Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEconomics, Financial News › Investors: Time to buy Russia?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Investors: Time to buy Russia? (Read 4,484 times)
patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Investors: Time to buy Russia?
Jan 2nd, 2015 at 12:22am
Print Post  

Whatsa matter
- you CHICKEN?????

........braaaaaaaack...brack brack brack....braaaaack....

IP Logged

Phillip 2.0
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Investors: Time to buy Russia?
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 12:30am
Print Post  
If I buy Russia, will I be able to see Sarah Palin's house from my porch?

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Phillip 2.0 wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 12:30am:

Why yes.. yes you can.  And in doing so you will have special foreign policy superpowers bestowed upon you by the ghost of Ronald Reagan.

IP Logged

Netcong
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 7:27am
Print Post  
Phillip 2.0 wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 12:30am:

In her Sept. 11 interview with ABC's Charlie Gibson, Sarah Palin had this to say about Russia: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska." Is that true?

http://www.slate.comska.html

Yes. Russia and Alaska are divided by the Bering Strait, which is about 55 miles at its narrowest point. In the middle of the Bering Strait are two small, sparsely populated islands: Big Diomede, which sits in Russian territory, and Little Diomede, which is part of the United States. At their closest, these two islands are a little less than two and a half miles apart, which means that, on a clear day, you can definitely see one from the other. The Diomede Islands are often blanketed by persistent fog, which makes visibility difficult. On a clear day, though, a person standing at sea level can see a little less than three miles across the ocean. You can see farther if you go higher—at the highest altitude on Little Diomede (919 feet), you can see for about 37 miles. (Between mid-December and mid-June, when the water between the two islands freezes, an intrepid explorer can just walk from one to the other.)

Slate is a left-leaning United States English language online current affairs and culture magazine created in 1996 by former New Republic editor Michael Kinsley, initially under the ownership of Microsoft as part of MSN.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slate_(magazine)

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #4 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 7:30am
Print Post  
Quote:
In her Sept. 11 interview with ABC's Charlie Gibson, Sarah Palin had this to say about Russia: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska." Is that true?

http://www.slate.comska.html

Yes. Russia and Alaska are divided by the Bering Strait, which is about 55 miles at its narrowest point. In the middle of the Bering Strait are two small, sparsely populated islands: Big Diomede, which sits in Russian territory, and Little Diomede, which is part of the United States. At their closest, these two islands are a little less than two and a half miles apart, which means that, on a clear day, you can definitely see one from the other. The Diomede Islands are often blanketed by persistent fog, which makes visibility difficult. On a clear day, though, a person standing at sea level can see a little less than three miles across the ocean. You can see farther if you go higher—at the highest altitude on Little Diomede (919 feet), you can see for about 37 miles. (Between mid-December and mid-June, when the water between the two islands freezes, an intrepid explorer can just walk from one to the other.)

Slate is a left-leaning United States English language online current affairs and culture magazine created in 1996 by former New Republic editor Michael Kinsley, initially under the ownership of Microsoft as part of MSN.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slate_(magazine)

This is a strange phenomenon where a parody of Palin (on SNL) actually serves as the direct quote from Palin in the memory of literally millions of people.

I don't know if there is another example of this phenomenon.

BowHunter wrote on Feb 3rd, 2017 at 5:08pm:
I am no longer indulging assholes.

IP Logged

Netcong
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 7:51am
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 7:30am:
This is a strange phenomenon where a parody of Palin (on SNL) actually serves as the direct quote from Palin in the memory of literally millions of people.

It's called liberal distortion and hatred of anyone or anything which doesn't tow their line.

Ironically it's Slate a left wing site that actually sets the record straight but it doesn't the stop trolls and the ignorant here from perpetuating it.

Certainly Tina Fey's career was enhanced by it while she too continues to perpetuate it proving the liberals seldom tell the truth even when the facts fly in their faces.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #6 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Uhhhh....... any investors up to buying Russian stocks?

IP Logged

Thor3
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 1:04am:
Why yes.. yes you can.  And in doing so you will have special foreign policy superpowers bestowed upon you by the ghost of Ronald Reagan.

Was trying to give herself some military and foreign policy credibility when she said you can see Russia from an island in Alaska. Unfortunately for her, she had zero control over the defense of US airspace - that is run Federally.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 7:30am:

You know these leftist, strawman arguments is all they need to say it's true.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Netcong
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Was trying to give herself some military and foreign policy credibility when she said you can see Russia from an island in Alaska. Unfortunately for her, she had zero control over the defense of US airspace - that is run Federally.

Read reply # 3 then try extricating yourself from here:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEconomics, Financial News › Investors: Time to buy Russia?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog