Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereCooking, Crafts, Home Decorating › scotch. Is this the place?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) scotch. Is this the place? (Read 5,133 times)
Rodney Your Teas Ready
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Re: scotch. Is this the place?
Reply #10 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 2:37am
Print Post  
Quote:
You've never been drunk?

Thrown up in a toilet. Always bushes or off balconies. Except for once in a cruise ship bathroom but we believe that to be motion sickness...

IP Logged

Gunner
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Liberals disgust me, libertarians
annoy me alittle

Reply #11 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Johnny walker black is my scotch, anything fancier is to good for my palette.

IP Logged

robth
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

The Sleep of Reason Begets
Liberalism

Reply #12 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
I have a really sad and depressing story about scotch, but everytime I think of it I just break down. Maybe when I get my courage up I can pass it along.  Cry

&&

IP Logged

Density Incorporated
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Rodney Your Teas Ready wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 2:37am:
Thrown up in a toilet. Always bushes or off balconies. Except for once in a cruise ship bathroom but we believe that to be motion sickness...

Having a couple of shots of scotch before you tell the story should make it easier to tell.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #14 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Having a couple of shots of scotch before you tell the story should make it easier to tell.

It's ok, I just did it for you.

Wow, I'm in the south of France and I am drinking Scotch... 'Label 5'. Never heard of it before. Must be export only.

Not bad, although it's 22C here so maybe I should have stuck to white wine?

Anyhow, tell us your horror story. Go oooon, go go go oooonnnnnn.....

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Rodney Your Teas Ready
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Reply #15 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Which story? I have far too many.

IP Logged

robth
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

The Sleep of Reason Begets
Liberalism

Reply #16 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
OK, I just finished a double martini so I can tell my sorrowful scotch story.

Once upon a time I got to know a factory rep who came to visit our company about once a month. He was originally from Scotland and still had family there.

We got to be friends and he told me he was going back home for a vacation. I asked if he would pick up something special for me when he returned.

Sure enough he brought me a bottle of special single malt scotch. Can't remember the name but I don't think it was imported to the U.S. had a name that sounded like you were clearing your throat.  One sip brought me to my knees, it was so great. Best scotch I had ever tasted or even imagined.

So I hid it away in the back corner of my liquor cabinet so no one would touch it. 

I came home from work one day and smelled something wonderful. My wife had baked a cake. After dinner I had a piece, it was absolutely delicious, and I asked what it was.  My wife informed me that it was a whisky cake.  Oh, I thought, she used the cheap bourbon I kept for the heathens who mix liquor with coke or 7-up.

I asked her which whisky she used in the cake....the answer to my horror was..."oh that bottle you had in the back of the cabinet, I thought since it was back there, you didn't like it"

I have never hit a woman in my wife, but I was temped to brain her with a baseball bat.

Excuse me while I go calm down.  Keeping in mind that this took place over 20 years ago.

&&

IP Logged

Rodney Your Teas Ready
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Reply #17 - Jun 24th, 2014 at 2:05am
Print Post  
My most embarrassing moment. Well i can't really say it's embarrassing since I don't remember doing it. We had a family reunion about 14 years ago. My cousin arranged it and we rented out a function room on her husbands club. The Windsor. It was a big deal as my mom and dad got to see family they haven't seen in decades and my sister and I are the ones that got to grow up in the US and go to a four year college. We were the fancy successful ones.

So we had a great night. Many a relative bought me a pint and as always I got pissed. Totally bladdered. I was drunk enough to chat up the barmaid even though she was apparently a lesbian.

So at the end of the night we had the obligatory group photo (there had to be 30 of us) then we all departed. Everyone lived in the area but my cousins whom I was staying with drove and my parents who stayed in the local Holiday in (in the Coldra) took a mini cab. Everyone else waited outside the club for their taxis. My cousin was able to park across the street. Parked by a section of row houses with a few garages. So we all piled into the minivan. At that point I really had to pee.

The next afternoon my sister and I picked up my mom and dad at their hotel. I was hungover. My sister was quiet. My dad had that look all dads have when they want to avoid an argument with their wife and my mom was frosty. So we drove to wherever we were going in silence. I knew something was wrong but didn't know what. Eventually my frosty mom exploded. "Well? Aren't you going to say anything? Do you realize what you did?"

Apparently I had to pee so badly that I got out of the minivan and relieved myself against  a garage door. However I didn't just relieve myself against a garage door. I attempted to write my name in cursive on the garage door  while nearly 30 people watched from right across the street.

That was the last time I saw most of those people and the last time we all got together.

IP Logged

Wendell Phillips
LNF Senior Staffer

Reply #18 - Jun 24th, 2014 at 9:05am
Print Post  
For my birthdays, I treat myself to a bottle of the 30-year old Macallan.
http://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/the-macallan-fine-oak-30-year-old-whisky/

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereCooking, Crafts, Home Decorating › scotch. Is this the place?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog