Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › I hate them with a perfect hatred!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) I hate them with a perfect hatred! (Read 10,921 times)
Triple_R
LNF Representative
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: I hate them with a perfect hatred!
Reply #60 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
really?

i think we overemphasize the opposite, giving lip-service to love.

that's why legalism is pervasive in the church.  unless you're referring to people outside the church.  yes, their demands are for love (though it is unilateral and tends not to be from them... they demand love from the church; definitively it's not love since first they are demanding it and second it's not reciprocal).

finger-pointing and legalism has long been a defining characteristic of the church (and churches).  so i don't think we over-emphasize love at all.

On second thought...

I still think that the church places a great emphasis on God's love, but that it is also legalistic in some ways. It's just that it's frequently legalistic in ways that, honestly, are so silly to me that I don't take it very seriously any more.

The modern church cares more about Harry Potter than it does about negative depictions of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. That pretty much says everything right there - it's a silly sort of legalism that doesn't even impact me any more, and hence I can be overly quick to discount it at times.

One thing that Muslims actually get right, imo - they simply ignore entertainment that says nothing about Islam (accepting fantasy fiction for what it is - fantasy), and only show any concern when Islam clearly enters into the picture.

I think that this sort of "We'll leave you alone if you leave us alone" approach is an effective one.

IP Logged

jeff
Ex Member

Reply #61 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Triple_R wrote on Jan 5th, 2009 at 9:52pm:
The modern church cares more about Harry Potter than it does about negative depictions of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. That pretty much says everything right there - it's a silly sort of legalism that doesn't even impact me any more, and hence I can be overly quick to discount it at times.

i don't think we have to worry too much about the negative depictions of Jesus in the entertainment media until we can reign in the negative depictions of Jesus right here in the church.
then the negative depictions would be laughed off as irony, instead of given assent by so many who have witnessed the negativity of supposed Christians.

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #62 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:
i don't think we have to worry too much about the negative depictions of Jesus in the entertainment media until we can reign in the negative depictions of Jesus right here in the church.
then the negative depictions would be laughed off as irony, instead of given assent by so many who have witnessed the negativity of supposed Christians.

Yep, I'm not too concerned by what unbelievers teach concerning Christ. It's the Church's
job to get it right.

IP Logged

kangkongking
LNF Intern10

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #63 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 4:36am
Print Post  
Gos is benevolent and omnipotent.

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #64 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
kangkongking wrote on Feb 6th, 2009 at 4:36am:
Gos is benevolent and omnipotent.

Yes, omniscient and omnipresent also. Smiley

IP Logged

JDD
LNF Majority Leader

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #65 - Mar 28th, 2009 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:
and the most direct and(1)recent revelation of God to humanity is God Himself in the flesh. (2) and Jesus defines God as love.

(1) Which of course is the same God that authored the OT through the Holy Spirit and His character changes not (yesterday, today and forever) whatever was true about Him in times of old, would still be true today and tomorrow it would seem. Thats one of the attributes I love about God of the Bible, He's trustworthy, very reliable and not whimsical at all.

(2) Yes, although mankind cannot comprehend Gods kind of love and if we could see the whole picture through His eyes and mind we'd see that if God does hate someone or something it would spring from His unfathomable love first and foremost. Many things in Scripture man cannot understand and I contend God's love is one of them, if He hates like Malachi 1:3 seems to indicate that would be another ?

Bible teaches us God chose those whom He saves, yet it also teaches human volition ? It teaches just one God, yet He manifests Himself in three distinct personhoods ? Perhaps Gods type of love/hate correlate in a way that defies human understanding too ?  Huh 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › I hate them with a perfect hatred!

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog