Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Animal Encounter Training for Law Enforcement
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Animal Encounter Training for Law Enforcement (Read 620 times)
Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Animal Encounter Training for Law Enforcement
Mar 11th, 2015 at 10:10am
Print Post  

Quote:
Dog shootings prompt pet owners, cops to lobby lawmakers for police training

The House Homeland Security and Public Safety Committee on Tuesday considered two of three bills filed by North Texas representatives that would require cops receive training for encounters with animals. The bills were left pending.

The proposal emerges as controversial dog shootings have grabbed headlines. Since 2009, Texas cops have shot more than 400 dogs, according to data collected by the animal advocacy group 4 Keeping Our Pets Safe.

Law enforcement representatives told lawmakers the traininga course that teaches cops how to deal with aggressive dogs and read an animals body language, among other thingscould prevent officers from being attacked and save families the grief of unnecessary shootings.

Canine encounter training will help fill this void and provide officers with effective options and valuable knowledge to use when we come into contact with dogs while performing our regular duties, said Amy Knoll, assistant chief for the Cleburne Police Department.

One of the bills, authored by Rep. Helen Giddings, D-Dallas, would require all officers to receive training in encounters with animals. Another, authored by Rep. Nicole Collier, D-Fort Worth, would focus solely on dogs and require new officers and officers seeking promotion to complete a 4-hour training program within two years.

Source

When I read about this, it made me think of this from the Chappelle Show. Hence why I'm posting the story.

IP Logged

BangOn
Ex Member

Re: Animal Encounter Training for Law Enforcement
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Made me think of the recent news where Burlington, IA police officer Jesse Hill, while trying to shoot a familys dog, missed and shot an unarmed Mother in her chest, killing her in front of her child.

No charges filed of course.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-kill-family-dog-kills-woman-instead-front-h...

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2015/02/27/burlingt...

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
I won't say how I really feel about all this because to do so would put me on a list.

Open Trade, Open Borders, Taco Trucks on Every Corner

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Ha ha! I thought this thread was going to be about training police who serve in the ghetto neighborhoods.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Look at the police officers point of view. Everyday they are surrounded by uncertainty and possible death! Let's face it, it's an evil and nefarious world.

When called to a home with dogs instinctually barking at the strangers, it's perfectly understandable that the officers would shoot to kill, let's face it, shooting guns is fun. It's like icing on the cake if you can make whatever you were shooting at splurt blood. Target practice is for rookies, real officers shoot family pets.

I should also mention just how much damn fun it is to shoot sht. I don't blame the officers in the least.
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:00pm by Capt. Lola B.S.C. »  

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Animal Encounter Training for Law Enforcement

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules