Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Vote for firing squad shows frustration with drug shortages
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Vote for firing squad shows frustration with drug shortages (Read 5,101 times)
Redbeard
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama- he lies!!

Vote for firing squad shows frustration with drug shortages
Mar 11th, 2015 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A vote by Utah lawmakers to bring back executions by firing squad is the most dramatic illustration yet of the nationwide frustration over bungled executions and shortages of lethal-injection drugs.

Utah and several other states are scrambling to modify their laws on the heels of a botched Oklahoma lethal injection last year and one in Arizona in which the condemned man took nearly two hours to die. Meanwhile, Texas executed a Mexican mafia hit man Wednesday evening with its second-to-last dosage of drugs.

Utah Republican Gov. Gary Herbert has declined to say if he will sign the firing-squad bill, a decision that's not expected for a week or so.

"States are wondering which way to go, and one way is to send up a warning flag that if you don't allow us freedom in this lethal-injection area, we'll do something else," said Richard Dieter, executive director of the Washington, D.C.-based Death Penalty Information Center, which opposes capital punishment. "This might be a message rather than a preferred route of punishment."

States have struggled to keep up their drug inventories as European manufacturers opposed to capital punishment refuse to sell the components of lethal injections to U.S. prisons. The Texas deadline is the most imminent, but other states are struggling, too.

The Utah bill's sponsor, Republican Rep. Paul Ray, argues that a team of trained marksmen is faster and more humane than the drawn-out deaths involved when lethal injections go awry.
http://news.yahoo.com/utah-set-bring-back-death-sentence-firing-squad-072455403....

Huh Huh Huh
With death penalty opponents law suits and campaign against the drug manufactures, I suspect more states will bring back some of the old tried a true methods! I wonder if Florida will bring back old sparky? Outside of a few heads catching on fire it always worked pretty good!

Greg!

IP Logged

Lovefingers
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Re: Vote for firing squad shows frustration with drug shortages
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
On the upside MSNBC has something to talk about being that they have been dying for an alternative to Hillary's inability to do two things at once...

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 12:57am
Print Post  
Redbeard wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 11:21pm:
Huh Huh Huh
With death penalty opponents law suits and campaign against the drug manufactures, I suspect more states will bring back some of the old tried a true methods! I wonder if Florida will bring back old sparky? Outside of a few heads catching on fire it always worked pretty good!

Actually, the electric chair is still secondary method in those states that have one.  WA state still hangs people, or did before that glorious moratorium.  HUZZAH!

I find it terribly amusing that those same people that barely trust the government enough to deliver their mail, happily give that same government the legal authority to end a citizens life, some sentenced as children!  The U.S.  being the ONLY nation in the world that proscribed the death penalty for minors and the reason for all the hoopla now.

Capital Punishment must end.

"From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death," Justice Blackmun, the Court's 85-year-old senior member, wrote in an emotional, highly personal and solitary dissent from the Court's refusal to hear the appeal of a Texas inmate.

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

Lovefingers
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 12:59am
Print Post  
Target practice is always encouraged...

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:43am
Print Post  
I love the death penalty. Smiley

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Lovefingers
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:47am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:43am:

I always knew you were the outdoors type...

IP Logged

Reload
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 6:40am
Print Post  
"don't do the crime if ya cannot face the consequences and time"

Its a Wonderful idea. I think every state should do this and do it live on tv  and right after the perps walk out of court after found guilty ..10-4!

IP Logged

BangOn
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 8:16am
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 12:57am:
I find it terribly amusing that those same people that barely trust the government enough to deliver their mail, happily give that same government the legal authority to end a citizens life, some sentenced as children!

Here in glorious USA, justice system is perfect. Innocent man always go free. Only bad man get murdered by the state.

IP Logged

C L P
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 9:41am
Print Post  
maybe they could offer girl scouts that sell the most cookies the honor to do the  shooting ?

IP Logged

Fıddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #9 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:43am:

I don't .. but I'm sure it's a thing among the self-loathing..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Vote for firing squad shows frustration with drug shortages

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules