Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › So, The Bible should be rewritten ?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) So, The Bible should be rewritten ? (Read 5,098 times)
MikeGlosterIII
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

So, The Bible should be rewritten ?
Apr 9th, 2015 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/new-york-times-columnist-suggests-rewriti...

My questions are : if The Bible can be rewritten by humans at will, what is the difference between it and the self help book de jure ; and, who decides when and where said rewriting should take place ?† †Huh Roll Eyes Wink

Let a man meet a she-bear robbed of her cubs rather than a fool in his folly. Proverbs 17:12 (ESV)

IP Logged

Thor3
Ex Member

Re: So, The Bible should be rewritten ?
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
MikeGlosterIII wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 6:18pm:
http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/new-york-times-columnist-suggests-rewriti...

My questions are : if The Bible can be rewritten by humans at will, what is the difference between it and the self help book de jure ; and, who decides when and where said rewriting should take place ?† †Huh Roll Eyes Wink

Poor Gloster doesn't know that his own religious texts have been rewritten, revised, edited and re-edited repeatedly. One of the lastest attempts can be found here:

http://www.conservapedia.com/Conservative_Bible_Project

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Poor Gloster doesn't know that his own religious texts have been rewritten, revised, edited and re-edited repeatedly. One of the lastest attempts can be found here:

I suspect you will not take this challenge but the above link will take you to the oldest known manuscript, The Dead Sea scrolls.† You can go online to view this document and it will translate it for you the book of Isaiah.† You can actually do a comparison of today's versions, say NIV and compare it to the Dead Sea scroll and see for yourself if there are any descrepancies that would validate your insinuation.†

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
...The Great Isaiah Scroll (1QIsaa) is one of the original seven Dead Sea Scrolls discovered in Qumran in 1947. It is the largest (734 cm) and best preserved of all the biblical scrolls, and the only one that is almost complete. The 54 columns contain all 66 chapters of the Hebrew version of the biblical Book of Isaiah. Dating from ca. 125 BCE, it is also one of the oldest of the Dead Sea Scrolls, some one thousand years older than the oldest manuscripts of the Hebrew Bible known to us before the scrolls' discovery...
http://dss.collections.imj.org.il/isaiah

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Zephyr
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Isnt this in the wrong forum?

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Zephyr wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 6:35pm:
Isnt this in the wrong forum?

Yep!

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Reply #6 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I suspect MikeGlosterIII is well informed about the origins of the Bible. Are you suggesting that it should be re-written?

Or do you actually have nothing of value to add to the thread?

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #7 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
I can sum up the bible in two sentences...

Anything that you would find abhorrent, don't do those thing unto others.  The rest is just commentary.

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

Mercy For All
LNF Moderator
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Generally, generalizations
are always false.

Reply #8 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 7:28pm:
I can sum up the bible in two sentences...

Anything that you would find abhorrent, don't do those thing unto others.† The rest is just commentary.

That's not what the Bible is about.

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #9 - Apr 10th, 2015 at 5:30am
Print Post  
Mercy For All wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 8:11pm:
That's not what the Bible is about.

I have it on good faith that it is.  I don't care who begat who, jus tell me what to do!

Don't be a complete ‚sshole and God will love you!  THAT I can remember.

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › So, The Bible should be rewritten ?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog