Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Republican, 85, pushes for marijuana legalization
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Republican, 85, pushes for marijuana legalization (Read 1,226 times)
TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Republican, 85, pushes for marijuana legalization
Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
I enjoy this lady's spunky approach and thought I would share it in the hopes of enlightening those few republicans and conservatives who still believe in prohibition.

Quote:
First things first - she is no hippie grandma waxing lyrical about those three days of peace and music in upstate New York. In a world of boomers who can get all misty eyed over their lost youth and that first magic puff, she is what she has always been - a conservative Republican who believes in an ordered society that does not tolerate abortion or a bloated federal government.

In other words, 85-year-old Ann Lee stands in sharp relief from what most imagine as a typical advocate for marijuana reform. Her memories of the 1960s are those of a middle-age Houston housewife tending to a husband and five sons while helping to build grass-roots support for a surging Texas GOP. Rock 'n' roll? No, thanks. Woodstock? Sorry, doesn't ring a bell.

Lee still believes in law and order, but today she talks about bad laws, or one bad law in particular. Her profile as a cannabis advocate has brought her national attention, something she sees as only a good thing. Lee is unflinching and unrelenting when discussing why no Republican, no matter how conservative, should support continued criminal laws against a plant that has medical benefits and no downside worthy of demonization.

"If you are a true Republican, you cannot be for marijuana prohibition," Lee said in her southwest Houston home that she has lived in since 1968. "I don't find a disconnect between the party and what I believe."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/politics/us/article/Republican-85-pushes-fo...

Open Trade, Open Borders, Taco Trucks on Every Corner

IP Logged

Phillip 2.0
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Republican, 85, pushes for marijuana legalization
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Once you're 85, there's little reason not to just blaze up all the time.  Grin

IP Logged

POPEYE the SAILOR MAN
LNF Majority Leader

I am what I am and Thats
all I am

Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
It's time!

Way to long being a crime.

The alcohol and prescription drug industry has kept this a crime for long enough.

Will their lobbyist up the ante?

Will they give in?

I HILLARY I remember landing under sniper fire." There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, "but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.

Toot TooT

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #3 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
POPEYE the SAILOR MAN wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:36pm:
It's time!

Way to long being a crime.

The alcohol and prescription drug industry has kept this a crime for long enough.

Will their lobbyist up the ante?

Will they give in?

They won't give in.

The prisons, big pharma, the cops & the DEA, the alcohol industry, and even the banks that launder the profits, they all know that their livelihood is bound up with keeping this substance illegal.

They will not give up this subsidy.

So we must take it from them. And tell them to get f***** while we do it.

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #4 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
WA state grannies lighting up for the first time.  I love how even though it's her first time, the first grannie to take a hit becomes the instant expert.

"You need more." She tells the next gal as she helps her light it. 

"Put your whole face over that. Do it like you mean it!"  She says as she helps the next gal take a hit.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

Phillip 2.0
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #5 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:45pm:
WA state grannies lighting up for the first time. I love how even though it's her first time, the first grannie to take a hit becomes the instant expert.

"Put your whole face over that. Do it like you mean it!" She says as she helps the next gal take a hit. Grin Grin Grin Grin

So awesome Smiley

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #6 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:45pm:
WA state grannies lighting up for the first time. I love how even though it's her first time, the first grannie to take a hit becomes the instant expert.

"Put your whole face over that. Do it like you mean it!" She says as she helps the next gal take a hit. Grin Grin Grin Grin

I don't know about you, but watching these individuals smoke this illicit substance offends me for I am scared of the harm they might do to others.

So we need someone around to forcibly restrain these women, cage them in a cell, and then make them pay a large fine or spend long stretches of time behind bars.

If they do not cooperate then they should be tased, beaten, man-handled, shot, and even killed, if that is what it takes to protect society from their potential aggression.

At the very least we have the right as a community to make the law however we want it to be. Considerations of fairness, equity, liberty, the rule of law should have no bearing on the collective will, and it's iron fist.

(yea- that was sarcasm)

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Reply #7 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:55pm:
I don't know about you, but watching these individuals smoke this illicit substance offends me for I am scared of the harm they might do to others.

So we need someone around to forcibly restrain these women, cage them in a cell, and then make them pay a large fine or spend long stretches of time behind bars.

If they do not cooperate then they should be tased, beaten, man-handled, shot, and even killed, if that is what it takes to protect society from their potential aggression.

At the very least we have the right as a community to make the law however we want it to be. Considerations of fairness, equity, liberty, the rule of law should have no bearing on the collective will, and it's iron fist.

(yea- that was sarcasm)

Was totally tracking ya.'   Grin

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #8 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:59pm:
Was totally tracking ya.' Grin

Figured as much.

Though some of us seem to have a block to sarcasm. I find it interesting.

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Reply #9 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 4:03pm:

Figured as much.

Though some of us seem to have a block to sarcasm. I find it interesting.

No doubt, have to be super obvious about it sometimes.  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Republican, 85, pushes for marijuana legalization

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules