Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereCooking, Crafts, Home Decorating › What's Cooking Today?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What's Cooking Today? (Read 15,104 times)
Darwinist
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Is morbian the opposite
of lesbian?

Re: What's Cooking Today?
Reply #60 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I like really spicy foods , to the point that jalapenos barely register with me, unless they're fresh. I've also tried various Habanero sauces, which are awesome. Cool

CL, did I just post a recipe for you!!  Wink

We may have to compare notes: I have hot sauces in my fridge and cupboards that are so insanely fiery they can't even be called "hot sauce" on the label; for legal purposes they're called "food additives." A couple of them I could buy only after signing a waiver stating I understood what I was getting myself into. Wink

IP Logged

Writers_Block
Ex Member

Reply #61 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Darwinist wrote on Dec 21st, 2012 at 12:43pm:
Brats in Pineapple-Cranberry-Habanero Sweet-and-Sour Relish

Ingedients:
Take three neighborhood children - ooh wait, I'm sorry, I meant the other kind of brats - three medium-sized bratwursts - and fry about halfway-through on medium heat!

While that's happening, make the relish:

1/2 can of cranberry sauce (with or without berries, as you prefer)

1/2 can of chunked pineapple (with or without the juice, depending on how sweet you want it)

1-3 Bhut Jolokia Scotch Bonnet/habanero peppers with the stems removed (and the seeds and ribs if you're wimpy - or if you're wimpier still, use orange habaneros from the grocery store, Thai dragons, serranos, jalapenos, chipotles, or hot ancho peppers - lower Scovilles than that and there's just no point - Note: all these peppers will impart a slightly different flavor: habaneros have a light, sweet fruity flavor [behind all that heat] while jalapenos and anchos taste "green" i.e. like a vegetable)

3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar

Combine ingredients (not including the cans the cranberry sauce and pineapple came in, Bert) in a food processor and pulse a few times until a relish-like consistency is achieved. If relish is too thin, my recommendation is to add more habaneros until the right consistency appears ...but your mileage may vary; so more pineapple (drained) is probably the way you'll want to go.

When the brats are cooked about halfway, add as much or little relish as you want straight onto and around the brats. Continue cooking until brats are done and relish in the pan has deveoped a bit of a crust at the bottom.

When done, pour everything straight onto a plate, grease (shouldn't be much) and all. Chase each bite with mighty pulls from a half-gallon of milk (to help keep you from screaming at the burn), and enjoy! Smiley

Bonnets? Wow! Now that's piping hot!!!

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #62 - Dec 22nd, 2012 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
Darwinist wrote on Dec 21st, 2012 at 12:55pm:

We may have to compare notes: I have hot sauces in my fridge and cupboards that are so insanely fiery they can't even be called "hot sauce" on the label; for legal purposes they're called "food additives." A couple of them I could buy only after signing a waiver stating I understood what I was getting myself into. Wink

Friend of mine brang some of this home from a trip to US a while ago:

http://www.chilliworld.com/sp6.asp?p_id=101

Oh my word. We had chilli vodka with this stuff. Literally dipped a pin in it - a pin, like you use to hold cloth together, 0.2mm of steel - then stirred the vodka with the pin.

Way too much. And I speak as a curry fetishist.

Where, I ask, is the Geneva Convention when you need it?

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Darwinist
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Is morbian the opposite
of lesbian?

Reply #63 - Dec 22nd, 2012 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Dec 22nd, 2012 at 10:23pm:
Friend of mine brang some of this home from a trip to US a while ago:

http://www.chilliworld.com/sp6.asp?p_id=101

Oh my word. We had chilli vodka with this stuff. Literally dipped a pin in it - a pin, like you use to hold cloth together, 0.2mm of steel - then stirred the vodka with the pin.

Way too much. And I speak as a curry fetishist.

Where, I ask, is the Geneva Convention when you need it?

Oh yeah! I finished a bottle of Da Bomb a couple years ago. Really good stuff. The most evil substance in my cupboard right now is a 2 oz. bottle of Blair's 3 a.m. Extract, rated at close to a blistering 2 million Scovilles. (For those of you wondering, an average jalapeno clocks in at around 40,000 Scoville units: my 3 a.m. Sauce is 50 times hotter than that; pure capsaicin weighs in with 16 million Scovilles, the maximum possible.) A few drops of the 3 a.m. is enough to fully season a gallon of chili; add a couple more drops, and it'll make women cry, a couple more drops yet and it'll bring strong men to their knees. Wink

I've also got a bottle of Naga Jolokia sauce that comes in at about 1 million Scovilles, and a product called Frostbite, a translucent, pale syrup with eensy crystals of pure capsaicin suspended in it - also 1 million Scoville's. Fun stuff! Smiley

IP Logged

CubaLibre
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Darwinist wrote on Dec 21st, 2012 at 12:55pm:

Just saw that recipe. I'll definitely be trying it out in the near future!  Smiley

Hottest stuff I've tried so far is called Red Ghost, from a Mexican joint we have down here called Tijuana Flats. Green Ghost is a Naga Bhut sauce, and Red Ghost is that same sauce, but taken to the extreme.

Two or three drops will do for their medium-sized chimichanga (which is huge).  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereCooking, Crafts, Home Decorating › What's Cooking Today?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog