Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Owners Of Memories Pizza Plan To Share Their Newfound Fortune
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Owners Of Memories Pizza Plan To Share Their Newfound Fortune (Read 831 times)
Rodney Your Teas Ready
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Owners Of Memories Pizza Plan To Share Their Newfound Fortune
Apr 8th, 2015 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
In a recent post about the small Indiana pizza shop that came under fire for the owners’ stand against catering a hypothetical gay wedding, Western Journalism told you about the amazing amount of money supporters donated to provide financial relief after bitter controversy and threats forced the family-owned restaurant to close.

Memories Pizza, run by Kevin O’Connor and his daughter Crystal in the tiny town of Walkerton, Ind., plans to re-open on Wednesday. The O’Connors say they’re incredibly grateful for all the encouragement from friends and customers, and for the more than $842,000 that some 30,000 well-wishers donated through a GoFundMe campaign. Individuals associated with The Blaze set up the fundraising effort.

In a report that first appeared in The Daily Mail, Mr. O’Connor says that as much as his little pizza parlor could use all that money — he explains that Memories sells “a little over 100 pizzas a week” — he and his daughter plan to share their newfound wealth.

“They revealed they are set to share their new fortune with disabled children, a women’s help group, firefighters, police trusts, Christian churches, and Washington florist Barronelle Stutzman, 70, who was fined after declaring she would not serve a gay wedding.”

You may recall that the elderly florist was slapped with a $1,000 fine last month after she declined to sell flowers for the 2013 wedding of longtime gay customers. A judge ruled that Stutzman, a Christian with deeply-held religious beliefs, violated the Washington state law against discrimination.

As for his religious beliefs and how they may have been influenced by the furor over his pizza parlor’s backing of Indiana’s recently enacted Religious Freedom Restoration Act, Kevin O’Connor tells The Daily Mail he still feels the same about not supporting a gay marriage celebration.

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/heres-embattled-owners-memories-pizza-plan-shar...

IP Logged

Mercy For All
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Re: Owners Of Memories Pizza Plan To Share Their Newfound Fortune
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
So these beggars are turning other people into beggars! Angry

Wink

IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
Rodney Your Teas Ready wrote on Apr 8th, 2015 at 11:14pm:
In a recent post about the small Indiana pizza shop that came under fire for the owners’ stand against catering a hypothetical gay wedding, Western Journalism told you about the amazing amount of money supporters donated to provide financial relief after bitter controversy and threats forced the family-owned restaurant to close.

Memories Pizza, run by Kevin O’Connor and his daughter Crystal in the tiny town of Walkerton, Ind., plans to re-open on Wednesday. The O’Connors say they’re incredibly grateful for all the encouragement from friends and customers, and for the more than $842,000 that some 30,000 well-wishers donated through a GoFundMe campaign. Individuals associated with The Blaze set up the fundraising effort.

In a report that first appeared in The Daily Mail, Mr. O’Connor says that as much as his little pizza parlor could use all that money — he explains that Memories sells “a little over 100 pizzas a week” — he and his daughter plan to share their newfound wealth.

“They revealed they are set to share their new fortune with disabled children, a women’s help group, firefighters, police trusts, Christian churches, and Washington florist Barronelle Stutzman, 70, who was fined after declaring she would not serve a gay wedding.”

You may recall that the elderly florist was slapped with a $1,000 fine last month after she declined to sell flowers for the 2013 wedding of longtime gay customers. A judge ruled that Stutzman, a Christian with deeply-held religious beliefs, violated the Washington state law against discrimination.

As for his religious beliefs and how they may have been influenced by the furor over his pizza parlor’s backing of Indiana’s recently enacted Religious Freedom Restoration Act, Kevin O’Connor tells The Daily Mail he still feels the same about not supporting a gay marriage celebration.

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/heres-embattled-owners-memories-pizza-plan-shar...

That's great, but they better keep enough on hand to set themselves up.
Because from a business standpoint they are ruined. They aren't going to be able to reopen that business without becoming an even bigger target than before.

IP Logged

Rodney Your Teas Ready
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
Mercy For All wrote on Apr 8th, 2015 at 11:25pm:
So these beggars are turning other people into beggars! Angry

Wink

Now the real hate begins.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #4 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 12:09am
Print Post  
Pizza people are good people.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #5 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 5:47am
Print Post  
I hope that if there are more outcries of hate, threats of violence or any acts of violence against these Christian business owners that the news reports it.  The idiocy of attacking/threatening people because of their religious beliefs has to stop.  Our nation was built on religious freedom.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 7:12am
Print Post  
LOL!  I hope like hell they send Sheriff Mack some dough!  He has medical bills to pay!

Beggin' works!

Greg Wink

&&&&"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #7 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 7:12am:
LOL!  I hope like hell they send Sheriff Mack some dough!  He has medical bills to pay!

Beggin' works!

Greg Wink

Greg, why are you being so disingenuous here, or purposely obtuse?

This obviously had to do with people wanting to help this pizzeria.

If it was about no more than "begging" why should anyone care about these people?

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #8 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Frank1 wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 12:45pm:
Greg, why are you being so disingenuous here, or purposely obtuse?

This obviously had to do with people wanting to help this pizzeria.

If it was about no more than "begging" why should anyone care about these people? 

A.  I think it's a GREAT idea and I've said so on multiple occasions.

B.  I wish I had thought of it (as I've also said on multiple occasions).

Greg

&&&&"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #9 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 12:46pm:
A.  I think it's a GREAT idea and I've said so on multiple occasions.

B.  I wish I had thought of it (as I've also said on multiple occasions).

Greg

The problem with you Greg, is that you are only partisan.

You have the intelligence to be otherwise, but yet in my entire time here I have never seen you post anything that is not partisan.

A partisan can never be completely intellectually honest, as reality does not neatly accord with either democratic or republican views.

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Owners Of Memories Pizza Plan To Share Their Newfound Fortune

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog