Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Disappointed in Rand Paul
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Disappointed in Rand Paul (Read 2,155 times)
Queshank
Ex Member

Re: Disappointed in Rand Paul
Reply #10 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 1:00pm:
And Ron Paul never won anything outside of a Congressional election.

Rand isn't going to win by being his father.

He doesn't have to because he's already not his father based on his age and his charisma.

Which is all that Ron Paul had against him.  His lack of charisma and his advanced age. 

The movement is big enough that if Ron were 10 years younger he could be a contender.  And it's because of his integrity that he drew so many leftists like myself.  Sans integrity he doesn't even make a ripple on Guy Fawke's day.

Rand needs to be very careful with his integrity if he wants to win the general.  Because I think that's the only thing that will attracts enough reasonable center and left of center votes.  Staunchly claiming to be a Constitutionalist and then doing something that can easily be construed as a Constitutional violation may be red meat to the base but it starts to rot and stink about the time of the general elections.  (See what I did there!? Are you not entertained!?!?  Damn that's corny)

Queshank

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #11 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 3:20pm
Print Post  

Quote:
Which is all that Ron Paul had against him. His lack of charisma and his advanced age.

That's not why Ron Paul lost a U.S. Senate race in 1984. Like I said, he's never won any thing outside of a Congressional election, and age and charisma (or lack thereof) aren't the reasons.

Quote:
The movement is big enough that if Ron were 10 years younger he could be a contender.

If the movement were big enough, his age wouldn't matter.

Quote:
And it's because of his integrity that he drew so many leftists like myself.

Did you vote in the 2008 or 2012 Republican primary?

Quote:
Rand needs to be very careful with his integrity if he wants to win the general.

If Rand wants to win the general, he has to win the Republican primary first.

Quote:
Staunchly claiming to be a Constitutionalist and then doing something that can easily be construed as a Constitutional violation may be red meat to the base but it starts to rot and stink about the time of the general elections.

Do you really think constitutional arguments will be a big issue in the campaign, particularly if Hillary is running?

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #12 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
I applaud Rand Paul and everyone who signed the letter. I hope no agreement is reached with those sand monkeys.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #13 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 3:41pm:
I applaud Rand Paul and everyone who signed the letter. I hope no agreement is reached with those sand monkeys.

Why?

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #14 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 3:55pm:
Why?

Greg

Because those worthless sand monkeys can never be trusted. Better to wipe them out than appease them.

IP Logged

Queshank
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 3:20pm:
That's not why Ron Paul lost a U.S. Senate race in 1984. Like I said, he's never won any thing outside of a Congressional election, and age and charisma (or lack thereof) aren't the reasons.

I think charisma played big against him in 1984 as well.

Quote:
If the movement were big enough, his age wouldn't matter.

Yes it would, because a movement has to gather mainstream support.  And the age of a presidential candidate is a factor in whether or not it can.  You'd probably know better than I but I'm gonna pester you about it until you explain why it's not a factor, especially when coupled with his charisma issues Smiley

Quote:
Did you vote in the 2008 or 2012 Republican primary?

As many times as I've harped about my experiences in the 2008 Republican primaries as a delegate for Ron Paul I'm surprised you're asking.  Ron Paul was done in primarily by his supporters, and watching it play out at town hall meetings had a pretty big impact on me.

I just invalidated my own point.  I see it now.  Integrity gathered nuts.  Integrity means beans in the elections when that's the result. 

Quote:
If Rand wants to win the general, he has to win the Republican primary first.

But lessons need to be learned from McCain.  If you go too far in the primaries you lose the general.

Rand didn't need the support of signing onto this letter to win the primaries. 

Quote:
Do you really think constitutional arguments will be a big issue in the campaign, particularly if Hillary is running?

You can rest your case with this.  I see your point.

Queshank

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #16 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 4:00pm:
Because those worthless sand monkeys can never be trusted. Better to wipe them out than appease them.

And how do you propose they be wiped out?

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #17 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 4:23pm
Print Post  

Quote:
I think charisma played big against him in 1984 as well...

Yes it would, because a movement has to gather mainstream support...

You'd probably know better than I but I'm gonna pester you about it until you explain why it's not a factor, especially when coupled with his charisma issues.

Paul's been running on the same message for President since 1988, when he ran as a Libertarian; he's failed to gather mainstream support at any time during those years. Paul's problem is that his message was never appealing to Republican primary voters for better or worse.

I don't know why you think Paul has charisma issues. He's more charismatic than George H. W. Bush, John McCain or Mitt Romney - all of whom won the Republican nomination (and one of whom won the general election).

As for age, McCain was 72 when he won the nomination in 2008; Paul was 73.

Quote:
As many times as I've harped about my experiences in the 2008 Republican primaries as a delegate for Ron Paul I'm surprised you're asking.

Well from about 2008 through 2010, I wasn't on here much, so I may have missed some of it.

Quote:
Ron Paul was done in primarily by his supporters...

Not sure why anyone would want them then. Wink

Quote:
I just invalidated my own point. I see it now. Integrity gathered nuts. Integrity means beans in the elections when that's the result.

Lol.

And yes, integrity is often not an issue in elections. If it was, most of the men who have been President would never have been sworn in.

Quote:
But lessons need to be learned from McCain. If you go too far in the primaries you lose the general.

On the other hand, I think the lengthy Democratic primary helped the Obama campaign and made them more ready for the general. McCain was just a bad candidate.

Quote:
Rand didn't need the support of signing onto this letter to win the primaries.

I'd argue otherwise. One of the concerns about Rand is that he may be too much like his father on foreign policy issues, and he is already being hit with the isolationist label, just as his father was (whether that's a correct or incorrect characterization is another debate).

That won't work in the 2016 Republican primary (it might have worked in 2000 when Bush campaigned against Clinton's use of the military).

So, this is Rand's way of staving off the obvious attacks of being an isolationist. And given some of his previous comments on Iran and challenging potential rivals, he can't come off in the primaries looking weak when dealing with what many Republicans see as an inherently evil state.

Quote:
You can rest your case with this. I see your point.

Victory!!!! Cool

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #18 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 4:11pm:
And how do you propose they be wiped out?

Greg

An unrelenting storm of bombs and missiles. Or maybe just a couple of bombs.

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Trumpublican

Reply #19 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
For signing that letter. That was a boneheaded move for someone who claims to be a Constitutional purist.

Queshank

How so? Kerry just admitted that the deal won't be legally binding.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Disappointed in Rand Paul

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules