Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Hillary - this email thing is looking worse and worse
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Hillary - this email thing is looking worse and worse (Read 2,701 times)
forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Hillary - this email thing is looking worse and worse
Mar 4th, 2015 at 9:01am
Print Post  
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The computer server that transmitted and received Hillary Rodham Clinton's emails — on a private account she used exclusively for official business when she was secretary of state — traced back to an Internet service registered to her family's home in Chappaqua, New York, according to Internet records reviewed by The Associated Press.

The highly unusual practice of a Cabinet-level official physically running her own email would have given Clinton, the presumptive Democratic presidential candidate, impressive control over limiting access to her message archives. It also would distinguish Clinton's secretive email practices as far more sophisticated than some politicians, including Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin, who were caught conducting official business using free email services operated by Microsoft Corp. and Yahoo Inc.

http://news.yahoo.com/clinton-ran-own-computer-system-121721814.html

---

Wow.  At first I thought she had made the same boneheaded mistake Sarah Palin did and used a public email provider as a back-stop for her official communications.  Which would have made her stupid and careless, especially given that her husband would doubtless have told her not to -- he was famous for never using email.

But now?  This?  Running her own private email server out of her house?  For official government communications?  And using google as a backup email provider, which has been hacked in the past by China????

This is more than stupid.  You can forget about benghazi, fellas, this is the thing that will do her in, unless she does some fancy footwork to walk this all back.

I haven't been here in days, but wanted to post a thread on this, since I didn't see one.  Apologies if this is redundant...

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Hillary - this email thing is looking worse and worse
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Once she's elected President, NOW they can impeach her!

Greg

&&&&"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Enoch8
LNF Senior Staffer6

Non-Violent Non-Compliant
Resistance

Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Let's get this out of the way.

Bush made me do it.

Rule62: Don't take yourself too seriously.
IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #3 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 10:52am
Print Post  
This wasn't just a mistake or an indiscretion.  She apparently had this system set up on the DAY of her confirmation.  She apparently read the regulations and determined that she was (narrowly) within the law by conducting official business through private email systems.  BUT, to stay within the letter of the law, she had to PRESERVE the archive.  That part of the rules was written to give leeway to people stationed in places where they couldn't get access to their official accounts, or to new employees, etc.  It wasn't intended as a back-door to the HEAD of the state department.

Now, her defense is that they assumed all their correspondence with other government officials would be preserved through THEIR archival policies.  Which is bullshit.  The rules require HER to archive, not for her to rely on other archives.  To say nothing of communications outside the US government.

I was pissed with W when he did it -- he had a whole second email system set up within the white house, and we never did get to those archives.  (Are you IRS-conspiracy guys paying attention?)  And I'm pissed now that Hillary did it, from DAY ONE of her term.

I *really* hope she doesn't get the dem nomination now, because I don't know if I can support this crap.

Excuse my french.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 11:30am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 9:01am:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The computer server that transmitted and received Hillary Rodham Clinton's emails — on a private account she used exclusively for official business when she was secretary of state — traced back to an Internet service registered to her family's home in Chappaqua, New York, according to Internet records reviewed by The Associated Press.

The highly unusual practice of a Cabinet-level official physically running her own email would have given Clinton, the presumptive Democratic presidential candidate, impressive control over limiting access to her message archives. It also would distinguish Clinton's secretive email practices as far more sophisticated than some politicians, including Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin, who were caught conducting official business using free email services operated by Microsoft Corp. and Yahoo Inc.

http://news.yahoo.com/clinton-ran-own-computer-system-121721814.html

---

Wow.  At first I thought she had made the same boneheaded mistake Sarah Palin did and used a public email provider as a back-stop for her official communications.  Which would have made her stupid and careless, especially given that her husband would doubtless have told her not to -- he was famous for never using email.

But now?  This?  Running her own private email server out of her house?  For official government communications?  And using google as a backup email provider, which has been hacked in the past by China????

This is more than stupid.  You can forget about benghazi, fellas, this is the thing that will do her in, unless she does some fancy footwork to walk this all back.

I haven't been here in days, but wanted to post a thread on this, since I didn't see one.  Apologies if this is redundant...

She won't get in any major trouble over this if at all. Those emails could say she was selling nuclear
secrets to the Iranians and it wouldn't matter. 

IP Logged

Just An Independent Bishop
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 1:14pm
Print Post  

So, Hillary broke the law, and Colin Powell did not?

http://rt.com/usa/237433-powell-clinton-personal-email/

Hillary Clinton wasn’t the only secretary of state to use a personal email address while working at the State Department – Colin Powell also did so while serving under President George W. Bush. But a new report suggests neither may have acted illegally.

According to a report by Politico, an unidentified aide to Powell confirmed that the former secretary of state used a personal email account while working at Foggy Bottom. The aide added that Powell “generally” sent emails to State Department employees by way of their official government accounts, and that “he did not take any hard copies of emails” after he left office in 2005.

“He was not aware of any restrictions nor does he recall being made aware of any over the four years he served at State,” the statement to Politico reads. “He sent emails to his staff generally via their State Department email addresses. These emails should be on the State Department computers. He might have occasionally used personal email addresses, as he did when emailing to family and friends.”

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #6 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
In this case, Hillary did it systematically.  Using a private email host is one thing.  Setting up your own personal private host from your first day on the job is another.  She also went against Obama's explicit guidance -- he had directed that all official govt email be conducted via official accounts.

While what she did might be technically within the law, she has been in clear violation of the spirit of the law.  And yes, I was aware that prior administrations had been doing this secret-email thing, but I had hoped we could move beyond that.  Hillary is a good ten years behind in terms of policy.  And it makes her look like she knew she'd be hiding information, even from government archivists with security clearances, right from day one.

I'm just really disappointed.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

Enoch8
LNF Senior Staffer6

Resistance

Reply #7 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So, Hillary broke the law, and Colin Powell did not?

http://rt.com/usa/237433-powell-clinton-personal-email/

Hillary Clinton wasn’t the only secretary of state to use a personal email address while working at the State Department – Colin Powell also did so while serving under President George W. Bush. But a new report suggests neither may have acted illegally.

According to a report by Politico, an unidentified aide to Powell confirmed that the former secretary of state used a personal email account while working at Foggy Bottom. The aide added that Powell “generally” sent emails to State Department employees by way of their official government accounts, and that “he did not take any hard copies of emails” after he left office in 2005.

“He was not aware of any restrictions nor does he recall being made aware of any over the four years he served at State,” the statement to Politico reads. “He sent emails to his staff generally via their State Department email addresses. These emails should be on the State Department computers. He might have occasionally used personal email addresses, as he did when emailing to family and friends.”

So?

Is he running for President?

Bush did it....... cheney.... halliburton..... colin powell.... bush..... cheney.... halliburton......

More of the same, must be okay. Everyone else takes heroine and crack, Dad. Why should't I?

What difference at this point, does it make?

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #8 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
$20 says in 2016 this will be "Gone with the Wind" with most of the country and she'll be on the ballot.
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2015 at 5:23pm by JohnnyBgood »  

IP Logged

Enoch8
LNF Senior Staffer6

Resistance

Reply #9 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 1:49pm:
$20 says in 2016 this will be "Gone with the Wind" with most of the country and she'll be on the ballet.

True dat.

She is amazing at getting away with stuff that others, like Martha Stewart, as one example, went to prison for.

Good example of the fact, that just because other criminals get away with crimes, does not mean you do not get convicted of crime, if you get caught in criminal activity.

Other guys are doing it too, is not a defense.

But, no way in hell would I take that bet, unless you are offering some really long odds on that $Twenty.  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Hillary - this email thing is looking worse and worse

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog