Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Ricky Smiley Morning show...no responsibility
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ricky Smiley Morning show...no responsibility (Read 1,010 times)
petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker
*****
Online


Posts: 8,424
Location: Maine
Joined: Mar 4th, 2007
Gender: Male
Ricky Smiley Morning show...no responsibility
Apr 15th, 2015 at 10:33am
Print Post  
The atty for the woman teacher in Atlanta who was caught with other educators changing test scores, cheating etc was on the ricky smiley show this am...

The general theme/sentiment, expressed by all was:

- they should not have to go to jail; they did not directly receive financial benefit
- they were doing what they were doing to help the kids who are already at a disadvantage due to their race
- they did what they did to get the schools more money because they are short money due to the war on public education by conservatives and the right

and the summary (and I am not kidding here, this is what they all punchlined with)...

- it is really all george bush's fault because he is the one that pressed for standardized testing and that has put tremendous pressure on these teachers who were forced into cheating to meet the new standards....one asked why George bush was not on trial because it is really his fault that teachers/educators are cheating, and all chimed in that's what should be happening...

Now I realize this is a radio show....but you could tell by the 3-4 hosts on the show that they really, truly believe what they are saying....they completely ignore the "crime" and immediately look to assign blame elsewhere.

You understand how completely different many of us see the world and personal responsibility. There is nothing you could say to change these peoples minds.

It's really sad to think how little responsibility some in this world are willing to take.
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker
*****
Online

bring back the middle
class!

Posts: 12,120
Joined: Sep 29th, 2004
Re: Ricky Smiley Morning show...no responsibility
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 10:40am
Print Post  
This reminds me of the protests raised against Michelle Rhee when she was superintendent of DC schools and tried to get rid of the worst performing teachers.  It was the parents -- the PARENTS -- who were against this, saying that those teachers shouldn't be fired.  The PARENTS, whose children sit in the rooms with these worst-performing teachers.

Just boggled my mind.
  

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker
*****
Online


Posts: 8,424
Location: Maine
Joined: Mar 4th, 2007
Gender: Male
Re: Ricky Smiley Morning show...no responsibility
Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 10:49am
Print Post  
yes - I remember that - I just read a book by joel klein (lessons of hope: how to fix our schools)..actually saw him speak then got the book.

it was interesting as he is a self proclaimed liberal, a hardcore democrat...but he was appalled that he faced so much opposition to charter schools, vouchers and firing teachers who could not pass basic tests in their subject area...

I think some just never want to hold others accountable for fear they may be held accountable...

  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
*****
Online

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Posts: 23,782
Joined: Oct 31st, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: Ricky Smiley Morning show...no responsibility
Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 11:34am
Print Post  
It's a symptom of what is wrong with our society and our schools.
  


"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker
*****
Online


Posts: 8,424
Location: Maine
Joined: Mar 4th, 2007
Gender: Male
Re: Ricky Smiley Morning show...no responsibility
Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 11:58am
Print Post  
it's a great deal how you are raised...and how those you associate with or identify with behave. This is what I could gain from those on the radio show. It's group think

Many are unhappy in this world, and wish to blame their lot in life on external forces...so everyone else is to blame...and they feel they are always "due" or "owed" something. The explosion in the number of ambulance chasing attys over the past 25 years is proof enough.

I once did not prepare for a hurricane, thinking it would pass or be small, and it wasn't....while waiting in a fema line for 3 hours for ice (and only happy I could get ice due to my mess up), I heard one woman complaining non-stop about the line and how they were not prepared....another man said lady, we are all here because we had 3 days to prepare and none of us did, its your own fault you are waiting...

two people, two completely different views of the same situation.
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
*****
Online


Posts: 28,661
Joined: Jul 5th, 2008
Re: Ricky Smiley Morning show...no responsibility
Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Apr 15th, 2015 at 10:40am:
This reminds me of the protests raised against Michelle Rhee when she was superintendent of DC schools and tried to get rid of the worst performing teachers. It was the parents -- the PARENTS -- who were against this, saying that those teachers shouldn't be fired. The PARENTS, whose children sit in the rooms with these worst-performing teachers.

Just boggled my mind.

It all depends on what you call the worst performing teachers. If Michelle Rhee was so great, then why is she not still in public education.
  

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.


TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Frank1
LNF Majority Leader
***
Offline


Posts: 7,269
Joined: May 18th, 2005
Gender: Male
Re: Ricky Smiley Morning show...no responsibility
Reply #6 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Apr 15th, 2015 at 10:49am:
(lessons of hope: how to fix our schools)..


How to fix our schools:

90% of students should be assigned a vocational track after grade 6, like in Germany.

Only the top 10% go into 7th grade and beyond.

This is good for everyone.  The majority of students can learn a useful skill, and the top 10% can have a schooling that is not massively dumbed-down by trying to make it "relevant" to the other 90% who do not care and/or do not have the intelligence to do higher level academic work.
  


Christ Pantocrator

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
*****
Online


Posts: 28,661
Joined: Jul 5th, 2008
Re: Ricky Smiley Morning show...no responsibility
Reply #7 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Frank1 wrote on Apr 15th, 2015 at 9:34pm:
How to fix our schools:

90% of students should be assigned a vocational track after grade 6, like in Germany.

Only the top 10% go into 7th grade and beyond.

This is good for everyone. The majority of students can learn a useful skill, and the top 10% can have a schooling that is not massively dumbed-down by trying to make it "relevant" to the other 90% who do not care and/or do not have the intelligence to do higher level academic work.

Nothing is wrong with a vocational track.  But it should be a child's choice.
  

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.


TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Bert Number 49
Hardhat
LNF Bunker
*****
Offline

Erik stole my lunch money

Posts: 139,381
Location: Knepper On The Green
Joined: Oct 1st, 2005
Re: Ricky Smiley Morning show...no responsibility
Reply #8 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Is Ricky related to Guy?
  

Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
 
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Ricky Smiley Morning show...no responsibility

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room





Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules