Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Will you apologize to Darren Wilson?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Will you apologize to Darren Wilson? (Read 4,019 times)
Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Re: Will you apologize to Darren Wilson?
Reply #30 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 2:55pm:
Well, they would be paid through contracts with private property owners, landlords, insurance companies, HOA's, townships, etc.

The additional liability that the individual officers face is not something they should be compensated for. Rather than simply continuing on as before, with this massive new liability, you would see a wholesale change in the way the police interact with people.

When the moral hazard is removed, you will see less risky behavior.

Police officers would be mindful not to break the law, for the consequences would be grave, just as they are for us.

So there is no reason for individual officers to be compensated for the liability they face regarding actions that are unlawful for those are precisely the actions that we deem undesirable and therefore wish to minimize.

It's not like being a police officer necessarily requires the use of unlawful acts.

Surely I would agree, but for instance, the WA state patrol consistently struggles to meet it's new recruit quotas to replace retiring officers every year.† I imagine other departments can struggle with recruiting as well.

We need to either raise pay or somehow make it more attractive for educated people to take the job.†

The real solution is of course robots.† If we can take that human, mistake prone element out of it, like in surgery, we'd all be better off.† Robots should drive for us too.  Shooting and driving by robot could save humanity.

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #31 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 4:03pm:
*Cough cough*† Benghazi† *Cough*...

Greg

ROFL!  Sorry, I don't live in your fantasy.   Grin  Afterall, there is a bit of a new issue of Clinton and her violation of federal law by having her own server and email.  So now we need to know what was on her server IF she has not already deleted those emails.  Amazing the corruption of the Clintons and people like you who want her in office.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Possibly Logical
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #32 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
I have personally apologized to Wilson for each bad thing I said about him.

IP Logged

Thor3
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 3:49pm:
Are you going to apologize for slandering the Haditha Marines?

Are you going to appologize for beating your wife?

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #34 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Are you going to appologize for beating your wife?

Are you going to apologize for butchering the English language?

"This is MY house now!"

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #35 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 5:56am
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 12:47am:
OJ Simpson also needs an apology right? He was acquitted once too.

Nah, he was accused of killing two white people and wasn't called racist.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #36 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 6:02am
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 1:11am:
So he was never brought to trial, why bother to apologize?† Not like he was inconvenienced really.† Oj on the other hand had to sit through months of trial and even forced to put on the alleged murderers gloves!† EWEEE!† Who knows where they've really been?

So ya, apologize to OJ first.†

Not inconvenienced?  He lost his job.  Perhaps that's not an "inconvenience" to you, but it can be a big problem to a lot of people.  It was to us when mr crepe lost his job and couldn't find one for six months.  That's how we ended up where we live.  There were jobs down here. 

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #37 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 6:09am
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 2:55pm:
Well, they would be paid through contracts with private property owners, landlords, insurance companies, HOA's, townships, etc.

The additional liability that the individual officers face is not something they should be compensated for. Rather than simply continuing on as before, with this massive new liability, you would see a wholesale change in the way the police interact with people.

When the moral hazard is removed, you will see less risky behavior.

Police officers would be mindful not to break the law, for the consequences would be grave, just as they are for us.

So there is no reason for individual officers to be compensated for the liability they face regarding actions that are unlawful for those are precisely the actions that we deem undesirable and therefore wish to minimize.

It's not like being a police officer necessarily requires the use of unlawful acts.

What unlawful act did Officer Wilson commit?  Under your scenario, what unlawful acts are you talking about?  You really lost me on this one.  This is really a HUH? to me.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #38 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 6:11am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 4:03pm:
*Cough cough*† Benghazi† *Cough*...

Greg

Why are you bringing hillery into the conversation?

IP Logged

Reload
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Oj case compared to Wilson case apples and oranges.

Proven Abusive husband† with his wife {the deceased}telling Mrs Jenner kardashian if she dies OJ did it .PROOF OF ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP!† Proof of intent to kill premeditated murder. But verdict by a JURY DECISION OF† Selected JURY of certain people from public society who could decide either way by personal choice and worried consciences.

Wilson went to work never knowing before or seeing Bad guy criminal and did NOT have premeditated† intent to kill someone that day other than being prepared as a trained law enforcement officer to do his job at keeping the peace.Ending up that day having to defend himself for fear of losing his life.† NO JURY ! But PROFESSIONAL educated LAW Profesionals schooled and trained in Law Who's decision TWO times found Mr Wilson innocent.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Will you apologize to Darren Wilson?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules