Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereCooking, Crafts, Home Decorating › - what do you bake for Christmas?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) - what do you bake for Christmas? (Read 7,257 times)
walkstall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus
LNF Bunker

WYSIWYG

Re: - what do you bake for Christmas?
Reply #20 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 3:53pm
Print Post  

HOT FUDGE PUDDING CAKE

1-1/4     Cup Sugar

1           Cup Flour

7           Tablespoons Hershey's Cocoa

2           Teaspoons Baking Power

1/4        Teaspoon Salt

1/2         Cup Milk

1/3         Cup Butte, Melted

1-1/2      Teaspoon Vanilla

1/2          Cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed

1-1/4       Cup Hot Water

In medium mixing bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, 2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt.

Blend in milk, melted butter and vanilla, the beat until smooth.  Pour batter into square pan 8 x 8 as long as it is deeper than 2 inches. 

In small bowl combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar and remaining 4 tablespoons cocoa.   Sprinkle mixture evenly over batter.  Pour the 1-1/4 cup of hot water the top of all this.  DO NOT STIR   Bake @ 350 for 40 minutes or until center of cake is set.  Serve with ice cream on the side if you like. 

If you double the recipe, use a 13 x 9 inch cake pan and bake @ 350 for 1 hr or until center of cake is set.   

Please remember this is very rich, so a little will go a long ways.

IP Logged

Book_Worm
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Dec 5th, 2010 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm a cake decorator, but I don't bake....my mom however, she makes a very yummy jello cake ~ it's so easy to make and perfect for Christmas...All you have to do is make a white sheet cake from a box mix....then you make some cherry jello and some lime jello....once your cake is done, you poke a bunch of holes in it using a chopstick,....then you pour the red jello in some of the holes and the green jello in some of the holes.....you ice it with cool whip and let it stay in the fridge until the jello hardens...you can use red gum drops and green gummy leaves as holly to decorate the top of the cake ~ here is one done in a double layer round Smiley http://victoriabelanger.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/jello-poke-cake1.jpg

You need to  shrink that photo big time!!!

IP Logged

Book_Worm
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Dec 5th, 2010 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm a cake decorator, but I don't bake....my mom however, she makes a very yummy jello cake ~ it's so easy to make and perfect for Christmas...All you have to do is make a white sheet cake from a box mix....then you make some cherry jello and some lime jello....once your cake is done, you poke a bunch of holes in it using a chopstick,....then you pour the red jello in some of the holes and the green jello in some of the holes.....you ice it with cool whip and let it stay in the fridge until the jello hardens...you can use red gum drops and green gummy leaves as holly to decorate the top of the cake ~ here is one done in a double layer round Smiley http://victoriabelanger.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/jello-poke-cake1.jpg

I looked at your mom's site and thought it was great. I like the oreo jello one the best.

IP Logged

Bert #49
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

I can't play the cello

Reply #23 - Jan 5th, 2011 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
This year I did not bake. But my mom-in-law gave me a bread maker for Christmas. I may have found my calling.

IP Logged

LadyBug
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Jan 6th, 2011 at 8:25am
Print Post  
Quote:

I did that with an angel food cake many years ago! It was a tip I read somewhere.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereCooking, Crafts, Home Decorating › - what do you bake for Christmas?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog