Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereSports Forum › Your favorite sports memory...
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Your favorite sports memory... (Read 3,470 times)
Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Your favorite sports memory...
Jun 23rd, 2011 at 2:37am
Print Post  
What is your favorite sports memory....as a participant?

Was it that game-winning shot you made in high school?

Bowling a perfect game?

Getting a hole in one?

That three-touchdown game that led Polk High to the championship?

Or simply playing catch at the park with Dad?

Please share!

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

Taxed McIlroy
Ex Member

Re: Your favorite sports memory...
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2011 at 1:55am
Print Post  
I have so many, but 99.999% of them are basketball related, from playing it to watching it.  Basketball is pretty much my life.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2011 at 3:42am
Print Post  
Let's hear an example, Taxed!

As for me, sad to say, I've never partipated in sports, unless you count cheerleading. Growing up, I always thought of myself as unathletic. My two oldest brothers had all the sports genes. Looking back, though, I should have tried out for the volleyball team. I'm pretty good at it, at least defensively. I bet I could have made the team.

Angelina Love with the Botox Injection!

IP Logged

LadyBug
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2011 at 6:16am
Print Post  
Well, I'm about as unathletic as anyone with a reasonably healthy body could be, so I was really pleased with myself about 5 years ago when I took a tennis class and actually learned how to serve and even volley a little!  Grin

IP Logged

Suspicious Trousers
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Funky Claude From Montreux

Reply #4 - Jun 24th, 2011 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
Every basketball game I played.

I started off playing soccer. My dad was a professional soccer player in the UK. He wanted me to play soccer. I tried but just couldn't do it. I was horrible. Really horrible. I gave it up. Found basketball. From 7th grade on my dad was at every game. Most practices and all tournaments.  I was looking at a scholarship to UNLV. I blew my knee towards the end of junior year. For reasons I don't know dad's insurance refused to cover the injury so my dad paid for the surgery and to make sure I was ready for next season my therapists were the same that rehabilitated my idol. Bernard King.

Years later mom told me my dad was really hurt that I gave up soccer and that he really hated basketball.  Yet every time I looked to the stands he was there.

My dad may be gone but I have dozens of memories of him in the bleachers. A simple nod that would say 'do your thing son"

IP Logged

MJ

Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2011 at 1:57am
Print Post  
Any baseball game I played in. I've found that no other activity ever gave me the peace of mind as did playing a game of baseball.

I was never particularly fast, but I was quick on my feet, which allowed me to steal bases fairly easily.

Still, I was only average with a bat, and was much happier just playing defense. I had great ball recognition and an above average arm, so I felt right at home as I patrolled center field. I was sure-handed, which made for good double-play opportunities while I played second base once I moved there from center field after an arm injury that eventually ended my playing days.

Cleek's Law: Today’s conservatism is the opposite of what liberals want today, updated daily.

IP Logged

Taxed McIlroy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 25th, 2011 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jun 24th, 2011 at 3:42am:
Let's hear an example, Taxed!

I guess the first one that stands out was when I got cut from the 6th grade team.  I was pretty upset about that.  I never got to play on the school teams, since my grades where always horrible.

Quote:
As for me, sad to say, I've never partipated in sports, unless you count cheerleading.

Two of my four sisters were cheerleaders...  I know too much about cheerleading, more than any man should know.  "Ready!  OK!..."

Quote:
Growing up, I always thought of myself as unathletic. My two oldest brothers had all the sports genes. Looking back, though, I should have tried out for the volleyball team. I'm pretty good at it, at least defensively. I bet I could have made the team.

Volleyball is such a fun, casual sport.  You can go anywhere and people are playing beach vball.

IP Logged

Taxed McIlroy
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 25th, 2011 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Well, I'm about as unathletic as anyone with a reasonably healthy body could be, so I was really pleased with myself about 5 years ago when I took a tennis class and actually learned how to serve and even volley a little! Grin

That is my next thing... tennis.  It is really big here in Atlanta.  I played enough to enjoy it, but I have horrible fundamentals.  Every time I made the decision to start practicing it, something would happen that stopped me.... it is still on my list though.

IP Logged

Taxed McIlroy
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 25th, 2011 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Every basketball game I played.

I started off playing soccer. My dad was a professional soccer player in the UK. He wanted me to play soccer. I tried but just couldn't do it. I was horrible. Really horrible. I gave it up. Found basketball. From 7th grade on my dad was at every game. Most practices and all tournaments. I was looking at a scholarship to UNLV. I blew my knee towards the end of junior year. For reasons I don't know dad's insurance refused to cover the injury so my dad paid for the surgery and to make sure I was ready for next season my therapists were the same that rehabilitated my idol. Bernard King.

Years later mom told me my dad was really hurt that I gave up soccer and that he really hated basketball. Yet every time I looked to the stands he was there.

My dad may be gone but I have dozens of memories of him in the bleachers. A simple nod that would say 'do your thing son"

Bert!! I didn't know you were into ball like that!!!!

Bernard King was the f*n man!!  One of the deadliest scorers, ever!

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

[i]Latin quote hinting
at my great intellect.[/i]

Reply #9 - Jun 28th, 2011 at 12:13am
Print Post  
I was big as a little kid, but hit my tallest at a young age when everybody else kept growing. But as a kid, and being bigger, I was always playing linebacker or defensive lineman. That was all I knew playing football.

But as I hit high school, I was small, and going to one of the biggest high schools in Ohio, my coaches didn't give me the chances I probably should have got. Certainly, I wasn't going to play defensive lineman in college given my size, but I knew I could play at the high school level.

So after a summer of constant work-outs, I earned a spot my junior season playing first string on the varsity. Nose tackle. And in our first game against Cleveland Glenville, I remember playing with a giant chip on my shoulder, and I remember being a terror on the field. The stats the next day in the local paper had it at 2 sacks and 14 tackles. I never lost the starting spot for the next two years, despite being the smallest guy on the front seven. That game stands out as especially awesome.

If FaceBook memes and twitter accounts can sway elections, then either accept it as the new reality or let's figure out a new form of government. Because democracy is therefore unfit in the modern age.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereSports Forum › Your favorite sports memory...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules