Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Vote for firing squad shows frustration with drug shortages
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Vote for firing squad shows frustration with drug shortages (Read 5,372 times)
Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Re: Vote for firing squad shows frustration with drug shortages
Reply #20 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:36pm:
If I were being executed, I think I might prefer being shot while standing up over being injected while strapped to a gurney. If 5 rifle bullets hit your heart at the same time, you're gonna feel a punch, but not pain, and you'll be unconcious in seconds.

You'd likely experience a good 10 seconds of awareness as you bleed out. It's probably one of the most painful, if also dramatic ways to be executed. 

The constitution says no cruel or unusual punishments, which lead to the invention of the electric chair as a failed attempt at making it not "cruel and unusual."  It's still both.

Honestly, the closest attempt at a truly painless way of going would be lethal injection.  It's essentially the same cocktail you'd get from a paramedic during a cardiac arrest. Essentially the best way to bring someone back that's having a cardiac arrest and is only mostly dead, is to make them all dead first.  We would essentially paralyze you, stop your heart chemically, and then hope to restart your heart on a normal rhythm with defibrillation. 

But the medical drugs doctors and medics use come from licensed and accredited pharmaceutical companies while, to save money, the inmates will get drugs manufactured by compounding pharmacies that aren't under the same regulations and questions to their efficacy have been raised often.

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

Redbeard
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama- he lies!!

Reply #21 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:03pm:
You'd likely experience a good 10 seconds of awareness as you bleed out. It's probably one of the most painful, if also dramatic ways to be executed.

The constitution says no cruel or unusual punishments, which lead to the invention of the electric chair as a failed attempt at making it not "cruel and unusual." It's still both.

Honestly, the closest attempt at a truly painless way of going would be lethal injection. It's essentially the same cocktail you'd get from a paramedic during a cardiac arrest. Essentially the best way to bring someone back that's having a cardiac arrest and is only mostly dead, is to make them all dead first. We would essentially paralyze you, stop your heart chemically, and then hope to restart your heart on a normal rhythm with defibrillation.

But the medical drugs doctors and medics use come from licensed and accredited pharmaceutical companies while, to save money, the inmates will get drugs manufactured by compounding pharmacies that aren't under the same regulations and questions to their efficacy have been raised often.

I've never understood why they don't put a person receiving lethal injection to sleep with gas prior to administering the drugs! With that said isn't it strange how the same anti death penalty crowd through protests, legal actions and boycotts are causing states to go back to the old tried and true methods used before lethal injection?
Hanging, firing squad and the electric chair have been upheld repeatedly by the courts as not being cruel and unusual punishment. I think the answer to the legal problems would be to sentence someone to the electric chair but offer them the choice of lethal injection if the chemicals are available!
Perhaps we could give then a list and let the inmate decide! Shocked Shocked

Greg!

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #22 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:03pm:

In my non-medical opinion, you'd pass out faster than 10 seconds -- all blood flow to your brain would stop immediately.  You might feel some pain, but it would be more shock and adrenaline for those first seconds, and then you're out.  Seems more dignified than being tied to a gurney.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Redbeard
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama- he lies!!

Reply #23 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:43am:
I love the death penalty. Smiley

Personally I think they should be used as crash dummies. Society could get something back from this human debris.
Shocked Shocked

Greg!

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #24 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
I have two problems with the death penalty, neither of which has anything to do with killing people who actually deserve the death penalty, and I think some do.

The problem is that some might not. The Innocence Project has shown that to be the case, anyway. I think the standards for imposing the death penalty should be more stringent than those for life without parole, frankly. You might put somebody away on life without parole, then find out you made a mistake, and you can at least let him or her out and maybe pay 'em something for their time, and expunge the conviction. But if you've already killed 'em, the mea culpa rings rather hollow.

The second is it costs too much. Not for the drugs, but for all the mandatory appeals. I know some will say it costs a lot to keep 'em incarcerated too, but does it really? Look at the number of people on death row compared to total prison population. It's insignificant. Probably would compute to something like .005% or some such. Whether they stay for life or get put to death immediately after sentencing (which ain't gonna happen, nor do I think it should), the total costs of incarcerating the entire population isn't going to change all that much.

I know of a county in a state that had to raise property taxes to pay for the defense of two indigent murderers about which there was no DOUBT, let alone a REASONABLE doubt, they were guilty. And the crimes weren't just murder. They were horrible in addition to being murder. Sadistic. Appeals would probably not have occurred if the sentence had been life without parole, and even if they had, they would not have consumed nearly the money that appeals of the death penalty did. And they're both still alive.

Plus I kind of like the idea of people like that rotting in prison.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Reply #25 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Redbeard wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 4:27pm:
I've never understood why they don't put a person receiving lethal injection to sleep with gas prior to administering the drugs! With that said isn't it strange how the same anti death penalty crowd through protests, legal actions and boycotts are causing states to go back to the old tried and true methods used before lethal injection?
Hanging, firing squad and the electric chair have been upheld repeatedly by the courts as not being cruel and unusual punishment. I think the answer to the legal problems would be to sentence someone to the electric chair but offer them the choice of lethal injection if the chemicals are available!
Perhaps we could give then a list and let the inmate decide! Shocked Shocked

The electric chair and firing squad causes mutilation and I insist on leaving a beautiful corpse, so that's out.

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Reply #26 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 4:35pm:
In my non-medical opinion, you'd pass out faster than 10 seconds -- all blood flow to your brain would stop immediately. You might feel some pain, but it would be more shock and adrenaline for those first seconds, and then you're out. Seems more dignified than being tied to a gurney.

That's the creepy thing! Even if your heart stops pumping blood, the oxygenated blood left in your brain will keep you conscious for about 10 seconds.

Consider the guillotine! You'd be lucky if the weight of the blade handle was sufficient to knock you unconscious, if not, enjoy your short life as a living head!

Audiences to guillotinings told numerous stories of blinking eyelids, speaking, moving eyes, movement of the mouth, even an expression of "unequivocal indignation" on the face of the decapitated Charlotte Corday when her cheek was slapped.

The following report was written by a Dr. Beaurieux, who experimented with the head of a condemned prisoner by the name of Henri Languille, on 28 June 1905:
Here, then, is what I was able to note immediately after the decapitation: the eyelids and lips of the guillotined man worked in irregularly rhythmic contractions for about five or six seconds. This phenomenon has been remarked by all those finding themselves in the same conditions as myself for observing what happens after the severing of the neck ...I waited for several seconds. The spasmodic movements ceased. [...] It was then that I called in a strong, sharp voice: "Languille!" I saw the eyelids slowly lift up, without any spasmodic contractions I insist advisedly on this peculiarity but with an even movement, quite distinct and normal, such as happens in everyday life, with people awakened or torn from their thoughts.Next Languille's eyes very definitely fixed themselves on mine and the pupils focused themselves. I was not, then, dealing with the sort of vague dull look without any expression, that can be observed any day in dying people to whom one speaks: I was dealing with undeniably living eyes which were looking at me. After several seconds, the eyelids closed again [...].It was at that point that I called out again and, once more, without any spasm, slowly, the eyelids lifted and undeniably living eyes fixed themselves on mine with perhaps even more penetration than the first time. Then there was a further closing of the eyelids, but now less complete. I attempted the effect of a third call; there was no further movement and the eyes took on the glazed look which they have in the dead.[29]

IP Logged

Redbeard
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama- he lies!!

Reply #27 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 7:18pm:
That's the creepy thing! Even if your heart stops pumping blood, the oxygenated blood left in your brain will keep you conscious for about 10 seconds.

Consider the guillotibe! You'd be lucky if the weight of the blade handle was sufficient to knock you unconscious, if not, enjoy your short life as a living head!

Audiences to guillotinings told numerous stories of blinking eyelids, speaking, moving eyes, movement of the mouth, even an expression of "unequivocal indignation" on the face of the decapitated Charlotte Corday when her cheek was slapped.

The following report was written by a Dr. Beaurieux, who experimented with the head of a condemned prisoner by the name of Henri Languille, on 28 June 1905:
Here, then, is what I was able to note immediately after the decapitation: the eyelids and lips of the guillotined man worked in irregularly rhythmic contractions for about five or six seconds. This phenomenon has been remarked by all those finding themselves in the same conditions as myself for observing what happens after the severing of the neck ...I waited for several seconds. The spasmodic movements ceased. [...] It was then that I called in a strong, sharp voice: "Languille!" I saw the eyelids slowly lift up, without any spasmodic contractions I insist advisedly on this peculiarity but with an even movement, quite distinct and normal, such as happens in everyday life, with people awakened or torn from their thoughts.Next Languille's eyes very definitely fixed themselves on mine and the pupils focused themselves. I was not, then, dealing with the sort of vague dull look without any expression, that can be observed any day in dying people to whom one speaks: I was dealing with undeniably living eyes which were looking at me. After several seconds, the eyelids closed again [...].It was at that point that I called out again and, once more, without any spasm, slowly, the eyelids lifted and undeniably living eyes fixed themselves on mine with perhaps even more penetration than the first time. Then there was a further closing of the eyelids, but now less complete. I attempted the effect of a third call; there was no further movement and the eyes took on the glazed look which they have in the dead.[29]

How about High Tech? Laser shot to the brain!! Grin Grin

Greg!

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Reply #28 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Redbeard wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 7:19pm:
How about High Tech? Laser shot to the brain!! Grin Grin

The electric chair is basically that.  Anything above about 30 amps will polarize and super heat brain tissue.  It essentially liquefies your brain practically instantaneously.  It's still cruel and unusual to murder innocent civilians, or at least those not properly convicted of a crime.  I trust big government enough to count my taxes and manage air traffic.  I do not trust such a man-made bureaucracy to hold such power.  Never ever.

IP Logged

Redbeard
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama- he lies!!

Reply #29 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 7:31pm:
The electric chair is basically that. Anything above about 30 amps will polarize and super heat brain tissue. It essentially liquefies your brain practically instantaneously. It's still cruel and unusual to murder innocent civilians, or at least those not properly convicted of a crime. I trust big government enough to count my taxes and manage air traffic. I do not trust such a man-made bureaucracy to hold such power. Never ever.

Well this thread is about method of execution not the right or wrong of it, but by your statement electrocution is the most painless?  Huh Huh

Greg!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Vote for firing squad shows frustration with drug shortages

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules