Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Atlanta cheating scandal teachers go to cells in hand-cuffs
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Atlanta cheating scandal teachers go to cells in hand-cuffs (Read 4,528 times)
glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Re: Atlanta cheating scandal teachers go to cells in hand-cuffs
Reply #60 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 12:31am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 8th, 2015 at 11:36pm:
Illegal activity TOOK place on Wall Street which cause the market to fall and the bail out.  And it does not matter if you have or have not condoned it.  The fact is that this judge has decided very harsh punishment on something that the government set up that was bound to fail.  Yes they ought to get fired and even lose their licenses to teach.  But sending them to jail is a waste of tax payer money.

You still fail to accept the full scope of what's occurred here, allowing the irrelevant wall street situation to blind your judgment in this. What you're suggesting is totally absurd given the situation. This was not just a case of fudging a few test scores. This was very much an organized affair involving hundreds of thousands of dollars in racketeering that goes back 14 years. Plus you need to consider the negative impact, of who knows how many students within that time. Students who would have been allowed to advance through school that weren't fully meeting the academic standards that are in place. What you propose would be a slap on the wrist given the full scope of this whole situation. 
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2015 at 9:52am by glen65 »  

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #61 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 9:35am
Print Post  
glen65 wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 12:31am:
You still fail to accept the full scope of what's occurred here, allowing the irrelevant wall street situation to blind your judgment in this. What you're suggesting is totally absurd given the situation. This was not just a case of fudging a few test scores. This was very much an organized affair involving hundreds of millions of dollars in racketeering that goes back 14 years. Plus you need to consider the negative impact, of who knows how many students within that time. Students who would have been allowed to advance through school that weren't fully meeting the academic standards that are in place. What you propose would be a slap on the wrist given the full scope of this whole situation. 

It was not hundreds of millions of dollars.  That is the point.

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #62 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 9:35am:
It was not hundreds of millions of dollars.  That is the point.

No, you said nothing to convey that specific point, you're just doing it now.
Plus the lower amount doesn't make what they did legal anyway. 
But I see where I made the error on the actual amount and will correct.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #63 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 10:04am
Print Post  
glen65 wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 9:52am:
No, you said nothing to convey that specific point, you're just doing it now.
Plus the lower amount doesn't make what they did legal anyway. 
But I see where I made the error on the actual amount and will correct.

Why are you arguing a point you know nothing about.  I have said in the past that it was not a lot of money.  Maybe a few thousand dollars extra merit pay.

Definition of Stupid: 

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #64 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 10:04am:
Why are you arguing a point you know nothing about. have said in the past that it was not a lot of money.  Maybe a few thousand dollars extra merit pay.

Oh but I do,
I've been trying to get you to see the whole scope and gravity of all of this.
But instead you persisted with using irrelevant comparisons, and tried to make the case
they simply should be fired and lose their licence, Ignoring the RICO law which they violated. You can try to downplay the amounts all you want, but that does not change what they did. This was an organized effort to make money covering up the academic shortfalls of students, to artificially boost the school's reputation. The negative consequences this can ultimately have on students, and the society in which they live, can't really be measured with a price tag.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #65 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
glen65 wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 11:12am:
Oh but I do,
I've been trying to get you to see the whole scope and gravity of all of this.
But instead you persisted with using irrelevant comparisons, and tried to make the case
they simply should be fired and lose their licence, Ignoring the RICO law which they violated. You can try to downplay the amounts all you want, but that does not change what they did. This was an organized effort to make money covering up the academic shortfalls of students, to artificially boost the school's reputation. The negative consequences this can ultimately have on students, and the society in which they live, can't really be measured with a price tag.

So tell me about the " This was very much an organized affair involving hundreds of millions of dollars in racketeering that goes back 14 years" that these teachers were involved in if you know so much about it as you claim Roll Eyes

Definition of Stupid: 

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #66 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 1:35pm:
So tell me about the " This was very much an organized affair involving hundreds of millions of dollars in racketeering that goes back 14 years"

This was not a situation where you just had some people acting independently from each other (without each others knowledge) fudging some test scores. The people involved were working together with each other in an organized manner when doing this. The activity they chose to engage in falls under the heading of racketeering, and is violation of RICO. This whole thing was something that dates back to 2001.
Quote:
This is how it ends. In an Atlanta courtroom, with 11 educators convicted of criminal charges in a cheating scandal dating back to 2001. Forty-four schools, 180 educators, 35 indictments. The ones convicted Wednesday face up to 20 years in prison. They were all found guilty under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act. Charges usually brought against mobsters and organized crime bosses were brought against elementary school teachers.
http://www.usnews.com/opinion/knowledge-bank/2015/04/03/atlanta-school-cheating-...

Quote:
that these teachers were involved in if you know so much about it as you claim Roll Eyes

What I know about this comes from the facts of the case, which are available to anyone who wants to see them.  I made an error earlier concerning the total amount of money involved, which I acknowledged earlier and corrected. You on the other hand, have chosen to downplay this, suggesting they shouldn't even have been arrested. Never mind they were engaging in criminal activity. Plus any negative consequences this can ultimately have on students who were involved. The performance of students was faked. That not only cheats them while in school, but can cheat them or even set them up for failure once they leave. 
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2015 at 10:01pm by glen65 »  

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #67 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
glen65 wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 4:47pm:
This was not a situation where you just had some people acting independently from each other (without each others knowledge) fudging some test scores. The people involved were working together with each other in an organized manner when doing this. The activity they chose to engage in falls under the heading of racketeering, and is violation of RICO. This whole thing was something that dates back to 2001.

What I know about this comes from the facts of the case, which are available to anyone who want to see them.  I made an error earlier concerning the total amount of money involved, which I acknowledged earlier and corrected. You on the other hand, have chosen to downplay this, suggesting they shouldn't even have been arrested. Never mind they were engaging in criminal activity. Plus any negative consequences this can ultimately have on students who were involved. The performance of students was faked. That not only cheats them while in school, but can cheat them or even set them up for failure once they leave. 

So tell me about the 100s of millions they embezzled as you claimed.

Definition of Stupid: 

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #68 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 5:14pm:

I just told you about the money amount in my last post.
Go back and read my post again and this time pay attention.
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2015 at 7:43pm by glen65 »  

IP Logged

Zephyr
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #69 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 5:14pm:

It must have been enough to get convictions for.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Atlanta cheating scandal teachers go to cells in hand-cuffs

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog