Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Are we crazy?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Are we crazy? (Read 1,584 times)
Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Are we crazy?
Mar 11th, 2015 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
We have a law that must be changed. The law says that if you are born here, you are an American citizen. It should be that you have two legal American parents. Or at least one legal American parent.

And did you hear this one?

Feds Raid California 'Maternity Hotels' for Birth Tourists - NBC News ...Mar 3, 2015 ... ... hotels" for Chinese women who want made-in-America babies were raided
early Tues... ... in Irvine, California, which housed pregnant women and new
moms who ... pocketed hundreds of thousands of dollars tax-free to help Chinese
... to have the baby, but if you lie about your reasons for coming here, ...http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/feds-raid-california-maternity-hotels-birth-...

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Are we crazy?
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
It seems you want to modify the Constitution.

Yes?

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

BangOn
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 1:32pm:

Yes?

Greg

You say that as though modifying the Constitution were inherently negative.

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 1:32pm:

Yes?

Greg

In this case yes, legally. The way it is supposed to be done, not with the stroke of a pen. And I have to believe that even you can see that there is a flaw in that being born here makes you an American. It is a flaw that many people from other countries are taking advantage of. And when they do, they are taking advantage of you and me. We have laws, if people came here legally, become citizens, yes then there children are automatically citizens when born here. Sneaking over the border, skirting around our laws, no their children should not automatically be a citizen when born here. If you do not agree, why?
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:09pm:
In this case yes, legally. The way it is supposed to be done, not with the stroke of a pen. And I have to believe that even you can see that there is a flaw in that being born here makes you an American. It is a flaw that many people from other countries are taking advantage of. And when they do, they are taking advantage of you and me. We have laws, if people came here legally, become citizens, yes then there children are automatically citizens when born here. Sneaking over the border, skirting around our laws, no their children should not automatically be a citizen when born here. If you do not agree, why?
Smiley

Lots of countries have the same ruLe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jus_soli
France used to insist on military service for those born there even if to foreign parents, and who left in childhood.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 7:08pm:
Lots of countries have the same ruLe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jus_soli
France used to insist on military service for those born there even if to foreign parents, and who left in childhood.

Was just about to say this is not uniquely American, though clearly our prosperity attracts pregnant hookers from all over the world.

Importing hookers has never been a hot button issue for me.  Fast women are good women.

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

Lovefingers
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 12:52am
Print Post  
Couldn't hurt.

IP Logged

Thor3
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 7:10am
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 1:31pm:
We have a law that must be changed. The law says that if you are born here, you are an American citizen. It should be that you have two legal American parents. Or at least one legal American parent.

And did you hear this one?

Feds Raid California 'Maternity Hotels' for Birth Tourists - NBC News ...Mar 3, 2015 ... ... hotels" for Chinese women who want made-in-America babies were raided
early Tues... ... in Irvine, California, which housed pregnant women and new
moms who ... pocketed hundreds of thousands of dollars tax-free to help Chinese
... to have the baby, but if you lie about your reasons for coming here, ...http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/feds-raid-california-maternity-hotels-birth-...

Afraid of Brown People again?

You could always invade Mexico.

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Afraid of Brown People again?

You could always invade Mexico.

No, I am not afraid of any people because of their race what I have described is destroying my country financially, and with more crime than ever.
What I donít like is a dumb ass ni)er like you sticking your prejudiced race card in at every turn because that is all you know. Your kind, the kind my black friends call a ni(*er is an insult to the black race. Most are smarter than you are, and it shows. Get lost Thor, you are a waste of time.
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 5:09pm:
Smiley

I  have to agree with Archie on this one.  Seems to me merely being born here ought not make one a citizen.  The devil is always in the details, but this one bears looking at.

At the same time, I would opine that merely being a "natural born citizen" (whatever the heck that is) ought not make one any more eligible to  hold any elective office, including that of president, than being a naturalized citizen.  I know of plenty naturalized citizens MUCH more able to cast an intelligent vote and who love this country MUCH more than plenty of "natural born citizens."  So while we're screwing around with citizenship criteria, let's at least look at that, too.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Are we crazy?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules