Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereMilitary Forum, History, Guns, Survival topics › I'm Memorizing The Whole Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death " Speech
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) I'm Memorizing The Whole Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death " Speech (Read 12,383 times)
Exp_Patriot
Ex Member

I'm Memorizing The Whole Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death " Speech
Jan 2nd, 2015 at 8:21am
Print Post  
For those that don't know, this was one of our first 'faults' as a country.

School children were often required for a few succeeding generations after the AMERICAN REVOLUTION to memorize ALL or at least the very important parts of his" Give me Liberty or Give me death" speech. It's more than memorizing it, it's taking it to heart also.

Like anything that's given to you, the appreciation  faded overtime.

This, American's is the very Heart and soul to be an American!

I personally know a great patriot who has the whole speech memorized. He's also a WWll veteran. Very inspiring.

Guess what, If our children were taught this, we wouldn't have a whole lot to talk about and definitely wouldn't  put up with this BS of today. Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2015 at 8:29am by »  

IP Logged

mercutio24
Ex Member

Re: I'm Memorizing The Whole Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death " Speech
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 8:28am
Print Post  
Quote:
Guess what, If our children were taught this, we wouldn't have a whole lot to talk about and definitely wouldn't  put up with this BS of today. Wink

That's wildly speculative and vague.

IP Logged

Netcong
Ex Member

Re: I'm Memorizing The Whole Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death " Speech
Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 8:29am
Print Post  
Quote:
For those that don't know, this was one of our first 'faults' as a country.

School children were often required for a few succeeding generations after the AMERICAN REVOLUTION to memorize ALL or at least the very important parts of his" Give me Liberty or Give me death" speech. It's more than memorizing it, it's taking it to heart also.

Like anything that's given to you, it faded overtime.

This, American's is the very Heart and soul to be an American!

I personally know a great patriot who has the whole speech memorized. He's also is a WWll veteran. Very inspiring.

One would want students to learn this. However they can't even say the Pledge of Allegiance or a prayer without controversy.  We punish the majority to please the will of the minority.  Those that disagree with the pledge or the mention of God certainly can remain silent, yet we see the trend each and every day.  It's called political correctness.

IP Logged

Exp_Patriot
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 8:31am
Print Post  
Quote:
That's wildly speculative and vague.

So much so, it's responsible for you here and right now on this very forum.

But you didn't know that. Wink

IP Logged

mercutio24
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Quote:
So much so, it's responsible for you here and right now on this very forum.

But you didn't know that. Wink

No, I did not know that your claim about the educational value of a Patrick Henry speech was so wildly speculative and vague that it is responsible for me "here and right now on this very forum."

Huh

I assume you just misunderstood what I meant, and are not actually this completely insane.

IP Logged

Thor3
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Quote:
One would want students to learn this. However they can't even say the Pledge of Allegiance or a prayer without controversy.  We punish the majority to please the will of the minority.  Those that disagree with the pledge or the mention of God certainly can remain silent, yet we see the trend each and every day.  It's called political correctness.

1. Because nothing says 'patriotism'  and 'freedom' like a mandatory loyalty oath.

2. You are free to kiss your god's ass any time you wish. In a public school, it means the teacher can't lead the prayer.

IP Logged

Netcong
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 8:43am
Print Post  
Quote:
No, I did not know that your claim about the educational value of a Patrick Henry speech was so wildly speculative and vague that it is responsible for me "here and right now on this very forum."

Huh

I assume you just misunderstood what I meant, and are not actually this completely insane.

Here's a novel idea.  Ex Patriot gave an opinion as to whether it should or should not be memorized. He suggested it's his opinion that it would be helpful to do it.  Why don't you point out the pitfalls of merely reading it if not fully memorizing it.  Explain the harm in reading and if inclined,  memorizing a part of American history.  You know actual American history not the new written type.

IP Logged

Netcong
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 8:47am
Print Post  
Quote:
1. Because nothing says 'patriotism'  and 'freedom' like a mandatory loyalty oath.

2. You are free to kiss your god's ass any time you wish. In a public school, it means the teacher can't lead the prayer.

You're free to kiss my ass until you can give an actual hate-less reply.  The pledge can be said in public schools.  Those that do not wish to participate are free not to.  Those that wish not to say "under God" are free not to as well.

By the way, the pledge isn't a prayer.  You might consider looking up mandatory. Hardly a mandatory burden to stand up when it's being recited and remain silent if you don't agree.   Better yet ask to leave the room.

I'm sure dipshits like you enjoy the freedom that comes with those that died in a patriotic manner for your freedom to act like an asshole on a daily basis on a message board where one acts so tough hiding behind a monitor.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2015 at 8:52am by »  

IP Logged

mercutio24
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 8:47am
Print Post  
Quote:
Here's a novel idea.  Ex Patriot gave an opinion as to whether it should or should not be memorized. He suggested it's his opinion that it would be helpful to do it.

And I found it speculative and vague. That's why I called it speculative and vague. He can either elaborate, or he can decide he doesn't care what I think and move on.

IP Logged

Netcong
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 8:51am
Print Post  
Quote:
And I found it speculative and vague. That's why I called it speculative and vague. He can either elaborate, or he can decide he doesn't care what I think and move on.

Elaborate as to why. Did you read it?  Better yet did you understand it? Did you get anything out of it?  If not, why do you think that you didn't?  On a side note was it necessary to say he was insane or would we all be better served if you actually elaborated on why it makes him insane to suggest it? I didn't see him address you in that manner.

Use a few examples as to why it's a waste of time.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2015 at 9:06am by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereMilitary Forum, History, Guns, Survival topics › I'm Memorizing The Whole Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death " Speech
LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog