Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Bush Talks of Belief in Both God, Evolution
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Bush Talks of Belief in Both God, Evolution (Read 4,850 times)
Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Re: Bush Talks of Belief in Both God, Evolution
Reply #30 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
His awesome presents.  Throughout each day, when I am in His word or not but giving Him glory in what I do, His presents is near, and at times, so close I literally fall to my knees in worship.  I at times have questions about all kinds of things, and He answers most of them. Now the questions themselves can't be silly, heart related emotions.  He has transformed my life over the last 2-3 years, that everyone in my life is amazed or running away at full speed, and it's awesomely exciting to know He has a love for me, whom I personally would hate.    

You don't see that literally.  You don't "see" God's presence with your eyes.  So you have drawn a line somewhere in your biblical interpretation between "literal" and "figurative" even though the passage doesn't say the passage is not to be taken literally.

In fact, when the Bible says "God is my rock" or "God is my fortress" it doesn't say that it's figurative.  We have to know that it's figurative.  These are always interpretive lines that are not in the text itself.

Let me give you another example:  What about "binding and loosing"?  Does that mean if I tie up my dog in my backyard, my dog will be tied up in heaven?  Or do we understand that figuratively?  Does it say in the text that it is to be understood figuratively?  And what does that mean, anyway?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Bush Talks of Belief in Both God, Evolution

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog