Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › The Beast Revelation
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Beast Revelation (Read 9,018 times)
Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Re: The Beast Revelation
Reply #30 - Oct 2nd, 2011 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
ephraim wrote on Oct 2nd, 2011 at 11:23am:
I never mention Judas in my writings.
I cannot distinguish whether that is a figure of speech, or reality. If it is reality and Satan really entered into him, it makes no difference. Satan had the ability to access the Earth and the people on it. The parable about Jesus being tempted has no relation to Judas. Christ would have been the only one who could have gone to Heaven and came back, because he was God. This issue is of little importance to my writing. The only point I wanted to make is Satan could be anywhere he wanted to be. This is important because many think he cannot be in Heaven, but he must be in order to be cast out. There are some who think he has already been cast out. This is wrong also. Satan cannot be cast out and revealed, until something is removed first. That something is the Holy Spirit which resides in every believer. In other words, Satan cannot be revealed to the people of Earth until after the removal of the Church...Michae1

So...then there really is no justification whatsoever for the idea that Jesus' temptation "must have been in heaven."  It's purely speculation with no practical implications.

IP Logged

ephraim
LNF Staffer1

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #31 - Oct 2nd, 2011 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Mercy For All wrote on Oct 2nd, 2011 at 1:45pm:
So...then there really is no justification whatsoever for the idea that Jesus' temptation "must have been in heaven." It's purely speculation with no practical implications.

I have told you what significance it has to me. It is exactly how parables are figured out. A definition of a word is given in some part of scripture, and then that definition is applied in other areas. I've demonstrated, step by step, how the parable of Rev.13:1 is figured out. The temptation of Christ has all the same looks, in my opinion, as any of the other parables. If you see no significance to my point, then don't worry about it. It means something to me.
Ephraim

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #32 - Oct 2nd, 2011 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
ephraim wrote on Oct 2nd, 2011 at 2:42pm:
I have told you what significance it has to me. It is exactly how parables are figured out. A definition of a word is given in some part of scripture, and then that definition is applied in other areas. I've demonstrated, step by step, how the parable of Rev.13:1 is figured out. The temptation of Christ has all the same looks, in my opinion, as any of the other parables. If you see no significance to my point, then don't worry about it. It means something to me.
Ephraim

Actually, that's not how parables are "figured out."

IP Logged

jeff
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Oct 2nd, 2011 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
ephraim wrote on Oct 2nd, 2011 at 2:42pm:
Ephraim

that's a very messy way and makes almost any parable open to any interpretation.

and maybe that's the  point... anyone can make the Bible mean "anything to them."
if, however, a person is interested in an honest reading of the text, hermeneutics should be applied that look at God's intentional meaning regarding context and what we learn about God throughout Scripture.

it sounds like you're trying to arrive at a systematic understanding of all of Scripture which is most often disastrous.

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #34 - Oct 2nd, 2011 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
it sounds like you're trying to arrive at a systematic understanding of all of Scripture which is most often disastrous.

Even trying to do that with apocalyptic literature is disastrous.

IP Logged

jeff
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Oct 2nd, 2011 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Mercy For All wrote on Oct 2nd, 2011 at 5:23pm:
Even trying to do that with apocalyptic literature is disastrous.

again, the reason is that Scripture wasn't written systematically.  apocalyptic literature is worse in its end result when trying to do it though.  yep.

IP Logged

ephraim
LNF Staffer1

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #36 - Oct 2nd, 2011 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Mercy For All wrote on Oct 2nd, 2011 at 3:02pm:
Actually, that's not how parables are "figured out."

Let's just agree to disagree. The only avenue I have to help you understand how I arrived at my conclusions is to show you the methods used. My whole essay is based on these methods. If you disagree, that is fine. Just say that. I don't mind. An interpretation without the keys to get it would be inadequate. Thanks for your time...Ephraim

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #37 - Oct 2nd, 2011 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
ephraim wrote on Oct 2nd, 2011 at 5:26pm:
Let's just agree to disagree. The only avenue I have to help you understand how I arrived at my conclusions is to show you the methods used. My whole essay is based on these methods. If you disagree, that is fine. Just say that. I don't mind. An interpretation without the keys to get it would be inadequate. Thanks for your time...Ephraim

No problem.  But you have to understand that parables are Jewish literary construct and are interpreted according to Jewish literary rules.  A Jewish parable typically makes one point.  It is usually symbolic but many times the interpretation is obvious.  A Jewish parable is rarely (if ever) esoteric in nature.  This is why Jesus' parables many times angered people; they understood his parables.  The few times Jesus explained his parables, the explanations were simple.

A parable is not an analogy or allegory.  The interpretations are not convoluted; they are simple.

IP Logged

Leonidas
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Oct 3rd, 2011 at 2:13am
Print Post  
Mercy For All wrote on Oct 2nd, 2011 at 9:50pm:
No problem. But you have to understand that parables are Jewish literary construct and are interpreted according to Jewish literary rules. A Jewish parable typically makes one point. It is usually symbolic but many times the interpretation is obvious. A Jewish parable is rarely (if ever) esoteric in nature. This is why Jesus' parables many times angered people; they understood his parables. The few times Jesus explained his parables, the explanations were simple.

A parable is not an analogy or allegory. The interpretations are not convoluted; they are simple.

Is that your personal opinion or do you have something to back it up?

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #39 - Oct 3rd, 2011 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Quote:
Is that your personal opinion or do you have something to back it up?

This is the Christian Forum. If you think I'm wrong, do a little research and start a thread on the Religion Forum.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › The Beast Revelation

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules