Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Vote for firing squad shows frustration with drug shortages
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Vote for firing squad shows frustration with drug shortages (Read 5,373 times)
EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: Vote for firing squad shows frustration with drug shortages
Reply #10 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
I never have understood why it's so hard and expensive to produce a "lethal cocktail" for humane executions.   Looks like an anesthetist could put the perp under and then poison the guy with enough cyanide or whatever to do  him in painlessly.  Or just way overdo the anesthesia.  Wouldn't that work?  I mean, they do it by accident occasionally, so  how hard could it be to do it on purpose?

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #11 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 12:49pm:
I never have understood why it's so hard and expensive to produce a "lethal cocktail" for humane executions. Looks like an anesthetist could put the perp under and then poison the guy with enough cyanide or whatever to do him in painlessly. Or just way overdo the anesthesia. Wouldn't that work? I mean, they do it by accident occasionally, so how hard could it be to do it on purpose?

First thing you ever said that makes sense.

Smiley

However, to try and make the criminals think twice before their rapes and murders of any kind, to know if they are caught they will be chained in a room with the family of the person they killed. And that family will have swords, machetes, flame throwers, clubs, acids, and a gun if they so choose to use it. The family should be the executioner.
Smiley
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:08pm:

Smiley

However, to try and make the criminals think twice before their rapes and murders of any kind, to know if they are caught they will be chained in a room with the family of the person they killed. And that family will have swords, machetes, flame throwers, clubs, acids, and a gun if they so choose to use it. The family should be the executioner.
Smiley
Smiley

First thing you ever said that made sense is in a thread concerning citizenship to which I just replied.  Between the two of us, we still don't make a decent moron, do we?

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #13 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
If I were being executed, I think I might prefer being shot while standing up over being injected while strapped to a gurney.  If 5 rifle bullets hit your heart at the same time, you're gonna feel a punch, but not pain, and you'll be unconcious in seconds.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:08pm:

Smiley

Smiley
Smiley

That's just WJWD, too, ain't it?   Smiley

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:36pm:
If I were being executed, I think I might prefer being shot while standing up over being injected while strapped to a gurney. If 5 rifle bullets hit your heart at the same time, you're gonna feel a punch, but not pain, and you'll be unconcious in seconds.

Never having taken five bullets in the heart at the same time, I can't really comment on what one would feel. I would think a punch at least, and if no pain, at least not a lengthy bout of it. Good hangings have that result, too, I am told, but I have never been hung, either.

Firing squads are a tad gory, but they generally happen outside, which makes cleanup easier. Even if inside, they can be done in a room with a concrete floor that has a gentle slope to a drain and has a faucet and garden hose available to wash away the gore.

I think I'd still prefer the drugs if they knock me out first, and I still don't see why that's so hard to do. I have had two surgeries that I knew NOTHING about after the general anesthesia, and I am pretty sure they did stuff to me that would have hurt like the devil if I had been conscious. And one time, before a brief outpatient surgery, I was told to take 2 pills about 2 hours prior. Didn't put me out, but it made me not care what happened to me. They could have cut my head off and I wouldn't have felt it, or cared.

I read some "famous last words" of criminals about to be executed recently. Some of them were really funny. If I can find it, I'll link it.

http://www.oddee.com/item_98739.aspx
found this link.  It has some of the ones I remember from the other one, but not all of them, and some in this one that were not in the other one. 

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #16 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:23pm:
First thing you ever said that made sense is in a thread concerning citizenship to which I just replied. Between the two of us, we still don't make a decent moron, do we?

At times, ha ha ha. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Freedom

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #17 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:10pm
Print Post  

Quote:
"don't do the crime if ya cannot face the consequences and time"

A lot of people didn't do the crime (Source).

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #18 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
From what I have heard about lethal injection, I'd rather face the firing squad too.

It's a much quicker death.

I'd prefer to have 2 or 3 guys training their sights on my heart area and another 2 on my computer.

No room for error.

Open Trade, Open Borders, Taco Trucks on Every Corner

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #19 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Here in glorious USA, justice system is perfect. Innocent man always go free. Only bad man get murdered by the state.

Oh ya, my bad.   Undecided

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Vote for firing squad shows frustration with drug shortages

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules