Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Archeological Finds.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Archeological Finds. (Read 16,360 times)
Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Re: Archeological Finds.
Reply #60 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 8:30am
Print Post  
Quote:
Constantine? Really?

Read the whole quote.

Quote:
As much as you are.

Let me get this straight...you are saying that the New Testament documents are as trustworthy as I am...and implying that I am untrustworthy.

Well That's Fantastic?

Why are you a Christian?

Quote:
Now, why do you keep repeating the same lie, over, and over? I have constantly said that I could care less about the story of Caesar, yet you keep bringing it up as if I cared.

What is the lie? That Gallic Wars is not disputed? That's not a lie. It's a direct comparison. Why are the Gallic Wars dependable but the New Testament is not?

Quote:
Do you know what "hearsay evidence" is?

Yes. And eyewitness testimony.

Quote:
Now you are really acting desperate.

It's pretty well exactly the same thing. Historical evidence is not "proof."

Quote:
So, how does one believe in God if not for "blind faith"? Can you see Him, touch Him, hear Him?

Scripture and experience.

Quote:
Since there is no 1 John.....Anyway, since you posted it I must what? John does nothing to take away from what I have said.

1 John is the 5th last book in the Bible.

In this letter, he appeals to evidence. He does not ask anyone to "believe with blind faith." Further, he doesn't say that he believed with blind faith.

Quote:
So, when I asked if a man on an island could believe in Christ, when you said yes you were just BSing me.

You've already implied that the New Testament is not trustworthy. Why should someone believe it?

I'm not saying it's untrustworthy. People should believe it because it's trustworthy. Further, it's not the only evidence.

Quote:
And yet you provide no evidence of those historical events, in particular the miracles, for one to believe on.

I already have. The physical location of Jesus' death and resurrection.

Further, the very existence of Christianity is a testimony of the historical life, death, and resurrection of Jesus.

IP Logged

Just An Independent
Ex Member

Reply #61 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Mercy For All wrote on Sep 18th, 2015 at 8:30am:
Read the whole quote.

I did, and Constantine gave us the RCC which is based on traditions, and falsehoods, such as Peter being the first "pope", or the inerrancy of the "pope" in scripture.

Quote:
Let me get this straight...you are saying that the New Testament documents are as trustworthy as I am...and implying that I am untrustworthy.

Not implying anything. Your ideology requires proof, and is based on an examination of the "evidence". Such as in the quote you posted. I italicized all of the words which showed that the site is not known for certain, yet you would not accept that.

Quote:
Why are you a Christian?

Since I was not there, it is based on faith much like that of Jefferson. I find the teachings of Christ to be worth living for, and no better answer for the existence of God.

Quote:
What is the lie? That Gallic Wars is not disputed? That's not a lie. It's a direct comparison. Why are the Gallic Wars dependable but the New Testament is not?

That is the lie. I have said countless times i could care less about the Gallic Wars, or even comparison manuscripts. Yet you continue to raise the issue as if I cared.

You are the one that needs them to reinforce your beliefs, not me.

Quote:
Yes. And eyewitness testimony.

Only according to the writings of those proselytizing Christianity.

Quote:
It's pretty well exactly the same thing. Historical evidence is not "proof."

Isn't the original intent of this thread based on historical evidence? Was not your quote based on an examination of historical evidence?

Quote:
1 John is the 5th last book in the Bible.

In this letter, he appeals to evidence. He does not ask anyone to "believe with blind faith." Further, he doesn't say that he believed with blind faith.

Sorry, my mistake. My link to Bible Gateway keeps saying 1 John does not exist. Should have used one of my hard copies.

Anyway, 1 John is about fellowship, not belief, or faith.

Quote:
You've already implied that the New Testament is not trustworthy. Why should someone believe it?

Faith.

Quote:
I'm not saying it's untrustworthy. People should believe it because it's trustworthy. Further, it's not the only evidence.

Only if you have faith. Without it it means nothing.

Quote:
I already have. The physical location of Jesus' death and resurrection.

Further, the very existence of Christianity is a testimony of the historical life, death, and resurrection of Jesus.

Many religions are based on frauds.

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #62 - Sep 18th, 2015 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Quote:
I did, and Constantine gave us the RCC which is based on traditions, and falsehoods, such as Peter being the first "pope", or the inerrancy of the "pope" in scripture.

Yeah, so you missed half the point. Constantine built on a known site.

Quote:
Not implying anything. Your ideology requires proof, and is based on an examination of the "evidence". Such as in the quote you posted. I italicized all of the words which showed that the site is not known for certain, yet you would not accept that.

No, it requires evidence. "Proof" (is in, incontrovertible evidence) does not exist.

Quote:
Since I was not there, it is based on faith much like that of Jefferson. I find the teachings of Christ to be worth living for, and no better answer for the existence of God.

Christianity is more based on the actions of Christ than the teachings of Christ.

Quote:
That is the lie. I have said countless times i could care less about the Gallic Wars, or even comparison manuscripts. Yet you continue to raise the issue as if I cared.

I'm lying because I'm saying that Gallic Wars is relevant? That's not a lie. It is relevant, whether or not you care.

You seem to be saying that the NT documents are unreliable. Based on what criteria? Because they "beat" Gallic Wars. On what basis would you say they were trustworthy? What characteristics would you expect "trustworthy" documents to bear?

Quote:
You are the one that needs them to reinforce your beliefs, not me.

Actually, I'm going by what the Bible says.

Quote:
Only according to the writings of those proselytizing Christianity.

Like the original apostles? Like John?

Quote:
Isn't the original intent of this thread based on historical evidence? Was not your quote based on an examination of historical evidence?

Yes, but historical evidence is not "proof" in a mathematical sense. It is evidence. Evidence is weighed and evaluated. Kind of like the Bereans in Acts.

Quote:
Sorry, my mistake. My link to Bible Gateway keeps saying 1 John does not exist. Should have used one of my hard copies.

Anyway, 1 John is about fellowship, not belief, or faith.

John 1:1-3.

Quote:
Faith.

Why faith in that and not something else?

Quote:
Only if you have faith. Without it it means nothing.

Everybody has faith...in something. Why the message of the New Testament? Why Jesus, for that matter?

Quote:
Many religions are based on frauds.

Exactly. So why Jesus?

IP Logged

Just An Independent
Ex Member

Reply #63 - Sep 19th, 2015 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Mercy For All wrote on Sep 18th, 2015 at 11:47am:
Yeah, so you missed half the point. Constantine built on a known site.

Evidently you cannot even read, or comprehend, your own sources. It was built upon "Acceptance of the tradition".

Anyway, this is going in circle in which you consistently change the direction of the argument. Sorry you cannot accept the role faith plays in the acceptance of Christ.

I am done with this nonsense.

Hebrew 11:

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised. Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.

By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.

By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.

By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.

By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward. By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible. Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.

By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.

By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.

By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions. Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

IP Logged

Just An Independent
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Sep 19th, 2015 at 11:51am
Print Post  

And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #65 - Sep 19th, 2015 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Evidently you cannot even read, or comprehend, your own sources. It was built upon "Acceptance of the tradition".

Tradition does not emerge in a vacuum.

Quote:
Anyway, this is going in circle in which you consistently change the direction of the argument. Sorry you cannot accept the role faith plays in the acceptance of Christ.

And you call me a liar!?

I fully understand. I also understand that biblical faith is not blind faith.

Quote:
I am done with this nonsense.

Hebrew 11:

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions. Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

Substitute "faith" in Hebrews 11 with "blind faith" and it makes no sense. Understand "faith" to mean "trust and faithfulness" and it makes complete sense.

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

are always false.

Reply #66 - Sep 19th, 2015 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
"Many religions are based on frauds."

So why Jesus?

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #67 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Muslim Authority Tried to Hide Biblical History of Jerusalem by Moving Tons of Earth from the Temple Mount. Looks Like a Boy Ruined That Plan When He Found a 3,000-Year-Old King David-Era Artifact.

Sep. 27, 2015 10:14am Sharona Schwartz

The Islamic organization that manages Muslim sites on Jerusalem’s Temple Mount once notoriously moved hundreds of truckloads of earth bulldozed from the Temple Mount, a step that was viewed by some Israelis as an effort to erase the Jewish history from the site.

Now, a 10-year-old boy has made a remarkable discovery in the dirt discarded from the site holiest in Judaism and third holiest to Muslims.

The Temple Mount Sifting Project, which for more than a decade has been sifting through the tons of topsoil discarded by the Jerusalem Waqf Islamic trust, announced that the young Russian tourist, Matvei Tcepliaev, found a 3,000-year-old seal dating to the eras of Kings David and Solomon.

What the seal looked like when it was discovered. (Photo: Temple Mount Sifting Project)

Archaeologists believe the 10th century B.C. artifact is the first seal of its kind found in Jerusalem.

The Temple Mount Sifting Project announced that the seal’s age would place it in “the historical period of the Jebusites and the conquest of Jerusalem by King David, as well as the construction of the [First] Temple and the royal official compound by his son, King Solomon.”

The discovery not only offers further evidence of the Jewish connection to Jerusalem but also of the biblical narrative about the reigns of David and Solomon, as described in the two Books of Samuel and 1 Kings.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/09/27/muslim-authority-tried-to-hide-biblic...
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2015 at 3:41pm by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #68 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Evidence of a global flood?

Quote:
Ancient Whale Fossil unearthed in California's Santa Cruz

by Felix Balthasar, Sep 22, 2015

An ancient whale fossil has been unearthed from a construction site in Santa Cruz, California. The fossil, discovered by a paleontologist on September 4, is a 4-million-year-old fossilized skeleton of whale, according to a report of Santa Cruz Sentinel.

The report said the fossil was found by the paleontologist while monitoring a housing development in Scotts Valley. Scott Armstrong, a researcher at a Los Angeles County-based archaeological consulting service Paleo Solutions, said the discovered remains are of a mysticete whale, which is also known as an ancestor of the baleen whale.

During the excavation, a team of archaeologists unearthed some skull pieces, jaw, arm bones, shoulder blades and vertebrae. The site where the fossil was discovered is on a mountain, and discovering whale fossil on mountains is very uncommon. But while talking to Santa Cruz Sentinel, Armstrong said the whale’s remains made their way on to mountains through quakes, or movement of tectonic plates.

According to Armstrong, “Most places where you see a hill, somewhere there's a fault line nearby pushing it up. They're relatively inactive faults. But yeah, it's from lifting thousands, maybe millions of years ago”.

The paleontologist found the ancient fossil on September 4, but the process to unearth the skeleton started on Thursday. The paleontologist team used shovels, hoes, brooms and some other tools to excavate the ancient fossil.

After the excavation process, the remains were encased in plaster. Now, they will be transferred to Monrovia offices of Paleo Solutions for further investigation.
http://newsmaine.net/24188-ancient-whale-fossil-unearthed-californias-santa-cruz

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

Reply #69 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 27th, 2015 at 3:40pm:
Evidence of a global flood?

No.. It's evidence of plate tectonics.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Archeological Finds.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog