Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Dr. Ben Carson Argues Being Gay Is 'Absolutely' a Choice
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Dr. Ben Carson Argues Being Gay Is 'Absolutely' a Choice (Read 2,860 times)
Redbeard
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama- he lies!!

Dr. Ben Carson Argues Being Gay Is 'Absolutely' a Choice
Mar 4th, 2015 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Dr. Ben Carson said being gay is "absolutely" a choice, just hours after launching an exploratory committee for 2016. The renowned neurosurgeon-turned-conservative-celebrity said prisons prove this theory, in an interview with CNN that aired on Wednesday morning. "A lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight and when they come out, they're gay. So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question," he said
Carson's hard-right politics and bold stances like this have made him a darling of the far right. His stance on gay marriage isn't new (previously he's aligned homosexuality with bestiality, pedophilia and murder) but it highlights why his presidential ambitions put the GOP in such a pickle: With a majority of Americans supporting gay marriage, fielding a Republican candidate who is so blatantly hostile to homosexuality is a great way to send swing voters packing.
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/dr-ben-carson-argues-being-gay-abs...

Boy the left is really going to hate him now!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

Greg!

IP Logged

Phillip 2.0
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Dr. Ben Carson Argues Being Gay Is 'Absolutely' a Choice
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Carson is going to be 2016's Rick Santorum and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Perhaps Mr. Carson views his preference between men and woman as just a mere choice, but we are not all bi-curious or bi-sexual, like him.

One does not choose their preferences as such. They are what they are.

Whether or not one acts on their sexual preferences is another matter.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #3 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Redbeard wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 6:57pm:

He's an idiot then. You can't choose to get an erection for a man. Can anyone here say they can choose to get an erection for a man if they wanted to?

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #4 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Redbeard wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 6:57pm:

This has nothing to do with left right, or anything about politics.

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #5 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
There is plenty of right homo's out there. Well maybe one difference. They hide in the closet.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:07pm:
He's an idiot then. You can't choose to get an erection for a man. Can anyone here say they can choose to get an erection for a man if they wanted to?

You can't choose?  I have a daughter who was gay, was in a relationship for about 3 years with another woman and then decided to date men.  That pretty much tells me that is choice.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #7 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:10pm:
You can't choose? I have a daughter who was gay, was in a relationship for about 3 years with another woman and then decided to date men. That pretty much tells me that is choice.

Woman don't have to get an erection to have sex. Look it up, but its not in the bible.

Your daughter like most women are bi-sexual. Yes she chooses which to have a sexual relationship. However that does not mean her sexual attraction for women is gone just because you told her she's going to hell. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Phillip 2.0
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Interesting, Seawolf essentially stated that attraction to the opposite sex is also a choice. So, where exactly does that leave the whole "natural" thing at?

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:13pm:
Woman don't have to get an erection to have sex. Look it up, but its not in the bible.

Your daughter like most women are bi-sexual. Yes she chooses which to have a sexual relationship. However that does not mean her sexual attraction for women is gone just because you told her she's going to hell. Roll Eyes

Actually, that was a piss poor attempt to explain it away. So because women don't have penises they are not prone to be gay? Logic is lacking. If you want to believe that it is not choice go ahead but based on what I have seen, it is purely choice in my opinion.  Also, no, I have not told her she is going to hell because of that.  You see, it is sin condemns us.  You seem to be lacking the understanding of God's law and our state.  Will gladly discuss this with you in the religion forum.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Dr. Ben Carson Argues Being Gay Is 'Absolutely' a Choice

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog