Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereThe Writer's Croft - Creative Writing Corner › A Vignette
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) A Vignette (Read 4,204 times)
Ken N.
Ex Member

Re: A Vignette
Reply #10 - Dec 19th, 2010 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What writing ability?

Oooooooooh, I have a stalker! I feel like a celebrity now! Cool

IP Logged

Book_Worm
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Dec 19th, 2010 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What writing ability?

Of course if he had told us in advance that this was a background for some stupid vampire piece....Iwould have told him that vampire books have been overdone to death and he should just do a war story....which is timeless. But he expected us to read his mind...once more.

Hey, wu....tellme....you were miltary right? Did you call your fellow soldiers by first name or last? My dad always called people by last name. That's the only quirky thing about the scene...which is otherwise good.

IP Logged

Mercy For All
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Reply #12 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Quote:
That's pretty much it - an up or down comment on the central idea rather than a compliment on my writing ability.

Yup, definitely an up.  This is one of those good ideas that seems obvious after the fact---why hasn't anybody done this as the central element to a story before?

IP Logged

Ken N.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Quote:
Yup, definitely an up.  This is one of those good ideas that seems obvious after the fact---why hasn't anybody done this as the central element to a story before?

I don't know. Maybe it's because vampires are traditionally seen as being extremely secretive, so that the last place anyone pictures them choosing to be is in the open, putting themselves between masses of armed men.

IP Logged

Mercy For All
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #14 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Quote:
I don't know. Maybe it's because vampires are traditionally seen as being extremely secretive, so that the last place anyone pictures them choosing to be is in the open, putting themselves between masses of armed men.

There is a small bit in the latest Twilight movie that takes place during the civil war, but again, it's parenthetical.

IP Logged

Ken N.
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
There is a small bit in the latest Twilight movie that takes place during the civil war, but again, it's parenthetical.

Twilight - ugh!! What a waste of film. It was awful.

But tell me, please: what do you think of the idea I outlined above, concerning child-vampires? Yes, I know it's extemely unpalatable in a social sense; but the question is, does it work??

IP Logged

Mercy For All
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #16 - Dec 21st, 2010 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Quote:
Twilight - ugh!! What a waste of film. It was awful.

Yup.

Quote:
But tell me, please: what do you think of the idea I outlined above, concerning child-vampires? Yes, I know it's extemely unpalatable in a social sense; but the question is, does it work??

Yes, that was exactly my reaction.  Totally unpalatable in a social sense (although it's amazing how much shock value can sell), but it would work in terms of motivation for a story.  Actually, maybe it wouldn't be that unpalatable, since there would be a moral retribution going on...

IP Logged

Ken N.
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Dec 21st, 2010 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yes, that was exactly my reaction.  Totally unpalatable in a social sense (although it's amazing how much shock value can sell), but it would work in terms of motivation for a story.  Actually, maybe it wouldn't be that unpalatable, since there would be a moral retribution going on...

Yes, that was my thought. By using pedophiles as prey (the way "The Wolfen" used homeless people, in the old Whitley Strieber novel) as well as servants, the child-vampire imposes an ironic payback on them, confronting them with a "victim" who's anything but helpless before them.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereThe Writer's Croft - Creative Writing Corner › A Vignette

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog