate Caucus

Proud father of four!

Reply #6 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
When we have a thread on superheros, I'll call you.

The point is, anyone can call themselves whatever they'd like. The facts of what they actually are however can be quite different.
Personally, I don't think he can be said to follow all the traditional teachings of Christianity, so he shouldn't lie and tell people he is. His own statements seem to place him as a deist at best, an opportunistic sham at worst.

You have the right to do whatever you wish, so long as you do not infringe on the rights of another.&&-Simkins Golden Rule&&&&"A wise man will fear the power of government while keeping a wary eye on his well meaning neighbors who seek to use that power." - Simkin78&&&&

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #7 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Obama is one of the millions of people who call themselves "Christians," yet have no idea what it even means to be a Christian. Contrary to popular belief, America isn't 80 percent Christian. Far from it. If that were the case, America wouldn't be in the immoral mess it is in today.

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

IMPEACH BARACK OBAMA
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Reply #8 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Simkin78 wrote on Nov 20th, 2008 at 6:34pm:
The point is, anyone can call themselves whatever they'd like. The facts of what they actually are however can be quite different.
Personally, I don't think he can be said to follow all the traditional teachings of Christianity, so he shouldn't lie and tell people he is. His own statements seem to place him as a deist at best, an opportunistic sham at worst.

I forgot the emoticon. Sorry.

I wouldn't go so far as to call him a deist. But I would put him in the same category as a holiday Christian one who goes to church on Christmas and Easter. He said he went every Sunday, but I don't believe he heard much when he went for the 11am service.

IP Logged

Lady_Marva
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
MOI seriously doubts he went to church very much at all, or ever participated in anything. If he had, he'd a played it up big time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Can Obama call himself a Christian?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog