Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › May a " Christian " Forum take not care of ...
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) May a " Christian " Forum take not care of ... (Read 5,029 times)
Antibb
LNF Senior Staffer2

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

May a " Christian " Forum take not care of ...
Apr 7th, 2009 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
... a disastrous earthquake occurred in Italy ( L'Aquila, Abruzzo, 100 km far from Rome )
in which more than 300 people have died?  What does this "Christianity" consist of ( please, before attempting pathetic answers read ATTENTIVELY gospel!).  Sad

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Re: May a " Christian " Forum take not care of ...
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Antibb wrote on Apr 7th, 2009 at 6:28pm:
... a disastrous earthquake occurred in Italy ( L'Aquila, Abruzzo, 100 km far from Rome )
in which more than 300 people have died?  What does this "Christianity" consist of ( please, before attempting pathetic answers read ATTENTIVELY gospel!).  Sad

Um...what were you expecting?

IP Logged

jeff
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Antibb wrote on Apr 7th, 2009 at 6:28pm:
in which more than 300 people have died?  What does this "Christianity" consist of ( please, before attempting pathetic answers read ATTENTIVELY gospel!).  Sad

i'm not sure, but it seems like you're blaming Christianity for the earthquake.   Huh

IP Logged

Antibb
LNF Senior Staffer2

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2009 at 6:35am
Print Post  
Quote:
i'm not sure, but it seems like you're blaming Christianity for the earthquake.   Huh

Certainly you're not sure ... I mean that you are ... SURELY uncertain. The truth is that America lives on a cloud and doesn't give a damn of what happens around the world, in spite of whom is  in trouble! Thank goodness that there's Obama, a very good president!
However, we can easily rebuild our towns and village by ourselves. We certainly don't beg. I only regret the absolute absence of solidarity. Saint Benedict said: " Ora et labora ".
I think that there are perhaps  too many " christians " fixed in prayer ( " ora " ) but oblivious of the second precept ( " labora " ), or that's the same, of the second commandment " Love your neighbour like you love yourself! ".

IP Logged

IMPEACH BARACK OBAMA
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2009 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Antibb wrote on Apr 8th, 2009 at 6:35am:
Certainly you're not sure ... I mean that you are ... SURELY uncertain. The truth is that America lives on a cloud and doesn't give a damn of what happens around the world, in spite of whom is  in trouble! Thank goodness that there's Obama, a very good president!
However, we can easily rebuild our towns and village by ourselves. We certainly don't beg. I only regret the absolute absence of solidarity. Saint Benedict said: " Ora et labora ".
I think that there are perhaps  too many " christians " fixed in prayer ( " ora " ) but oblivious of the second precept ( " labora " ), or that's the same, of the second commandment " Love your neighbour like you love yourself! ".

What the pray tell does this have to do with earthquakes. Seems like you're in the wrong forum, pal. You're making this political instead of religiously or Christian based.

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Reply #5 - Apr 8th, 2009 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Certainly you're not sure ... I mean that you are ... SURELY uncertain. The truth is that America lives on a cloud and doesn't give a damn of what happens around the world, in spite of whom is  in trouble! Thank goodness that there's Obama, a very good president!
I think that there are perhaps  too many " christians " fixed in prayer ( " ora " ) but oblivious of the second precept ( " labora " ), or that's the same, of the second commandment " Love your neighbour like you love yourself! ".

Okay...now I really don't get it.  What does this have to do with Christians posting on Liberty News Forum?

You were expecting a bunch of people posting, "Hey!  I'm packing my bags to go to Italy to rebuild!"?

IP Logged

jeff
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 8th, 2009 at 5:22pm
Print Post  

so people are supposed to leave their families and local responsibilities, taking care of elderly parents, children, neighbors, and hop on a plane to move rocks off of a crushed city?

wouldn't that be like neglecting and forsaking the important to take care of the immediate?

IP Logged

jeff
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 8th, 2009 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
of course it's easy to throw stones when you hide behind your computer screen and don't know what people do in the real world.  it's easy to criticize.

how many other countries jumped to help when Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans?

how many Italian doctors are involved with Doctors Without Borders?

how many Dentists with Dentists Without Borders?

but the bottom line is you don't know what people on the forum are doing in the real world.  and you can't reasonably know.  the dilemma is that if people tell, they are either bragging or they will be accused of lying (and again can't prove what they do because it's the internet!!).

so what you need to ask yourself is what are you doing?  what are you doing when times are good for you?  what are you doing when times are bad for you?
i'm not looking for answers from you; i just want you to answer it for yourself.   Huh

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #8 - Apr 8th, 2009 at 7:39pm
Print Post  

Last night, when I ate a slice of pizza, it made me think of Italy and their earthquake. I almost shed a tear. Then I realized it was from the onions.

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

Antibb
LNF Senior Staffer2

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #9 - Apr 8th, 2009 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Apr 8th, 2009 at 7:39pm:
Last night, when I ate a slice of pizza, it made me think of Italy and their earthquake. I almost shed a tear. Then I realized it was from the onions.

Congratulations for your uncouthness!! It's unusual to meet people with such a kind of xxxskin! Wink
P. S. I guess that you're a real " christian ", too! Now turn the other cheek like Saint Francis of Assisi ( not far from l'Aquila ) if you are consistent!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › May a " Christian " Forum take not care of ...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog