Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Archeological Finds.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Archeological Finds. (Read 19,772 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Archeological Finds.
Reply #140 - Mar 4th, 2018 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Mar 3rd, 2018 at 5:30pm:
And how does this prove the existence of God?..

You see.. It doesn't..  Jersulum exists but it's existence does not prove that God is real.  Jesus die likely on the cross but there is no evidence that he rose from the dead.

You have 'Faith'..  You do not have evidence.. 

Faith is not required if there is evidence. Evidence eliminates the need for Faith.

For you it does not, for us it is simply confirmation of what we already know.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #141 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 9:28am:
Fiddler’s right, you know....

I have cited ample evidence.  The problem is that as an unbeliever your view is severly tainted, thus you have a closed mind.  I hear the claim that over the years the Bible has been rewritten over and over and thus contains errors.  Yet I cite a manuscript over 1000 years old that when compare to our Bible matches it nearly perfectly.  I hear that the Bible is filled with nothing but myths and yet this thread I started shows that we are discovering artifacts that are proving the accuracy of the Bible’s history that was often doubted. 

The evidence is there and you know it.  You have a conscious that tells you right from wrong, even convicting you with guilt when you go against it.  Now having stated my mind I remind you this forum is for believers, not unbelievers who’s sole purpose is to argue and mock.  Feel free to start a thread in the religion forum if you want to convince us otherwise.  No one here really is going to spend time arguing with you, just a waste of time.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #142 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 9:28am:
Fiddler’s right, you know....

No, I don't think he is.  But I agree it appears that way to a non-believer.  The saving faith of which Seawolf speaks is described in this verse:

http://biblehub.com/ephesians/2-8.htm

It involves the supernatural.  Just as the Creator is supernatural. 

I know from your other posts that you probably have more head knowledge of the Bible than a lot of people who believe they are Christians.  But head knowledge is earned.  You worked for it.  The faith that saves is freely given to people who aren't even looking for it.  I question why it's not freely given to all, but it clearly isn't.   The redeemed are always described as a remnant, and a remnant, by definition, is less than half.  They are also warned against being smug and condescending. 

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #143 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 4:57pm:
I presume you mean ‘conscience’ rather than ‘conscious’, which makes no sense in that post.

Given how it’s so central to what you’re labouring to say, shouldn’t you use the right word?

This is not an engish forum so let’s stay on the subject of this thread and forum.  I do not run around hitting folks for grammar and spelling, neither should you.  Feel free to address my points or move on.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #144 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 10:22am
Print Post  
EF wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 10:59pm:
No, I don't think he is.  But I agree it appears that way to a non-believer.  The saving faith of which Seawolf speaks is described in this verse:

http://biblehub.com/ephesians/2-8.htm

It involves the supernatural.  Just as the Creator is supernatural. 

I know from your other posts that you probably have more head knowledge of the Bible than a lot of people who believe they are Christians.  But head knowledge is earned.  You worked for it.  The faith that saves is freely given to people who aren't even looking for it.  I question why it's not freely given to all, but it clearly isn't.   The redeemed are always described as a remnant, and a remnant, by definition, is less than half.  They are also warned against being smug and condescending. 

To amplify what EF says, the Bible states all have sinned, none are righteous, no man seeks God.  We think we are good by our standards which fall well short of God’s standard as we see in the 10 Commandments.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #145 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Unearthed Secrets from Armageddon, the Site of the Ultimate Battle

Quote:
Archaeologists have been digging at Megiddo (known today as Tell el-Mutesellim) for 115 years, but this team discovered a new tomb that sheds light on this city at the pivot of history. Finkelstein's team, which has been excavating at the site since 1994, includes his Tel Aviv University colleague Mario Martin and Matthew Adams of the W.F. Albright Institute of Archaeology.

The newly uncovered tomb predates the earliest recorded battle in the history of the ancient Near East, when the Egyptian pharaoh Thutmose III besieged the city in the first half of the 15th century B.C. After a seven-month-long siege, the city surrendered and yielded to the pharaoh, who incorporated Canaan into his empire.

The tomb dated to the Middle Bronze Age, around 1700-1600 B.C., when the power of Canaanite Megiddo was at its peak. Archaeologists discovered the tomb after seeing cracks in the surface of an excavation area near the Bronze Age palaces discovered in the 1930s. Dirt appeared to be falling away into an undiscovered cavern below, Adams told National Geographic. In 2016, they discovered a subterranean corridor leading to a burial chamber.

Archaeology Confirms King Hezekiah's War Against Idolatry

Inside the tomb, the team discovered undisturbed remains of three people: a child between 8 and 10 years old, a woman in her mid-30s, and a man between the ages of 40 and 60. Each of the bodies had gold and silver jewelry, and the man's body was discovered wearing a gold necklace and had been crowned with a gold diadem. All of the grave objects demonstrated a high level of skill and artistry.

"We are speaking of an elite family burial because of the monumentality of the structure, the rich finds and because of the fact that the burial is located in close proximity to the royal palace," Finkelstein said.

The grave goods revealed the vast wealth of Megiddo and its pivotal trade position at the time. Along with the jewelry, archaeologists found ceramic vessels from Cyprus and stone jars that might have been imported from Egypt.

The tomb revealed a complex and highly stratified society, archaeologists argued. In addition to the three intact corpses, the team discovered other human remains which had been brushed aside.

Excavation team member Melissa Cradic told National Geographic that two phases of ritual activity took place in the newly discovered tomb. First, six people were buried over a short span of time. Later, the remains were pushed to the back of the tomb and three newly deceased people were placed in the front of the chamber.

Some types of jewelry found on the newer corpses — bronze bead anklets and metal pins — were identical to the artifacts found in the pile of bones at the back of the tomb. This similarity suggests a close social relationship between these two groups of people. Physical evidence for a possible genetic bone or blood disorder further suggested the two groups were related, bioarchaeologist Rachel Kalisher added.
https://pjmedia.com/faith/unearthed-secrets-from-armageddon-the-site-of-the-ulti...

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #146 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Archaeology Confirms King Hezekiah's War Against Idolatry.

Quote:
Archaeologists with the Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA) discovered a large shrine, and in one of the inner rooms they found two four-horned altars. The horns on the altars appeared to have been intentionally cut, and there was even a toilet discovered in the corner of the shrine!

These discoveries are "probably evidence of the religious reform attributed to King Hezekiah, whereby religious worship was centralized in Jerusalem and the cultic high places that were built outside the capital were destroyed," excavation director Sa'ar Ganor said in a statement on the find. He quoted 2 Kings 18:4, wherein Hezekiah "removed the high places, smashed the sacred stones and cut down the Asherah poles."

The IAA archaeologists also discovered a toilet — in the part of the shrine which would have been the holy of holies! The ancient john, a stone fashioned in the shape of a chair with a hole in the center, was found in the corner of the room. Ancient stones like this have been identified as toilets in previous archaeological finds. Biblical evidence that toilets were used to desecrate temples can be found in 2 Kings 10:27: "And they demolished the altar of Baal, and demolished the house of Baal, and made it a latrine to this day."

Despite evidence of ancient toilets and the biblical passages describing desecration by porta potty, this is the first archaeological find to confirm the phenomenon. The IAA performed lab tests in the spot where the toilet was placed, and the results suggest it was never used. "Hence, we can conclude that the placement of the toilet had been symbolic, after which the holy of holies was sealed until the site was destroyed," the IAA release read.

The dig was conducted between January and March of this year. The gate discovered at the site is the largest one known in Israel from the First Temple period. "The size of the gate is consistent with the historical and archaeological knowledge we possess, whereby Lachish was a major city and the most important one after Jerusalem," Ganor explained.
https://pjmedia.com/faith/2016/10/04/archaeology-confirms-king-hezekiahs-war-aga...

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #147 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
That wasn’t Spelling Nazism. You used entirely the wrong word.

Reminds me of something from, I think, a William Faulkner book I was once forced to read.  Ended up enjoying it and making an A on an essay I wrote on the book. What I am about to relate is from memory of 45+ years ago and, since I am an idiot (Bowhunter says so, and you all know how smart he thinks he is) I could be off a little.

The main character, Flem Snopes, has a habit of always using "actively" when he means "actually."  One of the other characters, I think the person who is telling the story, always wants to correct him but when he reflects on it, he decides "actively" works just as well if not better as "actually" in the sentence in which Mr. Snopes used it.  So he  never gets around to it.  The main theme of the book is Flem Snopes doing what he has to do to become, in his mind, "respectable." 

BTW, it is this very Snopes family from which the extremely biased and untrustworthy purveyor of left wing drivel takes its name: snopes.com.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Archeological Finds.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules