Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Ann Coulter and Fox News want to bring back literacy tests for voting?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ann Coulter and Fox News want to bring back literacy tests for voting? (Read 4,646 times)
Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ann Coulter and Fox News want to bring back literacy tests for voting?
Apr 15th, 2015 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Morons...

Quote:
A Fox News segment with conservative columnist Ann Coulter on Wednesday discussed why the country would be better off if Americans had to pass so-called “literacy tests” similar to ones that were used in the Jim Crow South to suppress black voters.

After Fox News reporter Jesse Watters interviewed several New Yorkers who could not identify Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio, Fox & Friends host Brian Kilmeade observed that “studies show that Americans are poorly informed on government and politics.”

“So, is it time to revisit a test for people to be able to vote?” he asked. “Does it bother you that your vote counts as much as somebody who does not know what’s going on?”

“More than I can say,” Coulter agreed. “I just think it should be, well for one thing, a little more difficult to vote. There’s nothing unconstitutional about literacy tests. Instead, we have ballots being given in 124 different languages. And I’m pretty sure Senate debates will not be taking place in Urdu. So, what are they voting on?”

Under Coulter’s proposed election rules, Democrats could “do all the vote theft they could get away with” but voting would be limited to 24 hours.

“If we want to build up civic education, what a great way to do it, to force people to understand what’s going on before we allow them to vote,” Kilmeade suggested.

“Until that happens, maybe we can check to see if they can name the vice president before letting them vote,” Coulter quipped. “As for civic education, that usually means 12 more years of the Chinese-style propaganda in public schools, which only means you are dumber that someone who has not gone to school.”

Accountability Project Executive Director Nomiki Konst pointed out that the 1965 Voting Rights Act made literacy tests illegal, but Coulter disagreed.

According to the conservative pundit, “fake literacy tests were used after the Civil War by Democrats to keep blacks from voting… Again, continuing the long tradition of Democratic vote theft.”

“Is a completely ignorant voter better for the Democratic Party or the Republican Party? The Democratic Party,” Coulter concluded.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/04/fox-and-ann-coulter-prep-for-2016-bring-back-...

Jaysus...

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Re: Ann Coulter and Fox News want to bring back literacy tests for voting?
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
is that any more or less stupid than not having to have an ID to vote?

As our demographics shift to more people living off gov't than contributing, and more and more paying no federal taxes, I am of the mind that you can only have representation if you are paying income taxes....kind of the other edge of the sword taxation without representation.

If I got to go to dinner at someone else's house every night, never had to pay, but got to choose the menu...I'm guessing there'd be a lot of steak and lobster on the menu...

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
If there could be an objective, non-Jim Crow test for voters, I would probably support it.  One that did not favor either ideology, and that did not even automatically disenfranchise the lunatic fringe of other right or left.  The problem is, such a thing cannot exist.

Land ownership is no longer a good qualifying factor, either.  Maybe taxes paid, including sales, property, income, whatever.  I dunno.  But Ann Coulter is just a button pusher, and she knows where the buttons are on the folks that follow her.  And she knows how to push 'em. And she makes a lot of money doing it.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

just_me
LNF Representative2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
If it was on Faux news it has to be true.   Grin

just me

IP Logged

Fıddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Coulter goes out of his way to be controversial. I don't think anyone truly believes what he says.

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Fıddler wrote on Apr 15th, 2015 at 1:18pm:
Coulter goes out of his way to be controversial. I don't think anyone truly believes what he says.

Sadly, I think some DO believe what he says. 

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Fıddler wrote on Apr 15th, 2015 at 1:18pm:

Coulter is a woman Fiddler. You are not thinking of Hillary are you?
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Apr 15th, 2015 at 11:37am:

Well, my grandparents had to pass a test, and be able to speak English too. How many of you passed your driving test? Anything that might involve some intelligence, the left is against it. Did you have to take a test for your job? No, did you have to fill out a form and fill in the information wanted?
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

robth
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

The Sleep of Reason Begets
Liberalism

Reply #8 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
We couldn't have a literacy test........most democrats would fail.    Wink

&&

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #9 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
robth wrote on Apr 15th, 2015 at 2:00pm:
We couldn't have a literacy test........most democrats would fail.    Wink

...and there ya go...

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Ann Coulter and Fox News want to bring back literacy tests for voting?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules