Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereCooking, Crafts, Home Decorating › - do you want to decorate your home?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) - do you want to decorate your home? (Read 2,816 times)
admin
LNF Administrator

To contact Admin send
a PM

- do you want to decorate your home?
Jul 19th, 2012 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
?

Welcome to the Liberty News Forum - News and Political Discussion Forum.
IP Logged

Morgan1
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

VOTE FOR ROMNEY-RYAN!

Re: - do you want to decorate your home?
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
I'm renovating my front bath from ceiling to floor tile.

IP Logged

walkstall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus
LNF Bunker

WYSIWYG

Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
admin wrote on Jul 19th, 2012 at 2:25pm:
?

NO!  not again.

IP Logged

Sandy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2012 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Yes. Another of our ideas is to revamp the bathroom in bright pastel-colored tiles, with black basins and tub with bronzed fixtures. We're also going to redo the wraparound in the shower, tiling over it. We haven't decided yet what color to do those tiles in, bone or black, or even some other color like a pale orange or salmon-pink. We do know that we're going to set a mosaic into the tiled wraparound wall, either of a large decorative fish like a Japanese koi (I've worked up some designs for that already), or of a single stem of a flower, such as an iris.

After that, we'll start on the kitchen.

IP Logged

Morgan1
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

VOTE FOR ROMNEY-RYAN!

Reply #4 - Jul 21st, 2012 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yes. Another of our ideas is to revamp the bathroom in bright pastel-colored tiles, with black basins and tub with bronzed fixtures. We're also going to redo the wraparound in the shower, tiling over it. We haven't decided yet what color to do those tiles in, bone or black, or even some other color like a pale orange or salmon-pink. We do know that we're going to set a mosaic into the tiled wraparound wall, either of a large decorative fish like a Japanese koi (I've worked up some designs for that already), or of a single stem of a flower, such as an iris.

After that, we'll start on the kitchen.

Black tiles would be pretty, but what a pain to keep clean.

Btw, it sounds like a cheery bathroom, Sandy. 

IP Logged

Sandy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2012 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Morgan1 wrote on Jul 21st, 2012 at 10:46pm:
Black tiles would be pretty, but what a pain to keep clean.

Btw, it sounds like a cheery bathroom, Sandy. 

Thanks, that the way we intend it: we want it to be a space where you can visually enjoy taking your shower rather than staring at a blank expanse of white. The shower doors already have nice decals on them with a kind of frosted fancy-window design. Those may go in the trash too, as not being quite in the spirit of the new look. Probably we'll replace them with a subdued stained-glass effect.

The tentative plans for the livingroom are even more fun - or crazy, as you prefer. Were thinking of using artificials to transform one entire wall of the livingroom and a good part of the ceiling, into a sort of "untamed jungle" look. The centerpiece would be a single artificial tree trunk going up the wall (made of either a mock-up of the real thing, or created by tying twists of artificial vines, stems, and leaf-and-flower-bearing lengths onto a wire frame, with branches fanning out across the ceiling. At the base of the trunk would be more leafy vines, flowers, and smaller decorative trees and shrubs, spread out along the wall and extending perhaps 2 feet into the room, all of which we'd "contain" within an arc of some sort of fencing, be it white picket or black ironwork.

And on the facing wall of the stairwell landing going up to the second story, I'll paint a sort of European seaside village scene, so that it looks as if you're walking up the stairs and right into a picturesque coastal village.

IP Logged

Morgan1
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

VOTE FOR ROMNEY-RYAN!

Reply #6 - Jul 22nd, 2012 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Thanks, that the way we intend it: we want it to be a space where you can visually enjoy taking your shower rather than staring at a blank expanse of white. The shower doors already have nice decals on them with a kind of frosted fancy-window design. Those may go in the trash too, as not being quite in the spirit of the new look. Probably we'll replace them with a subdued stained-glass effect.

The tentative plans for the livingroom are even more fun - or crazy, as you prefer. Were thinking of using artificials to transform one entire wall of the livingroom and a good part of the ceiling, into a sort of "untamed jungle" look. The centerpiece would be a single artificial tree trunk going up the wall (made of either a mock-up of the real thing, or created by tying twists of artificial vines, stems, and leaf-and-flower-bearing lengths onto a wire frame, with branches fanning out across the ceiling. At the base of the trunk would be more leafy vines, flowers, and smaller decorative trees and shrubs, spread out along the wall and extending perhaps 2 feet into the room, all of which we'd "contain" within an arc of some sort of fencing, be it white picket or black ironwork.

And on the facing wall of the stairwell landing going up to the second story, I'll paint a sort of European seaside village scene, so that it looks as if you're walking up the stairs and right into a picturesque coastal village.

Sounds interesting, but also sounds like a good bit of work.

Take pics and pop them in here when you're done so we may see. Cheesy

IP Logged

Bert #49
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

I can't play the cello

Reply #7 - Jul 22nd, 2012 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
No not again...

IP Logged

Sandy
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 23rd, 2012 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Morgan1 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2012 at 10:11pm:
Sounds interesting, but also sounds like a good bit of work.

Take pics and pop them in here when you're done so we may see. Cheesy

It may be another year before it's finally done. Lots of things on the plate right now.

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Trumpublican

Reply #9 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
I'm in the middle of decorating my new home right now... ~ I just moved in 2 weeks ago and so far Im about half done...thye wont let us paint the walls so that is making it hard to get the look I want  Undecided but Ill figure it out as I live for this kind of stuff  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereCooking, Crafts, Home Decorating › - do you want to decorate your home?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog