Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › 'Hillary, please give us your server.... Pretty please? With sugar on top?'
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 'Hillary, please give us your server.... Pretty please? With sugar on top?' (Read 6,530 times)
Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: 'Hillary, please give us your server.... Pretty please? With sugar on top?'
Reply #20 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:17pm:
She wasn't a private citizen at the time she was Secretary of State, when she was using the server, and those are the records being requested. They're not requesting records that occurred after she left the office.

Maybe not, but there's the possibility it could happen.

Oh, I agree, but that still does not make her server government property simply because she was using it while she worked for the government. 

Sticky eh? 

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #21 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:31pm
Print Post  

Greg55_99 wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:24pm:
Oh, I agree, but that still does not make her server government property simply because she was using it while she worked for the government.Sticky eh?

Not really. As officials in Texas have found, if you're using a private device (such as Blackberry, etc.) or private account to conduct government business, you've opened it up to public information requests.

Quote:
The characterization of information as public information under the Act is not dependent on whether the requested records are in the possession of an individual, rather than a governmental body, or whether a governmental body has a particular policy or procedure that establishes a governmental bodys access to the information. If information was made, transmitted, maintained, or received in connection with a governmental bodys official business, the mere fact that the governmental body does not possess the information does not take the information outside the scope of the Act.

Source

I'd be surprised if the federal government did not have similar rules. And if it does go to court, the AP, etc. could probably use the precedents established at the state level to show they should have access.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #22 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:31pm:
Not really. As officials in Texas have found, if you're using a private device (such as Blackberry, etc.) or private account to conduct government business, you've opened it up to public information requests.

Source

I'd be surprised if the federal government did not have similar rules. And if it does go to court, the AP, etc. could probably use the precedents established at the state level to show they should have access.

That is true.  But again, they are sueing the State Dept, NOT Hillary Clinton.  If the State Dept releases ALL of Clinton's emails, they then will say "Sorry, that's all we got.  Go sue her if you want more". 

Sticky...

Greg

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #23 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:18pm
Print Post  

Greg55_99 wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:15pm:
That is true. But again, they are sueing the State Dept, NOT Hillary Clinton.

Because the State Department is the party and the maintainer of the records. This really isn't that sticky.

As the AP said: "State's failure to ensure that Secretary Clinton's governmental emails were retained and preserved by the agency, and its failure timely to seek out and search those emails in response to AP's requests, indicate at the very least that State has not engaged in the diligent, good-faith search that FOIA requires" (Source).

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #24 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:18pm:
Because the State Department is the party and the maintainer of the records. This really isn't that sticky.

As the AP said: "State's failure to ensure that Secretary Clinton's governmental emails were retained and preserved by the agency, and its failure timely to seek out and search those emails in response to AP's requests, indicate at the very least that State has not engaged in the diligent, good-faith search that FOIA requires" (Source).

Well, here's my question to you.  If, tommorow, Hillary Clinton took her server and put it under a steam roller and that sucker got mashed flat, what would be the consequences of that action?  Legal I mean.

Greg

IP Logged

Redbeard
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama- he lies!!

Reply #25 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:14pm:
But that's the issue as I see it. FOIA requests (and lawsuits) are directed at the government. Hillary Clinton is a private citizen and her server is private property. I can see this tussel dragging out for years with little or no result. Now, if a judge says "I don't believe you've turned over ALL of your official email to the State Dept and I want YOUR server to verify that", that's not likely to happen.

Greg

is it private when public records were stored on it? Huh Huh

Greg!

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #26 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:52pm
Print Post  

Greg55_99 wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:43pm:
Well, here's my question to you. If, tommorow, Hillary Clinton took her server and put it under a steam roller and that sucker got mashed flat, what would be the consequences of that action? Legal I mean.

I'd have do some research on that or ask an attorney. It appears she could be sanctioned by the court if she were given an order to turn over the server and did not, but this might only happen if she is eventually included as a party to the case (Source).

If she did do that, her bigger problem would be political, because of the obvious questions: why destroy it? What does she have to hide?

IP Logged

Redbeard
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama- he lies!!

Reply #27 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:15pm:
That is true. But again, they are sueing the State Dept, NOT Hillary Clinton. If the State Dept releases ALL of Clinton's emails, they then will say "Sorry, that's all we got. Go sue her if you want more".

Sticky...

Greg

Won't take a separate suit if the judge calls her in and requires her to turn it over. It can all be done through the 1 FOIA lawsuit, But I'll bet Judicial watch will cover all bets! They are pretty good at squeezing Information out of these jerks! Shocked Shocked

Greg!

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #28 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Redbeard wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:48pm:
is it private when public records were stored on it? Huh Huh

You are ASSUMING there are public records currently on it.  You don't know if there are. 

We need a special procecutor to find out!

Benghazi...

Greg

IP Logged

Redbeard
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama- he lies!!

Reply #29 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:53pm:
You are ASSUMING there are public records currently on it. You don't know if there are.

We need a special procecutor to find out!

Benghazi...

Greg

I am assuming nothing! There were public records on it by Hillary's admission which can open it to subpoena in a FOIA request to prove there are not any more on it.
I, however, Believe they have not only been deleted but scrubbed from the hard drive! There are some pretty sophisticated shredder programs that can make deleted documents almost imposable to recover. Undecided Undecided

Greg!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › 'Hillary, please give us your server.... Pretty please? With sugar on top?'

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules