Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Archeological Finds.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Archeological Finds. (Read 13,051 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Archeological Finds.
Reply #10 - Dec 17th, 2014 at 5:43am
Print Post  
Ancient Rock Believed to Offer Key Evidence of Biblical Account

Dec. 16, 2014 11:00am Sharona Schwartz

A rock found in Israel and currently on display at New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art offers new evidence supporting the Bible’s description of the rule of King David, archaeology experts believe.

Archaeologists believe the stone’s inscription supports the biblical account of King David’s dynasty. (Photo courtesy the Israel Museum, Jerusalem/Israel Antiquities Authority/photo by Meidad Suchowolski)

The stone’s inscription, which appears to refer to King David’s dynasty, is believed to have been written in 830 B.C., only 150 years after he reigned.

A recent article by the Biblical Archaeology Society described the inscription referencing the Davidic dynasty as “extraordinary” and a discovery that substantiates the biblical narrative of the storied king:

The inscription hails from Tel Dan in northern Israel and commemorates the conquests of Hazael, king of Aram-Damascus, enemy of the ancient kingdoms of Israel and Judah. Hazael claims to have killed both Jehoram, king of Israel, and Ahaziahu, king of “the House of David” — or Judah. That the nation of Judah is referred to as the “House of David” is significant because it is the only archaeological evidence of a historical David — a belief that had been hotly debated prior to this discovery — thus substantiating part of the Biblical narrative.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/12/16/ancient-rock-believed-to-offer-key-ev...

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Reply #11 - Dec 20th, 2014 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Dec 17th, 2014 at 5:43am:
Ancient Rock Believed to Offer Key Evidence of Biblical Account

Dec. 16, 2014 11:00am Sharona Schwartz

A rock found in Israel and currently on display at New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art offers new evidence supporting the Bible’s description of the rule of King David, archaeology experts believe.

Archaeologists believe the stone’s inscription supports the biblical account of King David’s dynasty. (Photo courtesy the Israel Museum, Jerusalem/Israel Antiquities Authority/photo by Meidad Suchowolski)

The stone’s inscription, which appears to refer to King David’s dynasty, is believed to have been written in 830 B.C., only 150 years after he reigned.

A recent article by the Biblical Archaeology Society described the inscription referencing the Davidic dynasty as “extraordinary” and a discovery that substantiates the biblical narrative of the storied king:

The inscription hails from Tel Dan in northern Israel and commemorates the conquests of Hazael, king of Aram-Damascus, enemy of the ancient kingdoms of Israel and Judah. Hazael claims to have killed both Jehoram, king of Israel, and Ahaziahu, king of “the House of David” — or Judah. That the nation of Judah is referred to as the “House of David” is significant because it is the only archaeological evidence of a historical David — a belief that had been hotly debated prior to this discovery — thus substantiating part of the Biblical narrative.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/12/16/ancient-rock-believed-to-offer-key-ev...

^ I think that is second to the Dead Sea Scrolls in terms of "biblical finds."

IP Logged

Just An Independent Bishop
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Dec 23rd, 2014 at 3:14pm
Print Post  

How does any of this support creationism? Point being, the same techniques used to verify Biblical accounts are the ones used to verify secular archeology:

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2015/01/first-americans/hodges-text

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #13 - Dec 24th, 2014 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Quote:
How does any of this support creationism?

Huh Is the thread "about creationism"?

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #14 - Dec 24th, 2014 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Mercy For All wrote on Dec 24th, 2014 at 11:20am:
Huh Is the thread "about creationism"?

Evidently since it is obviously about the reliability of the Bible, and unless I am mistaken Creationism is taken from the Bible. Or have Fundamentalists given up on the Creation story?

Or, is it that you think archeology is now limited to only Biblical stories of Abraham, David, etc.?

BTW, I posted many of these same archeological finds several years ago.

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #15 - Dec 24th, 2014 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Evidently since it is obviously about the reliability of the Bible, and unless I am mistaken Creationism is taken from the Bible. Or have Fundamentalists given up on the Creation story?

Or, is it that you think archeology is now limited to only Biblical stories of Abraham, David, etc.?

"Creationism is taken from the Bible..."

Yes.

That doesn't make "the Bible about Creationism" any more than a truck being a vehicle means that any vehicle is a truck (i.e., a tank, a plane, a ship).

A huge logical fallacy there.

And what's with "Fundamentalists"?  This is the Christian Forum. Not the Fundamentalist Forum.

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #16 - Dec 24th, 2014 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Mercy For All wrote on Dec 24th, 2014 at 2:26pm:
"Creationism is taken from the Bible..."

Yes.

That doesn't make "the Bible about Creationism" any more than a truck being a vehicle means that any vehicle is a truck (i.e., a tank, a plane, a ship).

Ok. So we are going to play the childish mind games again.

What is the First Book in the Bible about? Where does the Christian concept of creation come from? How often is the creation story referred to in the Bible?

Quote:
A huge logical fallacy there.

No. What was illogical was your comment "That doesn't make "the Bible about Creationism" any more than a truck being a vehicle means that any vehicle is a truck (i.e., a tank, a plane, a ship)"

It doesn't make it about Abraham, David, libraries, etc. neither. Then too, I have no clue as to how you could so foolishly compare what is a vehicle to what the Bible teaches.

Quote:
And what's with "Fundamentalists"?  This is the Christian Forum. Not the Fundamentalist Forum.

"Fundamentalists" are not Christians now? Or is fundamentalism just not allowed in your "christian" forum?

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #17 - Dec 24th, 2014 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Ok. So we are going to play the childish mind games again.

What is the First Book in the Bible about? Where does the Christian concept of creation come from? How often is the creation story referred to in the Bible?

No. What was illogical was your comment "That doesn't make "the Bible about Creationism" any more than a truck being a vehicle means that any vehicle is a truck (i.e., a tank, a plane, a ship)"

It doesn't make it about Abraham, David, libraries, etc. neither. Then too, I have no clue as to how you could so foolishly compare what is a vehicle to what the Bible teaches.

"Fundamentalists" are not Christians now? Or is fundamentalism just not allowed in your "christian" forum?

Here's the logical fallacy:  Fallacy of Composition.

That's the second time in two posts.

Here, read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_composition

Creationism "comes from the Bible"--that doesn't make the Bible "about Creationism," and neither is "young-earth Creationism" the sole interpretation of Genesis 1 and 2.  Fundamentalists are Christians. Not all Christians are Fundamentalists. Therefore the conversation here is not limited to Fundamentalists.

This thread is not about Creationism. Your comments are off-topic. Further off-topic comments will be deleted.

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #18 - Dec 25th, 2014 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #19 - Dec 26th, 2014 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Since I started the thread I do believe I have the authority to say what it is for. The title speaks for itself.  Historical finds, not creationism.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Archeological Finds.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog