Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Netanyahu: Obama's Deal 'Paves Iran's Path to the Bomb'
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Netanyahu: Obama's Deal 'Paves Iran's Path to the Bomb' (Read 4,381 times)
Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Netanyahu: Obama's Deal 'Paves Iran's Path to the Bomb'
Reply #60 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Enoch8 wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 1:33pm:
Fine. You have that right.
There is plenty of precidence for such invitations, not the least of which was an address by Winston Churchill.

Besides, this was not behind the President's back. Congress has that power and POTUS had plenty of advance notice.

Actually it WAS behind the Presidents back:

Quote:
House Speaker John Boehner says he didn’t tell the White House about inviting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to address a joint meeting of Congress because he “wanted to make sure there was no interference” from the administration.

President Barack Obama “doesn’t quite understand that we’re trying to strengthen his hand,” Boehner told host Chris Wallace in an interview aired on “Fox News Sunday.”

“There’s no secret here in Washington about the animosity that this White House has for Prime Minister Netanyahu,” the Ohio Republican said. “I, frankly, didn’t want that getting in the way and quashing what I thought was a real opportunity.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/john-boehner-defends-netanyahu-invitation-...

Quote:
The President should have taken it as an opportunity, to gain the confidence of Congress and the People. Instead, he lost the opportunity, by insisting, his way and only his way, is important. He has to live with that sad choice. Worse yet, now we all have to live with his foolish decision to act like a child who took his ball and bat home, because he got 'Called out', on the play.

That is what is childish.

The 55 boycotters was disgraceful.

Nancy Pelosi's behavior was contemptable and utterly disgusting.

Also, in 1941, Winston Churchill came to the United States as a guest of FDR.

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/churchill/wc-sword.html

Greg

&&&&"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Phillip 2.0
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #61 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
glen65 wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:56am:
That's real cute phil, but you weren't referring to my original post.
You were referring to this one...

You then posted as though I thought the was clip was referring to Iran.
I didn't suggest the video was about Iran. I simply told you I seen the video (separated with a comma) then went on to asked you about Iran.

No you didn't,
You didn't actually state a reason at all. The only thing you "clearly" did was laugh in one post and misinterpret what I said in another. So are we supposed to piss all over Netanyahu today and forget about Iran because of that clip about Iraq from 13 years ago?

Actually, I did give a reason. The video was about Iraq, of which my views of that situation have been pretty thoroughly discussed here, Mr. Chuckles.

IP Logged

Phillip 2.0
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #62 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 10:16am:
Well Attorney Chuckles it's like this.  That "stupid clip" of Netanyahu testifying before the House helped lead to the deaths of 4400 US service members and over 32,000 wounded.  Now he's back before Congress with more reasons to get more Americans killed.  HE wants US to do the heavy lifting.  HE wants US to take out whatever threat Iran may be.  It is my view that HE wants US to get our people killed and spend our money to neutralize Iran.  Chuckles, if I bought a car from a guy in 2002 and that car turned out to be a lemon.... I wouldn't buy a car from the same guy again. 

Greg

He wants us to do the heavy lifting because he knows there are plenty of derpers in the U.S. Government that would blindly give Israel billions upon billions of dollars without caring about the accountability of how that money is used. And hey, it's not welfare if it's going out of the country, right?  Grin Grin

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #63 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Phillip 2.0 wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:12pm:
Actually, I did give a reason. The video was about Iraq, of which my views of that situation have been pretty thoroughly discussed here, Mr. Chuckles.

No, you just laughed..

Phillip 2.0 wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 12:01am:
Grin Grin Grin

While one can assume why, you gave no clear explanation for it.

IP Logged

Phillip 2.0
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #64 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
glen65 wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:24pm:
No, you just laughed..

While one can assume why, you gave no clear explanation for it.

I laughed because it was about Iraq, of which I pointed out. You shouldn't let basic stuff go over your head while you are micro analyzing, Chuckles.

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #65 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Phillip 2.0 wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:13pm:
He wants us to do the heavy lifting because he knows there are plenty of derpers in the U.S. Government that would blindly give Israel billions upon billions of dollars without caring about the accountability of how that money is used. And hey, it's not welfare if it's going out of the country, right?  Grin Grin

As with Greg you make it look as though that Netanyahu's speech was a war cry, not the case.

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #66 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Phillip 2.0 wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:25pm:
I laughed because it was about Iraq, . of which I pointed outYou shouldn't let basic stuff go over your head while you are micro analyzing, Chuckles.

Maybe so, but earlier you were claiming to have made your reasoning for the laughter clear, when you did no such thing. 

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #67 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
glen65 wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:29pm:
As with Greg you make it look as though that Netanyahu's speech was a war cry, not the case.

Again, baloney.  You didn't hear what everybody else heard now did you...

Quote:
“But the second thing he said was that at the end and I think you can understand why he came,” Krauthammer continued. “He said, if we have to, we will act alone meaning, he is telling the Congress, if this deal is enacted or if it begins to through, we reserve the right to attack Iran on our own. And I think what he did here is he tried to show the world that he would have the support of the Congress if that happened because we know the administration has been discouraging that, arguing against it and in some way sabotaging the very idea of an Israeli attack. But I think what he did — he got standing ovation when he said Israel would act alone. What he was saying I came here we will show the world have to act, if we do, we want the support to the Congress and he wanted to show the world that he did. Those were two very important elements.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/03/03/krauthammer-netanyahu-showed-he-would-...

(CC loves Brietbart....)

Greg

&&&&"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #68 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:37pm:
Again, baloney.  You didn't hear what everybody else heard now did you...

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/03/03/krauthammer-netanyahu-showed-he-would-...

(CC loves Brietbart....)

Greg

No, I watched it unfiltered and free of opinionated injections by the press.  Wink
http://www.c-span.org/video/?324609-2/israeli-prime-minister-benjamin-netanyahu-...

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #69 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:10pm:
Actually it WAS behind the Presidents back:

Also, in 1941, Winston Churchill came to the United States as a guest of FDR.

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/churchill/wc-sword.html

Greg

Ever heard of the term, co-equal branches.  Nothing states that the Speaker MUST inform the President.  They can invite whomever they desire.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Netanyahu: Obama's Deal 'Paves Iran's Path to the Bomb'

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog