Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › CEO Pay Is Not Rising Faster Than Pay For Average Workers
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) CEO Pay Is Not Rising Faster Than Pay For Average Workers (Read 1,726 times)
Harry For Bert Preservation
Ex Member


Re: CEO Pay Is Not Rising Faster Than Pay For Average Workers
Reply #20 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Quote:
New pick up trucks 45,000.00?  they need to bring down the cost of products and make better quality then maybe people could afford vehicles and give then business.


There is no inflation. Obama told me so. I know it to be true. Truth is objective.
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
*****
Online

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Posts: 29,896
Location: Houston
Joined: Apr 6th, 2008
Gender: Male
Re: CEO Pay Is Not Rising Faster Than Pay For Average Workers
Reply #21 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Quote:
According to the article posted less then 20% of the CEO's actually "work". The other 80% rely on stocks, dividends, etc.

So if you are paid in stocks and dividends you do not work?

How does that follow?

How you are paid is a separate issue from what you are paid to do.
  

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Harry For Bert Preservation
Ex Member


Re: CEO Pay Is Not Rising Faster Than Pay For Average Workers
Reply #22 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Quote:
According to the article posted less then 20% of the CEO's actually "work". The other 80% rely on stocks, dividends, etc.


In other words, 80% of CEOs take no salary at all, and instead rely on their efforts in building the company to make a living.

Truth is subjective.
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Just An Independent Bishop
Ex Member


Re: CEO Pay Is Not Rising Faster Than Pay For Average Workers
Reply #23 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
In other words, 80% of CEOs take no salary at all, and instead rely on their efforts in building the company to make a living.

Truth is subjective.



You didn't actually read the article, as usual, thus you don't have a clue as to what you are speaking about, as usual.
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Harry For Bert Preservation
Ex Member


Re: CEO Pay Is Not Rising Faster Than Pay For Average Workers
Reply #24 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You didn't actually read the article, as usual, thus you don't have a clue as to what you are speaking about, as usual.


I responds to your post. Did I err? Please elucidate.
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Just An Independent Bishop
Ex Member


Re: CEO Pay Is Not Rising Faster Than Pay For Average Workers
Reply #25 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 11:55am:
So if you are paid in stocks and dividends you do not work?

How does that follow?

How you are paid is a separate issue from what you are paid to do.


And if you are paid to do nothing, is that relevant?

So, why is the CEO paid so much more then the worker who your idols say actually create the wealth?

http://management.about.com/cs/generalmanagement/a/CEOsOverpaid.htm
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
*****
Online

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Posts: 29,896
Location: Houston
Joined: Apr 6th, 2008
Gender: Male
Re: CEO Pay Is Not Rising Faster Than Pay For Average Workers
Reply #26 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:
And if you are paid to do nothing, is that relevant?

So, why is the CEO paid so much more then the worker who your idols say actually create the wealth?

http://management.about.com/cs/generalmanagement/a/CEOsOverpaid.htm


First off, everyone who works is doing their part in creating wealth. Let's not take an unduly narrow view of labor and wealth creation.

Secondly, this is all beside the point.

I am still trying to figure out where this came from :

Quote:
According to the article posted less then 20% of the CEO's actually "work". The other 80% rely on stocks, dividends, etc.


Just because only 20% receive a money salary, it does not follow that the other 80% do no work. The form of your pay is not indicative of your productivity. The over all sum, on the other hand, is.

It's these sorts of leaps in logic that leave me utterly confused.
  

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint
 
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › CEO Pay Is Not Rising Faster Than Pay For Average Workers

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room





Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules