Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereMilitary Forum, History, Guns, Survival topics › I'm Memorizing The Whole Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death " Speech
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) I'm Memorizing The Whole Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death " Speech (Read 12,399 times)
Exp_Patriot
Ex Member

Re: I'm Memorizing The Whole Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death " Speech
Reply #40 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Quote:
Rabbit is an Iraq veteran. Pound sand.

Yeah?   And the thousands of other Iraq veterans? Are they different?

Quote:
Re: I'm Memorizing The Whole Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death " Speech

Pist thor.... here is the title of my thread.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #41 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You got that right.

No. I got it wrong. Purposefully. You are using "moot" incorrectly.

Quote:
I watched you go around and around like the wheels on the bus go round and round with other posters with a whole a lot of NADA..

You amigo, have absolutely did nothing that I can see for your country in your 15,000 post.

You have read 15,000 posts from me? That's sort of a stalker move, EP.

Quote:
Here is the title of my thread. You don't like it then go **** yourself! 

It's not so much that I don't like it as much as I think it's stupid.

If you have a problem with people pointing your stupid ideas out on a public forum designed to discuss political issues, then I suggest you stop posting here.

Quote:
If you want to know what wrong with America, just look in the mirror Wink

Okay. Memorize a speech, then that way if anybody ever needs those words, you'll have them available slightly quicker than a child with access to google.

I'm talking fractions of a second here, which might mean the difference between life and death.

BowHunter wrote on Feb 3rd, 2017 at 5:08pm:
I am no longer indulging assholes.

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #42 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I remember being threatened with expulsion for not participating in the Pledge at a public school. It taught me an important lesson that remains with me today, although I am fairly certain it was not the lesson our ex-marine principal intended to teach me.

Was it the lesson that government force and authority should not be used to infringe on the rights of free, peaceful people?

IP Logged

Just An Independent Bishop
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So much so, it's responsible for you here and right now on this very forum.

But you didn't know that. Wink

Are you serious, or just mocking a real man who would never have had pride in being a parasite? Are you ready for the inevitable then?

"The war is inevitable--and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come.

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #44 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 10:25pm
Print Post  

Quote:
What does that have to do with the price of the bananas?

Do you need it spelled out for you?

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #45 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
2. You are free to kiss your god's ass any time you wish.

It is called prayer, Thor. 

Most of the great minds of history have been in its favor.

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

Thor3
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 1:06am
Print Post  
Frank1 wrote on Jan 3rd, 2015 at 10:53pm:
It is called prayer, Thor. 

Most of the great minds of history have been in its favor. 

Until the wrong people are leading the prayers.

IP Logged

Exp_Patriot
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 8:08am
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Jan 3rd, 2015 at 12:49pm:

If you have a problem with people pointing your stupid ideas out on a public forum designed to discuss political issues, then I suggest you stop posting here.

Okay. Memorize a speech, then that way if anybody ever needs those words, you'll have them available slightly quicker than a child with access to google.

I'm talking fractions of a second here, which might mean the difference between life and death.

Quote:

Still on that? Correction 'irrelevant'. Feel better?
Quote:

Okay, I don't agree. Now shove it up your ass.

Quote:

Wow!  No I haven't. But I suspect you haven't started a thread titled "Is the Gig/JIG up" ? So in other words you want to debate endlessly.

Quote:

No, I don't have a problem with it. I expect it. However , this was not my original idea. That is undeniable. It's history.

Quote:

I get it. You don't believe in taking it to heart. That's fine. you're not welcome at my table.
If I would take you to one of my 'Oath keeper' meetings you would me rip and ridiculed for a lot of your views. These are  x-military men.

Shame on you sir!

« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2015 at 8:14am by »  

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #48 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 3:19pm
Print Post  

Demos wrote on Jan 3rd, 2015 at 10:25pm:
Do you need it spelled out for you?

Apparently so.

Quote:
What does that have to do with March 23, 1775? What does that have to do with a pact 'St John Catholic Church' In Richmond Virginia? You know, one that had people standing outside and looking in the Church windows even? One that left all there simply speechless? One that turned 'Moderates' into 'radicals' such as George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.

This entire quote is emblematic of what I was getting at with my questions. Your romanticization of Henry and this period has left you blind to the controversies, etc. which existed between the Founders.

For example, Henry was opposed by more conservative members of the Convention, such as Peyton Randolph, Richard Bland, Edmund Pendle- ton, Robert Carter Nicholas, and George Wythe (among others). Even after readying the militia, these gentlemen worked to diffuse some of Henry's attempts to initiate military conflict, such as the Gunpowder Incident (where Henry led the militia to forcibly reclaim the gunpowder seized by Gov Dunmore, but the situation ended in the negotiated payment for the gunpowder).

Also, neither George Washington or Madison ever became radicals (e.g, again with regards to the Gunpowder Incident, Washington advised against Henry's military action). And Jefferson was more radical in his views than Henry (see the debate on religious liberty).

Memorizing a speech doesn't really impart understanding. You complain that students aren't taught this, but teaching them to memorize a speech leads to the same issues we see here - a romanticization of history rather than a faithful understanding of it.

You also say, "If our children were taught this, we wouldn't have a whole lot to talk about and definitely wouldn't  put up with this BS of today." This ignores the debate and differing views of this period with the pretense that everyone agreed.

BTW, St. John's was not, and is not, a Catholic Church.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereMilitary Forum, History, Guns, Survival topics › I'm Memorizing The Whole Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death " Speech
LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog