Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Hillary - this email thing is looking worse and worse
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Hillary - this email thing is looking worse and worse (Read 2,703 times)
TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Re: Hillary - this email thing is looking worse and worse
Reply #10 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
I suppose this is a big deal but I think using the office to lobby for the interests of certain large corporate interests is the bigger scandal.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Just An Independent Bishop
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:07pm:
I suppose this is a big deal but I think using the office to lobby for the interests of certain large corporate interests is the bigger scandal.

Since when did that become a "scandal"? And was it worse then using the "office" to lobby for an unConstitutional, and unnecessary war any better especially when Powell knew he was lying?

IP Logged

Just An Independent Bishop
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Enoch8 wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 1:47pm:
So?

Is he running for President?

Bush did it....... cheney.... halliburton..... colin powell.... bush..... cheney.... halliburton......

More of the same, must be okay. Everyone else takes heroine and crack, Dad. Why should't I?

What difference at this point, does it make?

Point is your hypocrisy. Hillary is not running yet, although she probably will. Powell was also considered to be a candidate in his time. People, such as yourself, can make up all kinds of excuses for your preferred ones.

And if all politicians were tried for their wrongdoings we would have none in office.

IP Logged

Enoch8
LNF Senior Staffer6

Non-Violent Non-Compliant
Resistance

Reply #13 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Point is your hypocrisy. Hillary is not running yet, although she probably will. Powell was also considered to be a candidate in his time. People, such as yourself, can make up all kinds of excuses for your preferred ones.

And if all politicians were tried for their wrongdoings we would have none in office.

That's right. The point IS your hypocracy.
Who are my preferred ones?

The fact is, this was not against the law, which will be Hillary's argument.
That said, It was passed later as an ethics violation of the law, AFTER Hillary had already set up her account.

Powell is irrelevant. Criminals who got away with crime are not relevant to the existing case. "He did it too", is no defense for ethics violations, much less criminal act.

Hillary, should have taken her private account down after the Ethics law was passed. Bush also had a problem with this same thing and they had to clean it up, once it was pointed out to them, this is a problem.

Again, I ask you: "Who are my preferred ones?"

Your ass-um-ation, is another strawman, anyway. Good luck with battling those windmills you are creating in your own head.

Rule62: Don't take yourself too seriously.
IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #14 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:51pm
Print Post  

Quote:
Hillary is not running yet, although she probably will. Powell was also considered to be a candidate in his time. People, such as yourself, can make up all kinds of excuses for your preferred ones.

The only time Powell was considered as a potential candidate was in 1996 and 2000, so any thing he did in Bush 43's administration wouldn't have had any bearing, unless he had run in 2008 or 2012, which he didn't.

Nice try though.
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:59pm by Demos »  

IP Logged

Enoch8
LNF Senior Staffer6

Resistance

Reply #15 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:07pm:

Yup. Ellis MacDougal went to prison for her and ol' Slick.
Stewart went to prison for much less.

We have not yet even touched on the logistics incompetance, of running secured and classified, in some case, national interests, left vulnerable to enemies of the public.

IP Logged

Phillip 2.0
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #16 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 1:49pm:
$20 says in 2016 this will be "Gone with the Wind" with most of the country and she'll be on the ballet.

I would much prefer if Hillary didn't do ballet.

IP Logged

Enoch8
LNF Senior Staffer6

Resistance

Reply #17 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Phil...... ROTFLMAO...... @ your signature photo.

IP Logged

PeterR
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Phillip 2.0 wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:53pm:
I would much prefer if Hillary didn't do ballet.

Don't get your tutu in a bunch, Phyllis, your spot on the roster of the corps de ballet is safe.

Says the guy who "lost his shit after January 20, 2009."
(Or, am I the “guy who shit his pants on 9/11 and spent the entire GWOT behind the safety of his monitor”?  I can never remember.)

"He was born with the gift of laughter and the sense that the world was mad."

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #19 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Since when did that become a "scandal"? And was it worse then using the "office" to lobby for an unConstitutional, and unnecessary war any better especially when Powell knew he was lying?

It became a scandal the moment it was made public information.

As to your second question, there is no way to answer in a fashion that is not purely arbitrary.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Hillary - this email thing is looking worse and worse

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog