Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Will you apologize to Darren Wilson?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Will you apologize to Darren Wilson? (Read 4,015 times)
Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Re: Will you apologize to Darren Wilson?
Reply #20 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 2:08pm
Print Post  

Redbeard wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 11:43pm:
All this crap caused the loss of his career

Did he lose his peace officer license?

Serious question, because I honestly have seen anything on whether or not he has. If lost his license, then yes, he won't be able to be hired as an officer in another city or town. If he didn't, then he could go somewhere else in the state and be hired (he might not be, because of the publicity, but he could be).

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #21 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 2:05pm:
And when you consider the fact that Mr. Wilson is a copper, and an agent of the state, there is a real "conflict of interest" which undermines the credibility of the Justice Department.

Spot on!  Another argument for privatization.

Hell, we can even subsidize these new private law enforcement entities so us democrats can continue to be taxed and won't be too put off.   Wink

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #22 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 2:14pm
Print Post  

Jasmine wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 12:59am:
Darren Wilson wasn't even put on trial. Not enough evidence. And race boy Eric Holder and the U.S. Justice Dept. were dying to find something to convict him on, and also came up empty.

First, let me preface what I'm about to say by noting that I haven't read the report yet (and I don't know if I will read the entire thing, probably just summaries of it).

Now, that being said, the Justice Department's decision to not seek charges against Wilson could've been a political decision rather than an issue of not having enough evidence. Or it could be both (grand juries are pretty pliable, so they could probably get an indictment and take him to trial, but lose the case).

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #23 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 2:14pm:
Spot on! Another argument for privatization.

Hell, we can even subsidize these new private law enforcement entities so us democrats can continue to be taxed and won't be too put off. Wink

You lost me there!

I'm ok with taxing the democrats because they obviously consent to it but the subsidy would most likely disrupt the competitive process in some way and so the tax revenues should simply be burned and or deleted, so that they can do no harm.

First, "do no harm" and all that jazz!

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #24 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 2:29pm:
You lost me there!

I'm ok with taxing the democrats because they obviously consent to it but the subsidy would most likely disrupt the competitive process in some way and so the tax revenues should simply be burned and or deleted, so that they can do no harm.

First, "do no harm" and all that jazz!

Grin

Fair enough, but don't get me wrong.  I only get warm fuzzies when everyone else is taxed too, especially everyone else.

How can we pay these new officers enough for the new responsibility and liability they'll be saddled with? 

If police officer already seemed like a crappy job and by all accounts, it is, how will be working for your local McPolice Department INC. be any more attractive?

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

Harry For Bert Preservation
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 2:08pm:
Did he lose his peace officer license?

Serious question, because I honestly have seen anything on whether or not he has. If lost his license, then yes, he won't be able to be hired as an officer in another city or town. If he didn't, then he could go somewhere else in the state and be hired (he might not be, because of the publicity, but he could be).

Unicorns are also a possibility.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #26 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 2:44pm:
Grin

Fair enough, but don't get me wrong. I only get warm fuzzies when everyone else is taxed too, especially everyone else.

How can we pay these new officers enough for the new responsibility and liability they'll be saddled with?

If police officer already seemed like a crappy job and by all accounts, it is, how will be working for your local McPolice Department INC. be any more attractive?

Well, they would be paid through contracts with private property owners, landlords, insurance companies, HOA's, townships, etc.

The additional liability that the individual officers face is not something they should be compensated for. Rather than simply continuing on as before, with this massive new liability, you would see a wholesale change in the way the police interact with people.

When the moral hazard is removed, you will see less risky behavior.

Police officers would be mindful not to break the law, for the consequences would be grave, just as they are for us.

So there is no reason for individual officers to be compensated for the liability they face regarding actions that are unlawful for those are precisely the actions that we deem undesirable and therefore wish to minimize.

It's not like being a police officer necessarily requires the use of unlawful acts.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #27 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Are you going to appologize for not participating in a war you wanted?

Are you going to apologize for slandering the Haditha Marines?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #28 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Let's be honest, the left will NEVER apologize when wrong. In all my years on this forum they will slander in a heartbeat and can never be found anywhere when the truth reveals they rushed to judgement and all the libs say amen.
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2015 at 4:03pm by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #29 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 3:50pm:
Let's be honest, the left will NEVER apologize when wrong. In all my years on this forum they will slander in a heartbeat and can never be found anywhere when the truth reveals they rushed to judgement.

*Cough cough*  Benghazi  *Cough*...

Greg

&&&&"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Will you apologize to Darren Wilson?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules