Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Helpful Scriptures on infant deaths / heaven...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Helpful Scriptures on infant deaths / heaven... (Read 1,460 times)
Matthew 4:4
Ex Member

Helpful Scriptures on infant deaths / heaven...
Dec 6th, 2008 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
Do any of you know where I can use scripture to insure those that lost an infant, that they went to be with God.  I realize baptism / born again in the spirit falls under a saving status, however since we're all born of sin, and I know baptism wasn't something being done to infants in the bible. Are they automatically until a certain age, saved too?

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Re: Helpful Scriptures on infant deaths / heaven..
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Do any of you know where I can use scripture to insure those that lost an infant, that they went to be with God. I realize baptism / born again in the spirit falls under a saving status, however since we're all born of sin, and I know baptism wasn't something being done to infants in the bible. Are they automatically until a certain age, saved too?

There is no cut-and-dried "guarantee" in scripture, but there are hints about an "age of accountability."

IP Logged

sister_in_Jesus
LNF Senior Staffer4

Saved by grace

Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Do any of you know where I can use scripture to insure those that lost an infant, that they went to be with God. I realize baptism / born again in the spirit falls under a saving status, however since we're all born of sin, and I know baptism wasn't something being done to infants in the bible. Are they automatically until a certain age, saved too?

What comes to my mind is the story of David and his first baby that was born to Bathsheba. The baby became ill and David pleaded with God and fasted that the baby would not die, but the baby did die on the seventh day. When David found out, he got up from the ground and went and cleaned himself up and ate. When asked why he was acting that way (fasting and weeping while the child was alive and then getting up and eating after the child died), he explained that while the child was alive, he could possible change God's mind but after the child had died - it was in God's hands and there was nothing more David could do, no need to fast any longer because he could not bring the baby back.

Then David made the statement, " I will go to him, but he will not return to me."

David knew one day that he would die and go to where the baby is.
And we know that place was with God.

The story is in 2 Sam 12

The difference you make in others will never be more than the difference Jesus Christ makes in you.

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #3 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
sister_in_Jesus wrote on Dec 6th, 2008 at 6:21pm:
What comes to my mind is the story of David and his first baby that was born to Bathsheba. The baby became ill and David pleaded with God and fasted that the baby would not die, but the baby did die on the seventh day. When David found out, he got up from the ground and went and cleaned himself up and ate. When asked why he was acting that way (fasting and weeping while the child was alive and then getting up and eating after the child died), he explained that while the child was alive, he could possible change God's mind but after the child had died - it was in God's hands and there was nothing more David could do, no need to fast any longer because he could not bring the baby back.

Then David made the statement, " I will go to him, but he will not return to me."

David knew one day that he would die and go to where the baby is.
And we know that place was with God.

The story is in 2 Sam 12

But though David sinned, he was a believer and a prophet. We can't assume that's a blanket statement covering all. Some stressed out Evangelical mothers have killed their young thinking
that this would guarantee their salvation.  Scripture does say we are born in sin and in enmity
against God. I wouldn't dare assume damnation or salvation.

IP Logged

jeff
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:
But though David sinned, he was a believer and a prophet. We can't assume that's a blanket statement covering all. Some stressed out Evangelical mothers have killed their young thinking
that this would guarantee their salvation. Scripture does say we are born in sin and in enmity

hmmmmmm...

IP Logged

sister_in_Jesus
LNF Senior Staffer4

Saved by grace

Reply #5 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:
that this would guarantee their salvation. Scripture does say we are born in sin and in enmity

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Yes, David sinned, and repented and was saved by faith, just as we are today. David knew that he would be with God when he died and that he would see his son again. Those murdering mothers may never see heaven, unless they repent, but I believe those babies are there with Jesus.
Remember what Jesus said about little children when His disciples rebuked the parents who brought the children to Him. He said, Theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Children held a special place in Jesus' heart. He said that only those who become like little children will see the kingdom of God, which makes it pretty clear that little ones are there.
Yes, we are all born into sin. I've raised babies and their sinful nature certainly shows when they pinch, bite and pull hair. Grin but do they realize those things they do are bad? I don't think they do. How can a baby repent of their sin (which is necessary for salvation) when they don't even know they have sinned?

The difference you make in others will never be more than the difference Jesus Christ makes in you.

IP Logged

Matthew 4:4
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 7th, 2008 at 12:01am
Print Post  
sister_in_Jesus wrote on Dec 6th, 2008 at 11:43pm:
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Yes, David sinned, and repented and was saved by faith, just as we are today. David knew that he would be with God when he died and that he would see his son again. Those murdering mothers may never see heaven, unless they repent, but I believe those babies are there with Jesus.
Remember what Jesus said about little children when His disciples rebuked the parents who brought the children to Him. He said, Theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Children held a special place in Jesus' heart. He said that only those who become like little children will see the kingdom of God, which makes it pretty clear that little ones are there.
Yes, we are all born into sin. I've raised babies and their sinful nature certainly shows when they pinch, bite and pull hair. Grin but do they realize those things they do are bad? I don't think they do. How can a baby repent of their sin (which is necessary for salvation) when they don't even know they have sinned?

I agree with you Sister in Jesus.

But God, being rich in mercy, because of his great love with which he loved us, even though we were dead in transgressions, made us alive together with Christ by grace you are saved!

I couldn't see our awesome, loving father subjecting a child or a handicap person to death, if their heart is unable to comprehend what's right and wrong.

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #7 - Dec 7th, 2008 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Well I certainly hope you're right. I wouldn't dare assume it from one or two verses
in the bible. When God sent the Israelites to destroy the nations who's cup of indignation
was full no allowances were made for age group. We are born in sin and enmity with God,
even if we can't express it and practice it as fully when infants.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Helpful Scriptures on infant deaths / heaven...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog