Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Love Dare/Fireproof
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Love Dare/Fireproof (Read 801 times)
Solars Toy
Ex Member

Love Dare/Fireproof
Apr 8th, 2009 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
I just recently watched the movie Fireproof.  I remembered a few months ago this being out and I never made it to the theater.  I did enjoy the movie and following the frustrations of both characters really touched me.  It didn't hurt that they had music by "Casting Crowns" (Slow Fade - an excellant song).  Just prior to renting the movie I bought the book the "Love Dare". Feeling quite sure of myself and my relationship with my mate I felt this would be an easy task.  I have learned that some days I can complete the dare and others I fail miserably.  I am on day 9 - love makes good impressions....  It was simple greet your spouse with a smile and reflect your love to them.....I instead was over focused on what I "needed" to get done when I got home.  I yelled at the dog and my mates simple need to be greeted with love and enthusiasm was not top on the list.

So my question is - Has anyone else tried this? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Re: Love Dare/Fireproof
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2009 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Quote:
I just recently watched the movie Fireproof.  I remembered a few months ago this being out and I never made it to the theater.  I did enjoy the movie and following the frustrations of both characters really touched me.  It didn't hurt that they had music by "Casting Crowns" (Slow Fade - an excellant song).  Just prior to renting the movie I bought the book the "Love Dare". Feeling quite sure of myself and my relationship with my mate I felt this would be an easy task.  I have learned that some days I can complete the dare and others I fail miserably.  I am on day 9 - love makes good impressions....  It was simple greet your spouse with a smile and reflect your love to them.....I instead was over focused on what I "needed" to get done when I got home.  I yelled at the dog and my mates simple need to be greeted with love and enthusiasm was not top on the list.

So my question is - Has anyone else tried this? Roll Eyes

No, I have a friend that is doing it and tracking her progress on facebook.

It's funny (or not)...the movie played in theaters in the U.S.  The major cinema chain in Canada refused to air it (probably because it's "religious").  A local Christian radio station bought the rights to show it and played it in multiple churches.  Cost a lot of money but I think they may have made their money back because most or all of the showings were packed out.

Then it came out on video and the video stores couldn't keep it on the shelf...

IP Logged

Solars Toy
Ex Member

Re: Love Dare/Fireproof
Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2009 at 10:20am
Print Post  
I will have to look it up.  I have friends who are now curious to try.  I actually intend to buy the movie.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Love Dare/Fireproof

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News