Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Archeological Finds.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Archeological Finds. (Read 15,641 times)
Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Archeological Finds.
Reply #90 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Back to the original topic. While it's definitely interesting when archeological finds back up a story in the bible, all it really backs up is that the historical aspect of the story is correct. It says whoever wrote that scrap of the bible (and it was not written by individuals btw) got an historical fact right. Or rather, the handed down historical fact was handed down intact, or close to it. BUT none of this has anything to do with Jesus or the existence of a god, or anything divine.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #91 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Jun 16th, 2017 at 2:35pm:
Back to the original topic. While it's definitely interesting when archeological finds back up a story in the bible, all it really backs up is that the historical aspect of the story is correct. It says whoever wrote that scrap of the bible (and it was not written by individuals btw) got an historical fact right. Or rather, the handed down historical fact was handed down intact, or close to it. BUT none of this has anything to do with Jesus or the existence of a god, or anything divine.

Patently false, if the Bible is full of errors then historically that claim could be validated and the Bible dismissed as nothing more then fables at best.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #92 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 1:37pm:
Patently false, if the Bible is full of errors then historically that claim could be validated and the Bible dismissed as nothing more then fables at best.
I'm not saying it's full or errors. I'm saying the fact that there are historical facts to back up some of the things in the bible doesn't mean anything as to whether it the word of god, or that it's claims about Jesus being divine are true. Look at it this way...Mein Kampf contains all kinds of historically correct points. Doesn't mean Hitler was right. (And no I'm not comparing Hitler to Jesus or Christianity in general, I'm just making a generic point.)

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #93 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Jul 6th, 2017 at 1:40pm:
I'm not saying it's full or errors. I'm saying the fact that there are historical facts to back up some of the things in the bible doesn't mean anything as to whether it the word of god, or that it's claims about Jesus being divine are true. Look at it this way...Mein Kampf contains all kinds of historically correct points. Doesn't mean Hitler was right. (And no I'm not comparing Hitler to Jesus or Christianity in general, I'm just making a generic point.)

Yet I can go and read the book of Isaiah chapter 53 and read that it foretells the coming of the Messiah, his birth and his death.  A fulfilled prophesy that validates God's word.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

michiganFats
LNF Representative2

Reply #94 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 6th, 2017 at 5:05pm:
Yet I can go and read the book of Isaiah chapter 53 and read that it foretells the coming of the Messiah, his birth and his death.  A fulfilled prophesy that validates God's word.

Using your opinion to support your opinion is not a solid debate tactic.

IP Logged

admin
LNF Administrator

To contact Admin send
a PM

Reply #95 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
- bump

Welcome to the Liberty News Forum - News and Political Discussion Forum.
IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #96 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 7:30am
Print Post  
Quote:
By James Rogers
Published August 07, 2017
Fox News

Now Playing

Lost Biblical city found?

Experts believe they have found the lost Roman city of Julias, formerly the village of Bethsaida, which was the home of Jesus' apostles Peter, Andrew and Philip.

Last month, archaeologists from the Kinneret Institute for Galilean Archaeology at Kinneret College, Israel and Nyack College in New York, completed excavations at el-Araj on the northern shore of the Sea of Galilee. El Araj has long been considered a possible location of ancient Julias, which was also known as Bethsaida.

“The results of this season’s excavation indicate that el-Araj should now be considered a leading candidate for the lost city of Jesus’ Apostles,” explained the excavation team, in a statement emailed to Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/08/07/lost-roman-city-that-was-home-to-jesus...

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #97 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Archaeology is very interesting but as Muckster correctly pointed out above, it does not support any claims about divinity.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #98 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 11:39am:
Archaeology is very interesting but as Muckster correctly pointed out above, it does not support any claims about divinity.

It's another fact that substantuates the authority of scriptute.  As I have stated, if you can prove the scripture historically incorrect, all other statements are then proven suspect at best.  If you are an atheist, this does not help your case.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #99 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 1:11pm:
It's another fact that substantuates the authority of scriptute.  As I have stated, if you can prove the scripture historically incorrect, all other statements are then proven suspect at best.  If you are an atheist, this does not help your case.

Sorry Seawolf but no.

You can dig up every city and show me the bones of Rahab, that doesn't help you to show the divinity of anything.

We already know that the Israelites were terrifying mass murderers, proving their awful crimes don't show God was the guilty party.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Archeological Finds.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog