Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Can Obama call himself a Christian?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Can Obama call himself a Christian? (Read 26,453 times)
Mobetta
Ex Member

Re: Can Obama call himself a Christian?
Reply #20 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Nov 20th, 2008 at 7:22pm:
There's no such thing as a "liberal Christian."

Given that those who describe themselves as fundamentalist or biblical inerrantist Christians are in the numerical minority throughout the world, it would seem hundreds of millions and perhaps even billions of devout Christians disagree with you.

IP Logged

Mobetta
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Right. Not only does Obama support abortion but partial birth abortion.
He's no christian.

He supports a right for people to make up their own minds on the subject. That's the only sensible position to take in a religiously pluralistic secular nation. To do otherwise is to advocate theocracy however loosely.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #22 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Given that those who describe themselves as fundamentalist or biblical inerrantist Christians are in the numerical minority throughout the world, it would seem hundreds of millions and perhaps even billions of devout Christians disagree with you.

It doesn't matter. They're wrong.

It's sad to see so many false Christians, like Obama, who are actually humanists. They try to make the God conform to what they want Him to be. It just shows how stupid man really is.

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

Mobetta
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Nov 20th, 2008 at 7:27pm:
It doesn't matter. They're wrong. It's sad to see so many false Christians, like Obama, who are actually humanists. They try to make the God conform to what they want Him to be. It just shows how stupid man really is.

Are you a Biblical inerrantist who strictly follows every scriptural command of God in your life?

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #24 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
That's what Thomas Jefferson said of himself. "You say you are a Calvinist. I am not. I am of a sect by myself, as far as I know." (Letter to Ezra Stiles Ely, June 25, 1819.) His sentiment is cemented even earlier in an 1789 letter to Francis Hopkins, written while Jefferson was still Minister to France, in which he wrote, "I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." All in all being a sect unto himself worked out rather well in Jefferson's case.

Jefferson was definitely not a believer. Doesn't mean he can't be a good leader/administrator.
I read somewhere where Jefferson wrote his own version of the NT in which he left out
anything miraculous or supernatural.

IP Logged

Bert #49
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

I can't play the cello

Reply #25 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
He supports a right for people to make up their own minds on the subject. That's the only sensible position to take in a religiously pluralistic secular nation. To do otherwise is to advocate theocracy however loosely.

Opinion. not fact or really relative to the discusion.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #26 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Matthew 7:13-14:
Quote:
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

Fake Christian Obama:
Quote:
I find it hard to believe that my God would consign four-fifths of the world to hell

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

Mobetta
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
He was definitely not a believer. Doesn't mean he can't be a good leader/administrator.
I read somewhere where Jefferson wrote his own version of the NT in which he left out
anything miraculous or supernatural.

Jefferson did not consider himself a Christian, at least not in any ordinary sense of the day. He did however believe in God, and his writings indicate a belief in or at least the acknowledgement of the existence of a personal God and a Savior. Perhaps like Franklin he was a Deist, and simply graciously acknowledged that the beliefs of others were just as valid as his own; perhaps he was a Christian though certainly a rather odd duck of a Christian.

IP Logged

Barbados_Slim
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Exactly. It's the Taliban approach to religion: "You either think exactly like us or you are infidels doomed to hell!"

But hey, some people can't get past the Middle Ages...

IP Logged

Simkin78
Moderate Caucus

Proud father of four!

Reply #29 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Nov 20th, 2008 at 7:33pm:
Matthew 7:13-14:

Fake Christian Obama:

You're absolutely correct Jas. The teachings of the Bible do not leave a margin for error. It's Gods path, or the path of death.

I think Obama would be better served to admit to himself what he is rather than hijacking the Christian religion for his own gains. My opinion, but there it is.

You have the right to do whatever you wish, so long as you do not infringe on the rights of another.&&-Simkins Golden Rule&&&&"A wise man will fear the power of government while keeping a wary eye on his well meaning neighbors who seek to use that power." - Simkin78&&&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Can Obama call himself a Christian?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog