Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereThe Writer's Croft - Creative Writing Corner › A lullaby for Bernie. (commentary, critique)
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) A lullaby for Bernie. (commentary, critique) (Read 3,617 times)
thetycoon
Ex Member

A lullaby for Bernie. (commentary, critique)
Mar 13th, 2013 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
(See the other thread for the story)
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2013 at 11:58pm by »  

IP Logged

Writers_Block
Ex Member

Re: A lullaby for Bernie.
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2013 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
I wish you had written the entire story before posting.

IP Logged

thetycoon
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 2:49am
Print Post  
Quote:
I wish you had written the entire story before posting.

Well, it's meant to be rather long, so if people don't like the first installment, I am not sure it's worth continuing.

IP Logged

Darwinist
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Is morbian the opposite
of lesbian?

Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Well, it's meant to be rather long, so if people don't like the first installment, I am not sure it's worth continuing.

Ah - that's what the delay's been about....

More! More! Smiley

IP Logged

Writers_Block
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I'm trying to figure out why you started it off like you did.....what is the point of the guy saying he's essentially a womanizer. Then suddenly you introduce the woman, I guess the arm candy woman. You're giving me two issues and not sure where you're going with it.

I guess I was expecting another piece like you did before.

IP Logged

thetycoon
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm trying to figure out why you started it off like you did.....what is the point of the guy saying he's essentially a womanizer. Then suddenly you introduce the woman, I guess the arm candy woman. You're giving me two issues and not sure where you're going with it.

I guess I was expecting another piece like you did before.

I don't know, some great novels start this way, IE in the first person and with the narrator not introducing himself until late in the story. In some cases the narrator remains unknown and next to nothing is revealed about him/her. There's a novel for example where the narrator introduce her whole family one by one before we learn the first thing about her personally. I don't remember the title but I'll think about it and get back to you, if you wish.

IP Logged

Writers_Block
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I don't know, some great novels start this way, IE in the first person and with the narrator not introducing himself until late in the story. In some cases the narrator remains unknown and next to nothing is revealed about him/her. There's a novel for example where the narrator introduce her whole family one by one before we learn the first thing about her personally. I don't remember the title but I'll think about it and get back to you, if you wish.

I'm not addressing any of that. I just don't know where you're going with this. You start off making the narrator look like a cad and then scene 1 a woman comes in....What are you trying to do with her character-wise?

IP Logged

Writers_Block
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
You second post. I see you rushing this, but still I'm not sure how this is advancing the story,

When you considered the story, did you do any kind of outline, even in your own mind. Do you already know how it's going to end?

IP Logged

thetycoon
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm not addressing any of that. I just don't know where you're going with this. You start off making the narrator look like a cad and then scene 1 a woman comes in....What are you trying to do with her character-wise?

You're not supposed to know these things at this point.
What do you want from me, a summation of the story ahead? That wouldn't make sense much now, would it?
The narrator is not supposed to conform to your personal conception of good or bad, why would he?
One of Agatha Christie's narrators was a murderer, we don't learn that before the end of the story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Murder_of_Roger_Ackroyd#Plot_summary.

Your questions don't make much sense, sorry.

IP Logged

thetycoon
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You second post. I see you rushing this, but still I'm not sure how this is advancing the story,

What am I rushing exactly? I don't understand.
Quote:
When you considered the story, did you do any kind of outline, even in your own mind. Do you already know how it's going to end?

Of course, but you are not supposed to.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereThe Writer's Croft - Creative Writing Corner › A lullaby for Bernie. (commentary, critique)

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog