Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereThe House › What are You're favorite handguns?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What are You're favorite handguns? (Read 5,693 times)
Bud O Mighty
Ex Member

What are You're favorite handguns?
Nov 24th, 2014 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
I been looking a walther lately  http://www.waltherarms.com

IP Logged

Ex Member

Re: What are You're favorite handguns?
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2014 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Beretta 96fs, Glock 26, Walther P22, S&W Model627

IP Logged

If I Had Say
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 26th, 2014 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Beretta 96fs, Glock 26, Walther P22, S&W Model627

did you mean 92 fs?  there is a 96 but i don't see a 96 fs .??

Nice guns I'm going to read more about  them  Cool

IP Logged

If I Had Say
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 26th, 2014 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
heres a video 55  on 96 and 92

IP Logged

onlinebiker
LNF Staffer2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #4 - Jan 18th, 2015 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Both or my favorites are Smith and Wessons.

My usual carry gun is a 331 - a 32 H+R Airlite with Crimson Trace lasergrips. I can hit a 6 inch group very reliably out to 75 feet off a quick draw. 32 H+R is one of the most underrated cartridges out there. It's limited production keeps the price too high for casual shooters. Reloading is a must. It's kinetic energy is about the same as a 38 special, but smaller size allows 6 shots in a K frame, rather than 5 for a 38 special.

My "heavy" if I feel a need to carry it is a Smith 610. It's a 10mm revolver that loads with steel clips, like the model 25 or 625 (45 acp). The 10mm is also a reloader's cartridge. Developed for use by the FBI - it was considered too powerful for most applications. Sometimes, too much, is just right. It's an accurate piece as well - but, being an N frame in stainless, it is a bit heavy for every day carry.

IP Logged

Thankful Blessed
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 1:59pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Enoch8
LNF Senior Staffer6

Non-Violent Non-Compliant
Resistance

Reply #6 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 2:43pm
Print Post  

The Springfield XP lines are a great natural blance and ergonomic grips are interchangable.
Unlike similar Glocks, when you point it, the balance is already in good natural elevation on the target.
The typical price ranges are about $7 or $800, typically.

For a similar ergonomic feature, with as good of rating and performance, at a lower cost around $400 is the Taurus 24/7

Both have 15 rnd clips, standard, in .40 cal or 17 rnd capacity in 9mm.
.40 cal has a higher theoretic knock down capacity, but 9mm is a slighly faster muzzle velocity.

Both rounds are as common as the .45 cal S&W which is a slower muzzle velocity and less clip capacity.

Both of these have field ratings, durability and stress testing, every bit as good, or better than Glock; both have had better safety features than Glock, and both are far better balanced and ergonomic than Glocks.

Rule62: Don't take yourself too seriously.
IP Logged

Enoch8
LNF Senior Staffer6

Resistance

Reply #7 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
If you are not sure, then stick to a good revolver.
I like .357 mag. because you can also use .38 and a nice diversity of powder charges and ball weights.

IP Logged

Thankful Blessed
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
yeah there nice     also the Smith & Wesson MP 45 comes with extra tactical threaded barrel is a good buy too  also the rotary Smith & wesson 460 with 14 inch barrel is a monster look at that one its huge  10-4!

Enoch8 wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 2:43pm:
http://www.springfield-armory.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/XDM95259SHC_1200x78...

The Springfield XP lines are a great natural blance and ergonomic grips are interchangable.
Unlike similar Glocks, when you point it, the balance is already in good natural elevation on the target.
The typical price ranges are about $7 or $800, typically.

For a similar ergonomic feature, with as good of rating and performance, at a lower cost around $400 is the Taurus 24/7

http://www.taurususa.com/images/imagesThumbs/247_G240B_15_01.jpg

Both have 15 rnd clips, standard, in .40 cal or 17 rnd capacity in 9mm.
.40 cal has a higher theoretic knock down capacity, but 9mm is a slighly faster muzzle velocity.

Both rounds are as common as the .45 cal S&W which is a slower muzzle velocity and less clip capacity.

Both of these have field ratings, durability and stress testing, every bit as good, or better than Glock; both have had better safety features than Glock, and both are far better balanced and ergonomic than Glocks.

IP Logged

Enoch8
LNF Senior Staffer6

Resistance

Reply #9 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
I like S&W for revolvers.

I did not like the handling and feel of the semi autos.

Do a sight check, balance and handling comparison by simply doing the following:

Pick up the firearm and extend arm in a right to left or left to right sweeping motion or simply raise the gun and point it at the target.
Now look down the sights to see if the natural balance is 1. on target 2. low or 3. high.

I found with this simple test, that most semi autos will tend to be naturally low.... whereas I found both the Spingfield XD and Taurus 24/7 were naturally the correct elevation, without having to adjust my natural point and shooting style.

One other point I liked about .40 cal is the diversity of availability of different charges, ball weights and types of ammo for different purposes, much like 357 revolvers.

Nothing like a good .357 mag. for consitancy in target grouping, for a 'Heavy'.

Light weight stuff, like purse or pocket guns, I would select a short barreled revolver, for ease of concealment and fast dependability. What would you recommend as far as .cal size?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereThe House › What are You're favorite handguns?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog