Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Russia Is Doing It – Russia Is Actually Abandoning The Dollar
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Russia Is Doing It – Russia Is Actually Abandoning The Dollar (Read 6,449 times)
katsung47
LNF Representative

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Russia Is Doing It – Russia Is Actually Abandoning The Dollar
Jun 28th, 2014 at 4:37pm
Print Post  

By Michael Snyder, on June 10th, 2014

The Russians are actually making a move against the petrodollar.  It appears that they are quite serious about their de-dollarization strategy.  The largest natural gas producer on the planet, Gazprom, has signed agreements with some of their biggest customers to switch payments for natural gas from U.S. dollars to euros.  And Gazprom would have never done this without the full approval of the Russian government, because the Russian government holds a majority stake in Gazprom.  There hasn't been a word about this from the big mainstream news networks in the United States, but this is huge.  When you are talking about Gazprom, you are talking about a company that is absolutely massive.  It is one of the largest companies in the entire world and it makes up 8 percent of Russian GDP all by itself.  It holds 18 percent of the natural gas reserves of the entire planet, and it is also a very large oil producer.  So for Gazprom to make a move like this is extremely significant.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/russia-is-doing-it-russia-is-actuall...

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Re: Russia Is Doing It – Russia Is Actually Abandoning The Dollar
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
katsung47 wrote on Jun 28th, 2014 at 4:37pm:

By Michael Snyder, on June 10th, 2014

The Russians are actually making a move against the petrodollar.  It appears that they are quite serious about their de-dollarization strategy.  The largest natural gas producer on the planet, Gazprom, has signed agreements with some of their biggest customers to switch payments for natural gas from U.S. dollars to euros.  And Gazprom would have never done this without the full approval of the Russian government, because the Russian government holds a majority stake in Gazprom.  There hasn't been a word about this from the big mainstream news networks in the United States, but this is huge.  When you are talking about Gazprom, you are talking about a company that is absolutely massive.  It is one of the largest companies in the entire world and it makes up 8 percent of Russian GDP all by itself.  It holds 18 percent of the natural gas reserves of the entire planet, and it is also a very large oil producer.  So for Gazprom to make a move like this is extremely significant.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/russia-is-doing-it-russia-is-actuall...

Someone has a message for you..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc7U6WBk0ho

IP Logged

PeterR
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
glen65 wrote on Jun 28th, 2014 at 4:39pm:
Someone has a message for you..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc7U6WBk0ho

Won't work.  I don't think English (or at least Samuel L. Jackson's version of it) is Katsung's primary language. 

Says the guy who "lost his shit after January 20, 2009."
(Or, am I the “guy who shit his pants on 9/11 and spent the entire GWOT behind the safety of his monitor”?  I can never remember.)

"He was born with the gift of laughter and the sense that the world was mad."

IP Logged

just_me
LNF Representative2

Reply #3 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Can't blame then as the dollar is becoming worth less by the minute. I can't tell you the price of groceries or gas as I have not been to the store in the past 10 minutes.

Gas stations and stores are raising their prices in the wee hours of the mornings and at midnight.

just me

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 8:00am
Print Post  
just_me wrote on Jun 28th, 2014 at 8:11pm:
Can't blame then as the dollar is becoming worth less by the minute. I can't tell you the price of groceries or gas as I have not been to the store in the past 10 minutes.

Gas stations and stores are raising their prices in the wee hours of the mornings and at midnight.

I remember the days when we were told we were fearmongering about inflation.  I would have preferred to have been wrong about this but anyone who is based on reality knows you simply can not print money and not expect this to happen.  I was at the seafood store and saw crab meat is running at 40.00 a lb.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

gop_norm
LNF Senior Staffer3

Reply #5 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Regarding inflation, see:

What Inflation Looks Like

The Federal Reserve is hardly going to be passive if price inflation becomes problematic (FRB: How will the Federal Reserve ensure that the size of its balance sheet won’t lead to excessive inflation?). Price inflation will not reach 70s levels.

"The first provision extends the Federal Government's authority to borrow funds. This is an action that we just take to prevent the Government from defaulting on its obligations, and I have no objection whatsoever to doing so. In short, this extension of the debt limit is necessary and unavoidable." -- President Reagan

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #6 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
gop_norm wrote on Jun 29th, 2014 at 5:52pm:
Regarding inflation, see:

What Inflation Looks Like

The Federal Reserve is hardly going to be passive if price inflation becomes problematic (FRB: How will the Federal Reserve ensure that the size of its balance sheet won’t lead to excessive inflation?). Price inflation will not reach 70s levels.

In your own words, what is the Fed going to do?  How will they react to price inflation?

Will they raise interest rates?  That would unwind much of the free money investments in the way we saw in 2008ish.

Will they sell assets?  What assets?  Mortgage backed securities?  Good-bye what little home value was left.  Hello, high mortgage rates.

Maybe they will sell their treasuries?  Well that might pose a problem for a government that continues to borrow.  Namely, high costs of borrowing.

IP Logged

katsung47
LNF Representative

Reply #7 - Jul 9th, 2014 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on Jun 29th, 2014 at 8:18pm:
In your own words, what is the Fed going to do?  How will they react to price inflation?

Will they raise interest rates?  That would unwind much of the free money investments in the way we saw in 2008ish.

Will they sell assets?  What assets?  Mortgage backed securities?  Good-bye what little home value was left.  Hello, high mortgage rates.

Maybe they will sell their treasuries?  Well that might pose a problem for a government that continues to borrow.  Namely, high costs of borrowing.

Russia Dumps 20% Of Its Treasury Holdings As Mystery "Belgium" Buyer Adds Another Whopping $40 Billion

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 05/15/2014 13:23 -0400
Back in mid-March, there was a brief scare after the start of the Ukraine conflict, when Fed custody holdings plunged by a record $104.5 billion (if promptly bouncing back the following week), leading many to believe that Russia may have dumped its Treasurys, or at least change its bond custodian. We noted that we wouldn't have a definitive answer until the May TIC number came out to know for sure how much Russia had sold, or if indeed, anything. Moments ago the May TIC numbers did come out, and as expected, Russia indeed dumped a record $26 billion, or some 20% of all of its holdings, bringing its post-March total to just over $100 billion - the lowest since the Lehman crisis.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-15/russia-dumps-20-its-treasury-holdings-m...

IP Logged

katsung47
LNF Representative

Reply #8 - Jul 20th, 2014 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
839. Iraqi crisis created to save dollar (6/18/2014)

In early June, Russia switches the oil payment from dollars to Euros.

Quote:
Gazprom Signs Agreements to Switch from Dollars to Euros

Global Research, June 07, 2014

Gazprom Neft had signed additional agreements with consumers on a possible switch from dollars to euros for payments under contracts, the oil company’s head Alexander Dyukov told a press conference.

“Additional agreements of Gazprom Neft on the possibility to switch contracts from dollars to euros are signed. With Belarus, payments in rubles are agreed on,” he said.

Dyukov said nine of ten consumers had agreed to switch to euros.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/gazprom-signs-agreements-to-switch-from-dollars-to-...

This is very important news. If people starting to abandon the dollar, US will be hurt seriously in economy. Yet the news was little reported by the mainstream media. Several days later, the ISIL rebel in Iraq activates an offensive. The puppet Iraqi government retreats without any resistance. As a result, the oil price goes up.

Quote:
Oil prices spike as Iraq violence flares
By Mark Thompson  @MarkThompsonCNN June 12, 2014

Oil prices spiked Thursday to levels not seen in nine months as escalating violence in Iraq sparked worries about crude exports.

Light crude oil futures touched $106 a barrel, up nearly 2% and the highest price since September 2013.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/06/12/news/oil-prices-iraq/

Since the money used in most oil trading is dollar, the higher oil price will force the buyer to keep more dollar in bank as purchasing power. It’s a big amount if future option is included. Manipulating oil price becomes a strategy to save the dollar. Iraq is a big country of oil production and exportation. Its political stability has huge influence to oil price. US has turned it into a switch to adjust the oil price.

IP Logged

katsung47
LNF Representative

Reply #9 - Jul 31st, 2014 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
844. To save the dollar by hitting the Euro  (7/17/2014)

Someone argues,
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat 
Russia is the world's largest exporter of oil. Any increase in the price of oil benefits Russia.

That’s true. But oil price is the fastest way to adjust the demand of the dollar. We saw then the Euro – an alternative to the dollar, is threatened.

Quote:
Portugal bank crisis shakes investor confidence
By Brigitte HagemannJuly 10, 2014

Lisbon (AFP) - Fears over the health of Portugal's largest listed bank, Banco Espirito Santo, sent its shares into freefall Thursday, shaking stock markets in Lisbon and across Europe and even the Atlantic.

http://news.yahoo.com/portugals-financial-system-weak-pockets-imf-182844328.html

Euro is the reserve currency next to the dollar. When dollar is weak that oil buyers have to use Euros for payment to Russian oil, what if Euro’s value is threatened? Similar situation had acted four years ago when US had a financial crisis (the bankruptcy of Leman Brothers caused by sub-prime loan collapse), US resolved it by introducing the Greek financial crisis.

Quote:
  Wall St. Helped to Mask Debt Fueling Europe’s Crisis

By LOUISE STORY, LANDON THOMAS Jr. and NELSON D. SCHWARTZ

Published: February 13, 2010
Wall Street tactics akin to the ones that fostered subprime mortgages in America have worsened the financial crisis shaking Greece and undermining the euro by enabling European governments to hide their mounting debts.

As worries over Greece rattle world markets, records and interviews show that with Wall Street’s help, the nation engaged in a decade-long effort to skirt European debt limits. One deal created by Goldman Sachs helped obscure billions in debt from the budget overseers in Brussels.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/14/business/global/14debt.html?partner=rss&emc=rs...

If the high oil price would benefit enemy Russia, then US has to dig into the foundation of ally’s wallet. Last time the ignition was Greece, this time it is Portugal.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Russia Is Doing It – Russia Is Actually Abandoning The Dollar

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules